Pet Resists?

Tydal
Guardian

Postby Tydal » Feb 09, 2017 23:59

So I'm not new to the ment, ran an 11L7 light ment on Percival. The resists on yellow mobs to my level are ridiculous. Oj are out of the question with 45+10 light. Anyone else experiencing this? I seen a fellow light ment with a level 50 and he was 49, but he had 48 in light. It's been YEARS since I was such a low RR, so just wondering if it was this bad back then as well, I cannot remember.

Tydal

Kha
Gryphon Knight

Postby Kha » Feb 10, 2017 00:56

Yup, minstrel have the same problem.

https://uthgard.org/tracker/issue/2489/ ... 't_in_1.65

The formula is wrong.
Makes it hard for you to control an OJ pet, and makes impossible for us to control a purple pet (even with heavy spam).

For now it's a bug/NERF for both classes. Hope it will be fixed anytime soon.

But it's not the only one ... Staff decided that you can't charm Named mobs.
(even if it was fully doable on 1.65 and next patches until 1.89).
As a result, Minst & Mentalist doesn't have decent pets in DF, for example.

Tydal
Guardian

Postby Tydal » Feb 10, 2017 01:15

They removed being able to charm Named on live as well ( at least from about 2005-2010)
I do hope they fix it soon though, kinda makes two lines of mentalists broken/gimped.

Kha
Gryphon Knight

Postby Kha » Feb 10, 2017 01:33

Good luck with that.

It's 1.65 but not 1.65 enough for the 1.65 uthgard.

I remember landing a charm on a lvl 70 inquisitor in DF back in the days, with my mentalist. The charm hold for +/- 10 sec before he destroy me. It was the great times :'-)

Here you can't.

Same for Glacier Giant ... Afanc ... and many other big fun pet that was charmable in 1.65.

Could be worth to try a big post in General Topic, and ask for the fixe of this custom nerf.
But am not sure it would change a thing ...

Murmz
Myrmidon

Postby Murmz » Feb 10, 2017 10:18

That was 1.65 tbh ..

Trishin
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Trishin » Feb 10, 2017 10:18

If there was a way to dupe money in 1.65 should we introduce that as well?
Got any questions? Submit them to me and I will try to get them answered in our grab bag !
Rajnish wrote:Why didn't someone warn me that being GM means lots of boring research, logging, testing and organizing data....
I thought it was all about looking cool....

Uthgard Rules || How to connect || FAQ

Gliss
Myrmidon

Postby Gliss » Feb 10, 2017 10:38

Trishin wrote:If there was a way to dupe money in 1.65 should we introduce that as well?

Yes please for Hibs only!
Currently playing on Hib/Uthgard: (Blood Feud) 50 Druid Gliss 50, 38 Warden Glliss, 50 Ment Glisseal,

Servers: Guin(Alb), all classic servers, Ywain
Realm: Guin(Alb), Classic(all 3), Ywain(all 3)
Guilds: Guin (Honored Circle, Vilgance),Classic(?),Ywain(SLC)

Characters:
Albs- Alaxx rr5 friar, Lillie rr5 minstrel, Zewky rr5 cleric
Hibs- Gliss rr10 druid, Glisseal rr9 eld, Zewk rr9 Hero, Zewks rr7 Warden
Mids- Glisseal rr6 Shaman,Blue rr6 Skald, Blueback rr6 runemaster

Kha
Gryphon Knight

Postby Kha » Feb 10, 2017 18:52

As example, this could be a solution (sorry can't write it directly as a code, but a friend could try)

1-IF mob is in fight for 30 sec without charm : Charm impossible (Can't ruin an effort from another group to kill mob) => No abuse possible

2-IF mob was charmed but didn't regen to 100% before death : No XP, No loot, no quest credit. (Can't abuse of the charm to get mob down to 1% then release kill & loot) => No abuse possible
2Bis (reverse of 2)- IF mob was charmed not long ago but regen to 100% before fight engaged : XP & Loot & Quest credit

-IF no charm from 100% to 0% HP : Loot & XP & Credit => Already working that way..

2/3 lines of code. To put instead of the : "Not charmable" one
First determine if mob is charmable or not.
Second determine if mob 100% regen after a charm can loot.

stikynote
Warder

Postby stikynote » Feb 10, 2017 22:06

I think the charming named mobs is a question on its own and I understand the devs not wanting that to be possible. The real problem is the resist rate on charms being way too high. Myself and many other ments have experienced that we are having way too hard of a time keeping mobs charmed. I believe that the formula for mob charming is not functioning as it used to. With light at my level blue mobs often lose charm and yellows are often out of the question.

Sappo
Guardian

Postby Sappo » Feb 13, 2017 00:31

Not allowing named to be charmed is completely reasonable, but having the resist formula for charm be borked really hurts. I hope they fix that soon, it'll really suck to feel like the reason I made a light mentalist is nullified.

Kha
Gryphon Knight

Postby Kha » Feb 13, 2017 02:56

Sappo wrote:Not allowing named to be charmed is completely reasonable, but having the resist formula for charm be borked really hurts. I hope they fix that soon, it'll really suck to feel like the reason I made a light mentalist is nullified.

So far we had some changes done because it was 1.65 things. Even if not popular, like window group changes, map changes, and the class balance stay 1.65 anyway. So... Even realmbalance aren't the best one, but is 1.65 fine !!

This custom change goes against 1.65 patch and nerf 2 classes. How could it be reasonnable ?
We should just try to find solutions to prevent abuses, and delete this custom to make it 1.65 like every other class/realm balance on UTH.

Bug 2489 and 1911 are bugs and BIG nerfs aswell, but it's not a custom change made on purpose to nerf, it will be fixed eventually.

DaytonChambers
Warder

Postby DaytonChambers » Feb 14, 2017 05:01

The Named mob not being charmable discussion has completely derailed this thread. The problem of the charm spell not working correctly kind of makes the issue of charming any high level named mob a moot point since NOTHING over orange can be charmed at all due to the instability of the spell.

Issue 2041: Mentalist Charm gets resisted way too much. This problem has over 30 votes and there has been an overwhelming amount of data posted about the charm mechanics simply not working correctly.

At this point I have personally shelved my mentalist, as playing a split spec of light/mana with a pet is impossible to do with the mechanics as broken as they are.

Would LOVE to hear something, ANYTHING, about this. Because at this time, ments are pretty much reduced to gimpy one trick ponies in light, or stuck being power batteries for the fun classes :(

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » Feb 14, 2017 05:22

DaytonChambers wrote:Issue 2041: Mentalist Charm gets resisted way too much. This problem has over 30 votes and there has been an overwhelming amount of data posted about the charm mechanics simply not working correctly.

One of the biggest parts of "getting it working correctly" is recognizing and researching "how it should be". If you can collect
the data that will let us derive / identify errors in any formula that is far more helpful than 500 votes that say 'me too' without real data. Just my 2c

Juri
Eagle Knight

Postby Juri » Feb 14, 2017 05:45

There are countless replies with the correct formula, as well as well documented examples and anything you could possibly desire. What's still missing? I'm puzzled.

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » Feb 14, 2017 06:26

Juri wrote:There are countless replies with the correct formula, as well as well documented examples and anything you could possibly desire. What's still missing? I'm puzzled.

"With the correct formula" based on an internet source that has no data backed up and tons of data that refutes the claims? (Note: I havent looked, but this is often the case with formula claims)

Next

Return to Mentalist