Light Grind or smooth sailing mana?

Cinnah
Warder

Postby Cinnah » Feb 12, 2017 00:22

So, I am almost 40. Working 60 hour weeks has made this a slow process haha. Anyways, should i stay mana spec just so its easier to level from 40 to 50? Ive heard light is the PvP spec and if they actually fixed dragons, eventually Id hopefully get my hands on a stone.
Uthgard 2.0 Caten - Hibernia Mentalist
Guinevere - Tonden Midgard Thane
Lamorak - Rammzy Midgard Mauler
Mordred - Rammzy Albion Scout

Rent
Eagle Knight

Postby Rent » Feb 12, 2017 11:43

A full respec from dragon costs atm 5-10p.

I´ve seen a few who´ve used the lvl 40 respec. Solo players without supporting by their guilds have a hard time to reach 50 in a adequate time. It is easier with Mana, but the question is how long have y to grind to buy/get the full respec. (+ your sc etc.)
<Riot Control> Albion

Rentwin (28) Sorc, Relante (32) Necro, Gwinn (9) Cleric

<Blood Feud> Hibernia - paused

Rent (50) Druid, Rentina (50) Enchanter, Ofreal (20) BM

Sappo
Guardian

Postby Sappo » Feb 13, 2017 00:26

You can solo at a dead sprint with Light. It's a bit harder with the mentalism sub required to be most useful in RvR, but you do enough damage that you fit into groups as a damage dealer fine; there may be limited room for you in mushroom parties and bomb groups, but you AOE very solidly and efficiently and do a hell of a lot of single target damage. Make some melee friends and build classic style levelling groups, where you just fit in swell.

But I've levelled since 5 as a Light, and generally found it to be a fine enough experience.

Cinnah
Warder

Postby Cinnah » Feb 13, 2017 08:36

Thanks for the replies. I think I may just go Mana for leveling. I plan on rolling with a Bard + Eldy when we don't have larger groups and I believe the Mana spec is pretty good for small groups. 5 Plat shouldn't be to hard to farm eventually either over time.

Sarrath
Warder

Postby Sarrath » Feb 16, 2017 20:24

With the Charm spell being broken, unless you are just dying to have a spec line AE and single target DD, make an Eldritch, you get one or the other AND either more utility or more DPS with Bolts and GTAE. I'm sticking with Mana til I know Charm is working, cause THAT is why you go Light, IMHO.
"I was born ready."

Sarrath - Mentalist of <Neartmhor>

Cinnah
Warder

Postby Cinnah » Feb 21, 2017 00:27

My RL friends are rolling an eldy and bard. But good to know about the pet bugs. I would reroll but its taken me SO long just to get to level 39 lol that I want to just stick it out on the menty

Kaziera
Gryphon Knight

Postby Kaziera » Apr 27, 2017 10:58

Sarrath wrote:With the Charm spell being broken, unless you are just dying to have a spec line AE and single target DD, make an Eldritch, you get one or the other AND either more utility or more DPS with Bolts and GTAE. I'm sticking with Mana til I know Charm is working, cause THAT is why you go Light, IMHO.

Nope.

You spec Light for high delve spec nuke on ench debuffed targets and demezz.

Just take a Grey pet and its fine.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk

Return to Mentalist