Question on how you're going to handle NS DD.

Drakons20
Gryphon Knight

Postby Drakons20 » Feb 27, 2014 03:33

Taking Aug Acuity should be increasing Str since it increase your primary casting stat. So is that how it is going to be handled? Mind you I'm only reading information and this is what it seems like it should be. The link also talks about post and pre 1.62 patch levels. So this is a question not a statement on my part.

The below information is taken straight from a Nightshade Guide for this patch level.
http://strategy.guardiansofvalor.com/St ... shade%20DD

The Nightshade DD

The Nightshade dd is normally dismissed as useless. However, a combat Nightshade can use it in several very useful ways. The dd never runs out of ammo -- it is excellent for pulling in PvE and is an always-available tool for RvR. Make sure any Mentalists you have with you know that you need Power regen, and stick around when you need a recharge. The amount of damage the dd does is small but not trivial. Even against resists, I can usually get in 60-80 damage on a target. Repeated fire can help kill a target or drive them back to get healed, and your naturally high Dex lets you cast very quickly. Remember that Strength is the attribute your casting is based on, so have your Strength maxed out (which you should anyway). Items with +Power are nice, but you will have a hard enough time getting all the other skills and resists in order -- don't bother with +Power.

Juna
Eagle Knight

Postby Juna » Feb 27, 2014 07:17

Your link is not working. Did it hold proof, that Aug Acuity was str based for NS? If not, find other proof.
How to speed up bug fixing process:
1. One bug per bug report - side-discussions make it hard to find information on the actual bug, while fixing it.
2. Video proofs are best and mostly indiscussable if done correctly. For some bugs Screenshots are as good.
3. Never forget to check patchnotes (1.70+), for changes that invalidate the bug report.
4. Keep all the information in the initial post, even if gathered later, so the devs have easy access to them.
5. To discuss a possible bug make a thread elsewhere (support or general forum). Keep Bugreport-Forum free of unconfirmed bugs.
6. Stick to this report-template: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=13415
7. Check the bug reports section (and sub sections) and use forum search. Maybe the bug has already been reported.

Austerim
Alerion Knight

Postby Austerim » Feb 27, 2014 07:28

Juna wrote:Your link is not working. Did it hold proof, that Aug Acuity was str based for NS? If not, find other proof.
http://strategy.guardiansofvalor.com/Strategy/AetiusNightshadeGuide.asp#The%20Nightshade%20DD
[3:10pm] <myrmidon^> You have to be a c*** to be awesome at daoc
[3:10pm] <myrmidon^> that's what I learnt
[3:11pm] <Frosty_> then why does austerim suck
lordgriffon wrote:Oh by the way... ever seen a group of 8 smite clerics? Or play against a group like that? I have. Absolute devastation. The group that runs up against them can't kill them fast enough because smite clerics have sooooooo many tools at their disposal combined with decent ranged damage with 8 of them dudes doing it!

_Oglop_
Phoenix Knight

Postby _Oglop_ » Feb 27, 2014 07:35

Patch 1.62 wrote:Realm Abilities

- The Augmented Acuity RA now affects power pool and damage for Nightshade spell abilities.
"It's not fair unless I'm winning!"

Thalien
Phoenix Knight

Postby Thalien » Feb 27, 2014 09:59

Would be a cool thing but it doesn't say it increases strength. Imo it just increases powerpool and dmg by a different calculated way.
Thats also what Austerims linked guide says. No increase in strength.

I doubt it increased strength. That would have been an unfair disadvantage to the other stelathers. NS had already best ra and this would give them 12 more strentgh for 2 ra points spent (aug str I, aug acuity I).
Fabienne - Blademaster
Junia - Bard
Audrina - Ench
-----
Zoe - Sorc
Stella - Pala
Devon - Scout

Nayru
Developer
Developer

Postby Nayru » Feb 27, 2014 12:04

According to our code it looks like Augmented Acuity is already doing this. However you could train Augmented Strength instead, as this would increase your spell AND melee damage. :)

Austerim
Alerion Knight

Postby Austerim » Feb 27, 2014 12:44

Nayru wrote:According to our code it looks like Augmented Acuity is already doing this. However you could train Augmented Strength instead, as this would increase your spell AND melee damage. :)
You need Augmented Acuity 2 for the beast Wild Arcana though. :twisted:
lordgriffon wrote:Oh by the way... ever seen a group of 8 smite clerics? Or play against a group like that? I have. Absolute devastation. The group that runs up against them can't kill them fast enough because smite clerics have sooooooo many tools at their disposal combined with decent ranged damage with 8 of them dudes doing it!

Magicco
Alerion Knight

Postby Magicco » Feb 27, 2014 14:27

Nayru wrote:According to our code it looks like Augmented Acuity is already doing this. However you could train Augmented Strength instead, as this would increase your spell AND melee damage. :)

hm wasn't that a very late change on live, that the dd damage is increased by strength?

edit.: no mixed sth up, damage calc is based on stealth-skill on live (since 1.103). my bad

Ilerget
Phoenix Knight

Postby Ilerget » Feb 27, 2014 21:28

afaik acuity increase the casting stat (intelligence or piety usually) and...is not strength the casting stat for ns? :roll:
It's the thrill of the chase
and I'm coming after you.

Zippity
Phoenix Knight

Postby Zippity » Feb 28, 2014 03:07

The answers you seek are likely on this forum some place:

http://www.thesafehouse.org/forums/foru ... order=desc

Austerim
Alerion Knight

Postby Austerim » Feb 28, 2014 04:06

http://www.thesafehouse.org/forums/showthread.php?t=4785

Going by that it doesn't even increase Strength so it seems it's worthless for NS but they need it for Wild Arcana. :wall:

Nayru
Developer
Developer

Postby Nayru » Mar 01, 2014 00:41

Indeed. Fixed ;)

Force
Phoenix Knight

Postby Force » Mar 02, 2014 11:47

Austerim wrote:
You need Augmented Acuity 2 for the beast Wild Arcana though. :twisted:

Will object procs be implemented before relaunch though? If not, that RA is basically worthless on NS.

Austerim
Alerion Knight

Postby Austerim » Mar 02, 2014 13:24

Force wrote:Will object procs be implemented before relaunch though? If not, that RA is basically worthless on NS.
What do you mean?

Thalien
Phoenix Knight

Postby Thalien » Sep 12, 2015 08:33

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/on-ni ... 452392711/

Issue#1
-------

The realm ability Augment Acuity does absolutely nothing for nightshades as it currently stands. You published the strength is our casting stat, yet augment acuity and acuity buffs do not do anything to augment strength, our 'casting stat'. Augment Acuity II is a prerequisite for Wild Arcana, so we have to put 4 Realm Ability points in a skill which does absolutely nothing. I believe nightshades are the only class in the game with this issue as this time.
Fabienne - Blademaster
Junia - Bard
Audrina - Ench
-----
Zoe - Sorc
Stella - Pala
Devon - Scout

Next

Return to Nightshade