3 questions for Thidranki

FreedomCall
Myrmidon

Postby FreedomCall » May 02, 2017 15:57

My NS became 24 now and wanna have some fun in thid.
I have 2 questions.

1. I'm ATing stealth, so currently my stealth is 11(base 6+ item 5).
I know I can't be a perfect ninja, but anyway will I able to have some fun soloing with that stealth spec?

2. I'm gonna use dropped gears except vest, cuz I have a +2 envenom jewel and I want to imbue +3 envenom into vest which will enable me to use lvl22 str/con debuff posion.
I don't know anything about SC but heard putting 4 jewels is a MUST.
So I'm thinking about putting some thrust/slash/body resist together.
My question here is, how much will it take if I ask a SCer to OC on a lvl 28 vest?
I saw posts that explain OCing on lvl 51 gear takes about 350g, but how is it on lvl 28 item?

3. Does str debuff poison & str/con debuff poison stack?
Should I prepare those 2 all the time, or only str/con poison?

Grignr
Myrmidon

Postby Grignr » May 02, 2017 17:52

FreedomCall wrote:My NS became 24 now and wanna have some fun in thid.
I have 2 questions.

1. I'm ATing stealth, so currently my stealth is 11(base 6+ item 5).
I know I can't be a perfect ninja, but anyway will I able to have some fun soloing with that stealth spec?

You'll find most people in Thid are ATing stealth, so VS other stealthers you'll either be on even or occaisionally, yes you might be PAed by the odd infil, at least you get to feel the pain others go through I guess ;)

VS full groups or duos its absolutely fine unless you are walking over well trodden paths like the bridges and roads when they will spot you if they get into stick range. Just swim beside bridges and stay slightly out of the normal roaming paths.

My AT NS had several PA and backstab kills in Thid with less stealth, I wasn't even 24 until my last evening there.

Caledonia is where you'll start to see the difference from AT and fully trained stealthers, I still got loads of PAs, it was only infils and the very occasional SB (They need AT points even more than NS do in my opinion due to leftaxe mechanics) that had any real benefit, I had multiple fights against mincers with higher stealth but I massively outdamaged them even out of stealth.

FreedomCall wrote:2. I'm gonna use dropped gears except vest, cuz I have a +2 envenom jewel and I want to imbue +3 envenom into vest which will enable me to use lvl22 str/con debuff posion.
I don't know anything about SC but heard putting 4 jewels is a MUST.
So I'm thinking about putting some thrust/slash/body resist together.
My question here is, how much will it take if I ask a SCer to OC on a lvl 28 vest?
I saw posts that explain OCing on lvl 51 gear takes about 350g, but how is it on lvl 28 item?

OC requires a Legendary SCer, you're probably paying more for their service than the stones themselves. I had a couple of bits of leather SCed with +env +con and +str to get me closer to cap and it cost me a few gold but that was a levelling SCer with no OC.

FreedomCall wrote:3. Does str debuff poison & str/con debuff poison stack?
Should I prepare those 2 all the time, or only str/con poison?

Honestly str/con and dot, or disease and DOT for BDs should be fine. I had a second DOT on my 2h slot weapon for finishing people off if I was on my second fight without resting or fighting an unexpected stealth duo. Most fights will be over before you can start stacking poisons up.

Evinac
Gryphon Knight

Postby Evinac » May 02, 2017 18:26

u cap out out way too fast in thid to justify a template imo. i did put a few things together for my ns in the 20's, including crafted 99 qual weapons but i focused on making sure my stats/weapon skills (CD/pierce) were capped till lvl 30 for easier lvling 25-29.

at 24, a clean solo kill of another lvl 24 gives u about 15 rp's and .5 of a bulb. don't SC too hard, and as the above poster mentioned, u basically need LGM for any kind of OC - don't do OC imo. can still get decent stats on armor with only 0.5 pts of OC which doesn't technically count as overcharge when combining.
Evinak - Eldritch
Evinac - Hero
<Blazed>

FreedomCall
Myrmidon

Postby FreedomCall » May 02, 2017 19:02

Thx guys for your detailed information. :D
I've decided to OC only 0.5 points with skills rather than resists, cuz I've nearly capped stats atm.

Btw, I'm still curious if str & str/con stacks.
I'm not gonna use it in Thid as Grignr said, but maybe lvl17 str poison(which is the strongest one among str debuff only) might help in lvl50 rvr if it stacks, cuz -44 str is not that small...?

Vociridu
Warder

Postby Vociridu » May 02, 2017 19:23

FreedomCall wrote:Thx guys for your detailed information. :D
I've decided to OC only 0.5 points with skills rather than resists, cuz I've nearly capped stats atm.

I'm not gonna use it in Thid as Grignr said, but maybe lvl17 str poison(which is the strongest one among str debuff only) might help in lvl50 rvr if it stacks, cuz -44 str is not that small...?

Str and Str/Con poisons do not stack
Neartmhor
Vociridu (Enchanter)- Voriax (Nightshade) - Videx (Valewalker)

FreedomCall
Myrmidon

Postby FreedomCall » May 26, 2017 16:28

Vociridu wrote:
FreedomCall wrote:Thx guys for your detailed information. :D

Str and Str/Con poisons do not stack

thx

Return to Nightshade