Maximum Level Charmable Pet & Composite Light Spec

Toad
Warder

Postby Toad » Jan 09, 2018 23:55

Hi all,

I have a question about what level pet I should be able to charm based on my Light spec.

Based on information provided in this link http://salidor.proboards.com/thread/185 ... mentalists, it seems that the equation for what level pets one can charm should be as follows:

Level x .66
+
Total Light skill x .33
=
Charm limit

----------------------------

Has anyone found this to be accurate?

----------------------------

The current spec of our Mentalist is: 34 (+13) Mana, 33 Mentalism, 25 (+13) Light.

Based on the previously mentioned formula, we should be able to charm a maximum level of 45.54, which would include something like an Empyrean Elder mob (at least some of them).

We were not able to do so and in fact couldn't even successfully charm any of the grey mobs in the area.

A potential respec to 34 Mana, 31 Light, 28 Mentalism would, by that formula, only increase the charmable level to 47.52.

Can anyone shed some light on how this works? We'd love to be able to charm an Elder mob still, but would settle for being able to do greens and low blues.

Thank you in advance!

Maeloch
Guardian

Postby Maeloch » Jan 18, 2018 15:09

You should be able to charm greys with that spec. If you can't something's wrong.

The formula was okay for a rough guide but I never found it totally accurate - it overestimated the level you could hold something reliably by a level or 2.

Genedril
Warder

Postby Genedril » Jan 18, 2018 23:49

Maeloch wrote:You should be able to charm greys with that spec. If you can't something's wrong.

The formula was okay for a rough guide but I never found it totally accurate - it overestimated the level you could hold something reliably by a level or 2.

Feeling the need to scratch the itch?

Toad
Warder

Postby Toad » Jan 19, 2018 22:53

With 31 + 13 Light we've been able to safely hold a level 36 pet. It isn't quite what I hoped we'd be able to do, but it does serve its purpose as an interrupt / demezz.

Tree
Eagle Knight

Postby Tree » Jan 20, 2018 00:12

Havent you seen the 4-site thread right in this forum?

viewtopic.php?f=135&t=41073
Tree - Animist Lvl 50 (RR 3L0, Legendary Tailor)
Aeomelia - Enchanter Lvl 50
Guild: SCHWERT & ROSE (provisional guild leader)

[HIB] Crafting Mat Wholesale
Diamond, Wyvernskin, Nightshade, Eldritch etc. huge quantities below vendor price - pm me!

Toad
Warder

Postby Toad » Jan 21, 2018 04:46

I'm sorry. I missed that thread.

Anywho, for the sake of consolidation, Celeny did some testing and his results showed that maximum charm level equation is currently actual Light spec (not composite) + 5 levels.

Return to Mentalist