Pet Resists?

Celeny
Warder

Postby Celeny » Feb 06, 2018 16:29

I posted the correct formula in code on one of the tickets and everyone ignored it, it's correct as wwas stated in an old update post they showed their formula. I need to dig it up if you are so desperate for me to prove it.

Celeny
Warder

Postby Celeny » Feb 06, 2018 16:31

if (Caster is GamePlayer)
{
// base resists for all charm spells
int resistChance = 100 - (85 + ((Caster.Level - target.Level) / 2));

if (this.Spell.Pulse != 0) // not permanent
{

/*
* The Minstrel/Mentalist has an almost certain chance to charm/retain control of
* a creature his level or lower, although there is a small random chance that it
* could fail. The higher the level of the charmed creature compared to the
* Minstrel/Mentalist, the greater the chance the monster has of breaking the charm.
* Please note that your specialization level in the magic skill that contains the
* charm spell will modify your base chance of charming and retaining control.
* The higher your spec level, the greater your chance of controlling.
*/

int diffLevel = (int)(Caster.Level / 1.5 + Caster.GetModifiedSpecLevel(m_spellLine.Spec) / 3) - target.Level;

if (diffLevel >= 0)
{

resistChance = 10 - diffLevel * 3;
resistChance = Math.Max(resistChance, 1);
}
else
{

resistChance = 10 + diffLevel * diffLevel * 3;
resistChance = Math.Min(resistChance, 99);
}

}

if (Util.Chance(resistChance))
{

MessageToCaster(target.GetName(0, true) + " resists the charm!", eChatType.CT_SpellResisted);
return;
}
}

pweet
Lion Knight

Postby pweet » Feb 06, 2018 17:11

You copied DOL code. This is not a mythic statement.
https://github.com/Dawn-of-Light/DOLSha ... Handler.cs

Line 296-337

Celeny
Warder

Postby Celeny » Feb 06, 2018 17:24

pweet wrote:You copied DOL code. This is not a mythic statement.
https://github.com/Dawn-of-Light/DOLSha ... Handler.cs

Line 296-337

It is a statement by Mythic - that is why DOL has it, I even say it's DOL code when I originally posted it. You can also do the math with what it comes out with and it is approximately what a minstrel has on Uthgard :)

One moment I am trying to dig through archives to find the 'explained' version of the formula in a patch... It's not easy to find honestly. But in words they explain the derived formula back in... I wanna say 1.62? I'm trying to find it :P

We have determined 99% is the max resist rate through a billion tests on live, this is known, pretty much that formula adds all the concepts we know to be as true as anyone can remember. But I can tell you even if it isn't perfect it is WAY closer to the original, with the original still likely allowing a higher charm rate.

I know this is incredibly hard to reverse engineer hence the reason this issue is years old.

Genjiro
Developer
Developer

Postby Genjiro » Feb 06, 2018 17:52

Should be easy to try this formula to match the tested/logged resist chance values to confirm its true value.
Any excel/gdoc table wizards nearby?
News || Getting Started || Rules || Issue Tracker
Coloured text represents my personal opinion and is not associated with Uthgard Staff nor is it an official statement.

Celeny
Warder

Postby Celeny » Feb 06, 2018 18:06

Genjiro wrote:Should be easy to try this formula to match the tested/logged resist chance values to confirm its true value.
Any excel/gdoc table wizards nearby?

Yep shouldn't be too hard and I think from 5-6 rough test calculations I did, if my values extrapolate correctly, it is quite accurate.

pweet
Lion Knight

Postby pweet » Feb 06, 2018 20:51

I did a comparison. The formula predicts the 99% cap worngly for each pendragon test for lvl50+ when ever there is a 99% cap tested by one level. (was just done for 3 cases unfortunatly)
In other cases its most often off by ca 15%, but can also predict some resist rates accuratly. But inconsistend i would call it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

If that formula is better than Uthgards own, well Devs can judge.

Celeny
Warder

Postby Celeny » Feb 07, 2018 19:38

pweet wrote:I did a comparison. The formula predicts the 99% cap worngly for each pendragon test for lvl50+ when ever there is a 99% cap tested by one level. (was just done for 3 cases unfortunatly)
In other cases its most often off by ca 15%, but can also predict some resist rates accuratly. But inconsistend i would call it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

If that formula is better than Uthgards own, well Devs can judge.

Uthgards Mentalist charming isn't really a formula atm from what I can tell :P. Or is a very basic one at best.

pweet
Lion Knight

Postby pweet » Feb 08, 2018 16:52

There is no way to find out if Menta charm used a different formula before 1.114b
There it is at least mentioned that it behaves from that moment on like the minstrel one (eg. is instant and hence also spamable)
http://darkageofcamelot.com/article/pat ... -pendragon
The Mentalist charm spells now appear in a new “Light Magic” list on the character Spells sheet. The charm spells should now behave identically to the Minstrel versions in regards to resists and Line of Sight checks. Illusions specialization level will still control the effectiveness of these spells.

So there is no value in remaking the tests for mentalists on pendragon as far as i can see it.

Jerrian
Phoenix Knight

Postby Jerrian » Apr 11, 2018 09:14

Considering to create a light menta, is the charm problem solved already or in the current works?

munchies
Myrmidon

Postby munchies » Apr 13, 2018 11:32

You can charm pets, just the formula is broken. Level 50 mentalist with 46 in light can charm up to level 51 pets. RR doesnt affect charming with the formula that is implemented at the moment

Celeny
Warder

Postby Celeny » Apr 18, 2018 22:54

Please please please look into this!

Tree
Eagle Knight

Postby Tree » Jun 10, 2018 10:17

:hammer: :hammer: :lol:
Tree - Animist Lvl 50 (RR 3L0, Legendary Tailor)
Aeomelia - Enchanter Lvl 50
Guild: SCHWERT & ROSE (provisional guild leader)

[HIB] Crafting Mat Wholesale
Diamond, Wyvernskin, Nightshade, Eldritch etc. huge quantities below vendor price - pm me!

pweet
Lion Knight

Postby pweet » Jun 10, 2018 11:50

munchies wrote:You can charm pets, just the formula is broken. Level 50 mentalist with 46 in light can charm up to level 51 pets. RR doesnt affect charming with the formula that is implemented at the moment

it does influence on uthgard.

Previous

Return to Mentalist