Is the in-game style instruction on dmg credible?

FreedomCall
Myrmidon

Postby FreedomCall » Apr 26, 2017 18:18

This topic is not only limited on NS, but anyway I realized it while playing NS.

I'm new to NS and now lvl 11. put 6 on CS and trained all 3 Backstep chains.
So, I just wanted to try some CS styles to see how it is like being a stealther.

First I read descriptions about those 3 styles.
Hm, OK. the dmg seems to be "Very Low -> High -> High".
Well, I guess the Backstep itself might be "Very Low" cuz it has 2sec stun.

Then, I tried this chain on a neutral mob.
all three styles were performed perfectly, but wait, the dmg is "+13 -> +4 -> +5"???
Wasn't it "Very Low -> High -> High"?
And even my Bumbebee's Sting(piercing taunt) whose dmg is supposed to be 'Low' lands '+4~+5' dmg!!

I'm quite confused now on in-game style descriptions.
Did I do sth wrong? or are these style descriptions untrustworthy? or is it just bugged?
Can somebody explain to me about this?

elwuff
Warder

Postby elwuff » Apr 27, 2017 09:38

simple and quick answer, the first one is an opener from stealth and you get bonus too it, damage is low compared to the high bonus opener you get later.

so only compare "normal" styles and styles where you need to be stealthed seperately.

FreedomCall
Myrmidon

Postby FreedomCall » Apr 27, 2017 20:19

elwuff wrote:simple and quick answer, the first one is an opener from stealth and you get bonus too it, damage is low compared to the high bonus opener you get later.

so only compare "normal" styles and styles where you need to be stealthed seperately.

thx. didn't know that the opener inflicts plus dmg.

Return to Nightshade