Quality of life while leveling? NS

michael.dahlkvist@gmail.com
Guardian

Postby michael.dahlkvist@gmail.com » May 02, 2017 08:16

Hi,

I am starting my journey and want to know what you guys use as to make leveling as fun as possible. I am going to try to keep my Alchemy up to speed so i have the option to use Alchemy items while leveling.

But i wonder, is there any items that buff stats, or good ways of keeping endo up etc? Potions only last so long and filling the bag with them will not keep you running for long either. Currently iam sitting in between every mob and iam sure i will get tired of that.

Thanks

Vociridu
Warder

Postby Vociridu » May 02, 2017 17:06

This may be better suited for the crafting forum. None the less, here you go - https://web.archive.org/web/20030810095650/http://www.midnightsojourn.com/recipes.html

As for your endurance issue - what level are you? Personally I only use PA or nuke to open, and only style using my evade chain. With my poisons up (DoT and s/c debuff) I rarely run out of endurance, and find myself typically waiting for my 10s application/stealth timer than anything else lol.

Also, how many poisons are you storing? Even with 200 of each (which is 4 slots of the aforementioned poisons) that's enough to get me a full bag of sellable loot, which means I am returning to town to sell way before I run out of poisons. This way I can replenish my poisons at the same time I am selling trash loot.
Neartmhor
Vociridu (Enchanter)- Voriax (Nightshade) - Videx (Valewalker)

michael.dahlkvist@gmail.com
Guardian

Postby michael.dahlkvist@gmail.com » May 02, 2017 20:38

iam currently lvl 11 and iam using CD styles, iam sure it will get better once i get some levels and gear. Iam carrying 200-300 poisons trying to keep weight down and stuff. Iam sure its not much but i dont have much STR yet so i get enc easy.

Thanks for the link, i will atleast keep a couple of heal pots on hand.

Vociridu
Warder

Postby Vociridu » May 02, 2017 22:49

This may help you with which styles you should be using (hover over the style and it will show its growth rate )

http://genuapp.appspot.com/char/class/nightshade.html
Neartmhor
Vociridu (Enchanter)- Voriax (Nightshade) - Videx (Valewalker)

Grignr
Myrmidon

Postby Grignr » May 03, 2017 11:41

I'm still levelling but my strategy while levelling to 20:

Pierce and envenom high as possible, spare points in CD.
As pierce is the highest spec it'll do the most damage and your weaponskill will be the best it can. Envenom means you can kill yellows easily and oranges with rest. CD helps with upping the chance of offhand hits for some damage add.
At 20.9 respec out of CD and start putting points in CS instead.
Keep pierce as close as possible to your level using +skill armour and adding some points every couple of levels. Same for envenom
Use CS styles for their high growth rates and the high spec damage.

At 22-24 I had PA which did some amazing damage when people in the BGs were running at speed towards me and didn't spot me from stealth, or just plain saw me and didn't pop me out of stealth in time.

I'm now keeping pierce spec a few levels below mine, levelling CS every level and putting the rest of the points into envenom. I'm not far off 40 now and I can still solo yellow out in the FZs and sometimes orange, although DD and poison resists are a real problem. In groups I do great positional damage with piercer from the side and often have to switch to evade styles after outdamaging the tank's taunts.

Return to Nightshade