RA priority

jeaf
Myrmidon

Postby jeaf » Mar 01, 2014 19:05

Hello, as title says, there are many useful ras for the ns but which one should be taken first?
i guess See hidden could be the first then Wild arcana + Avoid Pain (with aug acu/const ofc) but what about purge? Other RAs like dodger/mopain...are they just good as fillers or?

Please give some hints 8)

Gandagorn
Warder

Postby Gandagorn » Mar 06, 2014 17:26

Well i myself :P would prio See hidden before anything els.. As for old RA is the must powerfull one.. Not sure if Wild arcana is worth it in the start but i would go for Avoid pain.. As is on 15 mins is pretty powerful and you will need it VS dragonfang.. what els to take right now is still pretty much a ? for me ^^

Kyounn

Botanist
Myrmidon

Postby Botanist » Jul 13, 2014 11:59

I will go for the best damage output possible in the beginning to kill enemies quickly.
RA's would be: aug dex 2, auf acuity 2, see hidden (i guess), tireless 1, purge, wild arcana 2-4, mop 3-4, dualists reflexes x(nice in combi with mop)

See hidden was altered in the 1.62 patch to lower the range at which you can see enemy non-assassins. I don't know if it is overrated and worth it in the beginning?

The description of viper is "Short Duration double damage from all DOTs" - Does anyone know if old ra viper also affects dot's from weapons and armor?

Later i would add viper, dodger (for 50% evade cap), max the others out, ....

I'm not sure about avoid pain. I think you would have to max it out to have a noticeable effect, since the absorption starts pretty low (10% for leather). And you have the prerequisite of having auf con 3. All together it looks really expensive - and don't forget the 15 minute timer.

In general i prefer passive RAs over timer-based abilities. Maybe i'm completely wrong :grin: let's find out!

Magicco
Alerion Knight

Postby Magicco » Jul 18, 2014 18:27

Botanist wrote:
See hidden was altered in the 1.62 patch to lower the range at which you can see enemy non-assassins. I don't know if it is overrated and worth it in the beginning?

even the "nerfed" see hidden was greater than mos5
i would guess about 800-900 units when you watch some older vids

Sanik
Myrmidon

Postby Sanik » May 04, 2016 20:38

Thread revival!

What will you take first? (after see hidden and purge of course)

1. dodger/mop passives
2. WA/Viper
3. AP3

AP seems like it will be really good and I like that it is on a 15 minute timer. I might try and rush this ability first. what is everyone else planning?

Autarch
Gryphon Knight

Postby Autarch » May 05, 2016 11:18

in that order considering you taking mop, WA and dodger at lvl 2 it will be 66 ra points (22 pts for aug stats only)

and no purge nor see hidden at rrk 7L6.

it seems bold but maybe i m wrong.

i m not saying WA dodger mop or AP are worthless (with leather having 40% abs for 60sec every 15 mins is awesome), i m questioning the priority since it is the debate here. i m open to discussion and curious about everyone's opinion too.

it would be tempting to build a RA priority regarding "passives" and "active" ra playstyle.

dodger/mop/wa 3 + see hidden = 50 pts
purge viper + ap3 = 52 pts

see hidden is questionable regarding the number of archers on live, i don't think you ll find a lot and it may be expendable

at the end you ll surelly have everything you need, but i m curious about the priority aswell

Sanik
Myrmidon

Postby Sanik » May 05, 2016 16:44

Well it's a really long journey to get everything you need as a nightshade.

I'm trying to weigh the benefits of taking passives like (dex2 mop2 quick2 dodger2) before or after actives...

and then I'm not sure what's going to win more fights Avoid Pain 2-3
or perhaps having WA 3 and Viper

My plan is to run a full dot reactive template with matter dots on all the armor and weapons. (get an energy dot proc chest piece) and then swap spam lifebane. On paper this seems extremely powerful to me.

but in the end I'm looking to take what is going to give me an advantage.
SBs and Infils are both going to take dodger and mop asap. I wonder if not taking these first will put me at too much of a disadvantage regular combat.

but AP 3 seems really powerful and a 15 min timer is pretty decent for OF ability.

