Pet Resists?

Copro
Warder

Postby Copro » Apr 27, 2017 05:27

Any updates..........?

Bizy
Warder

Postby Bizy » Apr 27, 2017 16:45

If you haven't already, please go and upvote / comment on the issue that is tracking this problem:

issue/2041/@/Mentalist_Charm_gets_resisted_way_too_much

Atum
Myrmidon

Postby Atum » Jun 16, 2017 22:33

Heya,

any updates?

and btw another question - any changes with charming in general ? @ rvr you're using the L4 yellow charm for charming Elders&co for grp rvr right?^^ im just curious about the mana usage - w/o pots its kinda impos to recover
Atum / Talmar

Bellum Potentiae / Genesis / Bonzenverein / Morrigans Breath

DAoC
Log/Alb, Dm/Hib, Salis/Alb, Uth/Hib

WoW
Gorgonnash/Horde

munchies
Myrmidon

Postby munchies » Jun 27, 2017 22:59

Atum wrote:Heya,

any updates?

and btw another question - any changes with charming in general ? @ rvr you're using the L4 yellow charm for charming Elders&co for grp rvr right?^^ im just curious about the mana usage - w/o pots its kinda impos to recover

The Charm depends on the mob type (humanoid, animal etc). For elders i use blue charm. I rarely even use higher charm then blue, it costs just too much mana. Mostly i prefer humanoids (gray charm) or animals/elders (blue 24 charm)

Tree
Eagle Knight

Postby Tree » Jul 06, 2017 05:31

Any progress on this? Certainly it cant take forever if it only takes a change in the formula? The bugtracker has all the infos by now. :grin:
Tree - Animist Lvl 50 (RR 3L0, Legendary Tailor)
Aeomelia - Enchanter Lvl 50
Guild: SCHWERT & ROSE (provisional guild leader)

[HIB] Crafting Mat Wholesale
Diamond, Wyvernskin, Nightshade, Eldritch etc. huge quantities below vendor price - pm me!

Kha
Gryphon Knight

Postby Kha » Jul 06, 2017 09:58

Tree wrote:Any progress on this? Certainly it cant take forever if it only takes a change in the formula? The bugtracker has all the infos by now. :grin:

I get/share the feeling.
However, to be fair it's not as easy as it sounds.
Formula has to be rebuilt.

The good point tho, Mentalist & Minstrels have the same resist rate.
The test campaign on Pendragon clearly shows it. It's the same formula for both classes.
For example (wrong numbers on purpose) 50+0 = 32% resist on lvl 52 mob for both classes.

So if they manage to code it for one class (minst or mentalist) it's just a copy past of the formula to the other class.

We'll both be happy at some point, and at the same time :wink:

Tree
Eagle Knight

Postby Tree » Jul 07, 2017 02:21

But arent Minstrels running around with red pets already while Mentalists can be happy if they manage an yellow one?

Diamond, Wyvernskin, Nightshade, Eldritch etc. huge quantities below vendor price - pm me!

Kha
Gryphon Knight

Postby Kha » Jul 07, 2017 11:08

Same formula, Same resist rate, Same level table.
Same spell with TWO differences :
One is instant (spamable if resist too much) other is not.
One class spec 50 instrument, the other class doesn't always go 50 light. Some of them even use lvl 24 spell for power purpose.

But you already know that.

Blue
Developer
Developer

Postby Blue » Jul 07, 2017 11:49

For some reason we use a different formula for Mentalists. Genjiro is on it to fix charm behavior. Getting test results and evaluating them takes time.
It's done when it's done. Thanks for your patience.
Every bug gets fixed. Sooner or later.

"It is an inescapable law of nature that the amount of satisfaction one gains from achieving something
is related to how hard it is and easy things can only elicit a fleeting superficial sort of pleasure."

Blue says, "you used macro tools or macro keyboard"
Pala says, "i am disabled. and i have a mechanic left hand that can be programed. its hard to play woith one hand"

[Appeal] Bxxxxxxxx: "why is RA first aid cann man i stealth use and not unstealth cann man ra if man use unstealth ?????????"
BannedUser: "i was not using automate game action my hand was fall on keyboard during i was sleep .... i was completly fall on keyboard ..."

Kha
Gryphon Knight

Postby Kha » Jul 07, 2017 12:01

Blue wrote:For some reason we use a different formula for Mentalists. Genjiro is on it to fix charm behavior. Getting test results and evaluating them takes time.

Thanks for update Blue.
The resist rates are the same from the tests we did, why a different formula ?
To tone up mentalists a bit ? (couldn't hurt but am curious).

Tree
Eagle Knight

Postby Tree » Jul 07, 2017 13:05

Well shouldnt both have the same formula that was posted several times?

I mean minstrels are stronger charmers because of the instant mechanic, but apart from that both spells should yield the same results. A fully skilled, equiped and high RR Mentalist should have no problem with red pets, but now even yellow is a challenge. Not to mention low skilled levelling mentalist that can barely hold anything. :-)

Tree
Eagle Knight

Postby Tree » Nov 22, 2017 15:13

Any progress on the issue? :wink:

DaytonChambers
Warder

Postby DaytonChambers » Dec 16, 2017 23:13

Blue wrote:For some reason we use a different formula for Mentalists. Genjiro is on it to fix charm behavior. Getting test results and evaluating them takes time.

You could say that again. 1.5 years and counting :roll:

Satiah
Eagle Knight

Postby Satiah » Jan 20, 2018 17:33

Any progress on this issue?
Satiah | Tuthmes | Dendera | Khufu | Nefertete | Dahshur | Nebetah | Neterbaiu

Kha
Gryphon Knight

Postby Kha » Jan 21, 2018 21:37

Same progression as 1 year ago, they have all data needed.
But it seems hard to code unfortunately.

PreviousNext

Return to Mentalist