Poison/Weapon Switching?

zHarvest
Warder

Postby zHarvest » Apr 05, 2017 03:13

Hi guys, I really like Assassins Class, but something that I always hated about them in DAoC was the Weapon-Swapping thing for applying more Poisons.

In that Patch is still something that you need/able to do?

Can you avoid doing it?

Grignr
Myrmidon

Postby Grignr » Apr 05, 2017 12:55

Uth 2.0 is aimed at patch level 1.65 so expect things to be harder not easier than you remember :)

I'm still levelling but I tend to have DOT on my mainhand and STR debuff on my left, I might swap those to str/con on main and dot on left once I have high enough env. Then in my 2h slot I have another weapon with either +DOT if I need to apply a bit more damage in PVE after the first has run out, or +disease in RVR. I swap between mainhand and 2h using the qbar but I might consider using a bind when I hit 50 and real RvR.

I believe you can pre posion additonal weapons in your inventory and swap them mid fight if required, but again I'm not high enough to say if thats useful.

Vociridu
Warder

Postby Vociridu » Apr 05, 2017 19:19

Yes you can pre-poison weapons and swap them from your inventory. I highly recommend learning this skill as it opens up many more options for different scenarios.

Is it avoidable? Yes, you could just use your MH/OH and switch to your back weapon, but that's only 3 different poisons. If I remember there are a total of 6 different poisons this patch (I could be off by 1 or 2). And if one or more of those vital poisons are resisted then you need to have the ability to equip a different weapon to re-apply that poison.
Neartmhor
Vociridu (Enchanter)- Voriax (Nightshade) - Videx (Valewalker)

Return to Nightshade