Nooblet question

Ajvar
Warder

Postby Ajvar » May 02, 2017 21:14

Hey guys, due to some RL stuff and in general time shortage i didn't play much ,but now i got some free time on my hands and i was planing to roll.
Hibernia is the only realm i didn't play for real on live so was thinking of rolling here.
My real question is ,is NS for 1st ,and possibly only, toon doable option for someone who will play like couple hours a day,so not really hardcore?
Or is it pure masochism?
Cheers

Vociridu
Warder

Postby Vociridu » May 02, 2017 22:50

In all honesty I would roll a valewalker
Neartmhor
Vociridu (Enchanter)- Voriax (Nightshade) - Videx (Valewalker)

morry1000
Gryphon Knight

Postby morry1000 » May 02, 2017 23:03

Ajvar wrote:Hey guys, due to some RL stuff and in general time shortage i didn't play much ,but now i got some free time on my hands and i was planing to roll.
Hibernia is the only realm i didn't play for real on live so was thinking of rolling here.
My real question is ,is NS for 1st ,and possibly only, toon doable option for someone who will play like couple hours a day,so not really hardcore?
Or is it pure masochism?
Cheers

Stealthers are one of the hardest classes to lv solo, couple of hours a night will get you to Thid for some fun or whatever, but not 50 if that is your plan.

If it is to be the one and only class then you will need to farm your whole template with it as well, that is gonna take a while too. Plus alchemy perhaps for pots later on (or to help lvling perhaps). Its a lot of work.

Most make a farm character and then a stealther....not saying it cannot be done mind you, just be realistic with your timescales etc. Other posters have mentioned before in other threads that solo lvling things like hunters etc took a loooooonnngg time :D

Lazyghost
Myrmidon

Postby Lazyghost » May 03, 2017 01:45

It can be done. We babe a rr4lx ns in the guild who has his ns as first char. Hes doing pretty well.

Kaziera
Gryphon Knight

Postby Kaziera » May 03, 2017 09:11

And still it takes a crapton of time. Expect 20 days played to 50 when you dont have guild support.

It even would be faster to lvl an ench with like 7days played and then do some sort of pl trade.

Lazyghost
Myrmidon

Postby Lazyghost » May 04, 2017 03:22

Kaziera wrote:And still it takes a crapton of time. Expect 20 days played to 50 when you dont have guild support.

It even would be faster to lvl an ench with like 7days played and then do some sort of pl trade.

That is not true. Mine hit 50 at 8dayz played. No power lv at all. Just running in random groups and soloing. When nothing was around soon as hit 43 was in bog groups. Best advice get to know a few people around ur level and group up regular pm them when ur on see whats happening. I kept getting invites to groups when I loged on. Or make friends with a bard then build the group around u 2. Deeps may be reluctant to start a group with a ns but an ns with bard people will join heals buffs and endo. Basis for and goos group. Add warden and ur golden

Kaziera
Gryphon Knight

Postby Kaziera » May 04, 2017 11:44

And to do that as a beginner when your play style is lacking at Best ist not exactly very probable. I stand by my opinion.

Der_Eisbaer
Eagle Knight

Postby Der_Eisbaer » May 05, 2017 12:42

I agree with Kaziera:

Without any backup NS is hard to solo. In any case it is expensive to template.

My suggestion would be to create a decent farming char that gets Tailoring to 1000, followed by Leatherworking / Woodworking / Clothworking / Metalworking at 1000. Thus you can earn money by farming and salvaging loot. I'd go for a Celt Mana Mentalist with +15 Str (so you can carry as much loot as possible ^^).

When you got some money together get 3 or 4 exp-temps for your nightshade with capped melee resis / HP / CON / STR / DEX / QUI and +skill as necessary, plus weapons being at least lvl 99.

This way you will be able to XP your NS much faster. It will still take long but being able to actually kill something above blue-green will be very satisfying. ^^

Return to Nightshade