Feuille
Gryphon Knight

Postby Feuille » May 05, 2016 18:10

15 minutes ? Yeah the time you need to go DL > AMG

Sivle
Myrmidon

Postby Sivle » May 13, 2016 14:20

Personally I'd take actives first.

Actives win fights! That's the sad truth. The earlier you pick your actives, the better. If you're rr7 and will have to save lots of points for AP3, it will take lots of time. Passives generally can alwys be bought with 1-3 points, which you is a faster to reach goal on higher realm ranks.

Personal:

1st: See Hidden
2nd: Purge
3rd: Aug Const III
4th: Avoid Pain III

Then I'll have to decide wheter i'll go for Viper or Passives

By the way, has anyone of you tested those Rain of Fire, Rain of Ice, Rain of xxxx abilities back in the days? Do they stack?
Elvis, Nightshade
"Das Tribunal"

LuriBehindTree
Warder

Postby LuriBehindTree » Jul 02, 2016 12:59

Sivle wrote:By the way, has anyone of you tested those Rain of Fire, Rain of Ice, Rain of xxxx abilities back in the days? Do they stack?

Pretty sure they should not stack with any other damage add or each other; however, have not tested here.

tsujin
Myrmidon

Postby tsujin » Jul 12, 2016 18:10

I think the 3 most important RAs (after see hidden) for ns are (at least) ap2, purge, and viper. After that I'll start picking up passives, but realistically no matter what I expect infils to have a slight edge early on, but good NS players should completely dominate in the higher realm ranks. NS RA options are insane, they just take awhile to get rolling.

Atum
Myrmidon

Postby Atum » Mar 06, 2017 01:01

*bump*

what are your experiences so far?

active ra's > passive ra's at the beginning / until rr3+ ?

a) is see hidden worth it? highest archers are 2L7 (scout) and 3L1 (hunters), so imho not really a point to get it (at least not first)

suggestions:

I) active ra's choice: lw1, purge 2L1, then go for aug con 3 (3L1) -> AP 3 (5L0) ? after that go for viper imho

II) mix: lw1, purge (2L1), then go for aug qui II 2L5, dodger II 2L9, MoS II 3L3, aug dex II 3L7, MoP II 4L1

III) only passives: lw1, aug qui II 1L5, dodger II 1L9, MoS II 2L3, aug dex II 2L7, MoP II 3L1 aug acu II 3L5, WA II 3L9

any ideas?
Atum / Talmar

Bellum Potentiae / Genesis / Bonzenverein / Morrigans Breath

DAoC
Log/Alb, Dm/Hib, Salis/Alb, Uth/Hib

WoW
Gorgonnash/Horde

Sivle
Myrmidon

Postby Sivle » Mar 07, 2017 00:52

I'm not ready for rvr yet.

But my first RA will be Purge, than See Hidden. ARchers may be low in number yet. But they are still the perfect leech char for stealth groups. There will be archers, well, more likely groups of archers in rvr and you really want to see them.

But first I'll buy purge. Every Inf will have his 9 sec after evade stun from the beginning, every Tank will have slam from the beginning, every caster (well, almost every caster) will have qc CC from the beginning - therefore Purge is the most important RA for me.
Elvis, Nightshade
"Das Tribunal"

Enkrates
Warder

Postby Enkrates » Mar 08, 2017 00:13

Purge is a priority imo. Once any CC landed you are screwed. Try killing a minstrel or skald.

Wellzy
Myrmidon

Postby Wellzy » Mar 22, 2017 15:14

See hidden is worthless. There are not enough archers that play to make this useful. Get RA's that will help you win fights.

MoS only increases stealth movement speed, it does not affect detection. Again, not useful in a fight.

Next

Return to Nightshade