What is a mentalist's role on Uthgard?

Zabulius77
Myrmidon

Postby Zabulius77 » Dec 19, 2016 05:19

Been toying around with 46 mana 28 mentalism spec. Has some decent utility and is good in PvE for mana regen and heals. I just don't see a mentalist's value in RvR that other classes couldn't do better. Any advice or input?

HoT
Mana regen buff
AoE DoT (do you even want to use this in most RvR other than zerging or keep takes?)
2 single target DoTs
Single target heals
De-mez
Single target mez

isocleas2
Gryphon Knight

Postby isocleas2 » Dec 19, 2016 05:38

Light Mentalist have the strongest heat nuke on hib so in debuff groups they can really put a hurt on someone. The also have demezz, a good single target mezz, and a high lvl pet for interrupting. If a group runs 3+ casters a mentalist is always a solid choice.

Kha
Gryphon Knight

Postby Kha » Dec 19, 2016 11:46

isocleas2 wrote:and a high lvl pet for interrupting..

Yeah well ...

They can't charm big pets, because of this :
https://uthgard.org/tracker/issue/2489/ ... 't_in_1.65

They can't use pet commands properly (except attack it seems) :
https://uthgard.org/tracker/issue/2779/ ... _activated

They can't use release from time to times. :
https://uthgard.org/tracker/issue/1911/ ... ill_broken

And ... all the Emain interesting pets capacity are bugged.
Mindworm cast stun (not instant as it shoumld be) 4 sec duration (instead of 9)
Far darocha cast mezz (not instant) and no dual wield
etc etc.

So for now, every advice that have the word "PET" in it is a lie.
You'll painfully keep a yellow pet under-control, and will hope for no resist each time you cast something, otherwise the ''for interrupting'' part will be against you only.

imamizer
Gryphon Knight

Postby imamizer » Dec 19, 2016 11:51

Zabulius77 wrote:HoT

Useless for RvR
Zabulius77 wrote:Mana regen buff

You can't relly on that. With or without you, every caster/support needs serenity+MCL and pots.
Zabulius77 wrote:AoE DoT (do you even want to use this in most RvR other than zerging or keep takes?)
2 single target DoTs

The aoe dot can't kill anyone with template. No need to give them cc immunity just to tickle.
Zabulius77 wrote:Single target mez

You shouldn't mez while there is a bard in group. Especially with that spec since you only have the level 23 one.
Zabulius77 wrote:Single target heals
De-mez

Yes. Demez is your most important job and you should always prioritize the bard since you are the only one in group who can demez him. That can put you in a bad positioning and you can be killed easily. That's why a second bard works better than a menta unless it's a pure caster group. Heals? You never should spam heals. Esp in a group with with two druids and a warden. Maybe when one of your druids is dead or both being assisted. Level 25 major heal is strong enough for it. Besides that, menta hits hard :-P They are really good with caster assist groups and pet clear (ranged aoe nuke vs theu pets). So forget mana spec and go for something like 45 light - 28 menta - 10 mana. Light menta is one of most fun classes to play in group.

Bubbler
Gryphon Knight

Postby Bubbler » Dec 20, 2016 17:53

Does this class have any worth while roles in small man?

From the comments above, it seems in a caster group, the menta is a great addition but nothing else. Is that really the only option they have at this patch level?
<Blood Feud>
Druid - Bubbler
Hero - Cramit
Enchanter - Rounder
Bard - Melody
BladeMaster - Crunch
Mentalist - Dottie

pweet
Lion Knight

Postby pweet » Dec 20, 2016 17:58

Menta is only good in caster heavy groups. If it comes to 8v8 i dont see that coming. Mana is too much of an issue on Uthgard, they will run out of mana before beeing able to finish the fight if there are some heals thrown by healers or clerics.
So i d say it will be a pve role mainly. so mana menta hot and pom bot, or zerg than classes dont matter anyway :D

Roxxor
Gryphon Knight

Postby Roxxor » Dec 22, 2016 13:55

thats not true. OFC every caster runs out of mana while fighting, but with potions and RA you are very good to go!
And Menta is even in a Hybrid-group the best choice as enchassist.
Danke Uthgard für 10 Jahre
Sent: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:01 am
To: Roxxor

If you arent having fun just stop posting. No need to ****** post on the forum. Go outside and enjoy the sunshine.
------------------
I am posting here because i have no fun and tried to rescue Uthgard.
Finally i did it like half of staff, i gave up...

Koleriker
Eagle Knight

Postby Koleriker » Dec 22, 2016 14:00

Roxxor wrote:thats not true. OFC every caster runs out of mana while fighting, but with potions and RA you are very good to go!
And Menta is even in a Hybrid-group the best choice as enchassist.

eld will be preferred to menta as assist nuker.

IRC: 09.01.2013(15:16:36) Dotto: we zerg if other realm zerg in rvr,, we never start zerg thats all!

Roxxor
Gryphon Knight

Postby Roxxor » Dec 22, 2016 14:16

Depends hardly on group.
Is there a 2nd Bard? No? Then Menta.

And Menta is the strongest dmgcaster in Game, so as Enchassist is still the Menta the better coice, just in my opinion. :)
Ofc Eld is even a great class, but i prefer still (light) Menta as Enchassist.
Danke Uthgard für 10 Jahre
Sent: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:01 am
To: Roxxor

If you arent having fun just stop posting. No need to ****** post on the forum. Go outside and enjoy the sunshine.
------------------
I am posting here because i have no fun and tried to rescue Uthgard.
Finally i did it like half of staff, i gave up...

Pompernick
Warder

Postby Pompernick » Jan 06, 2017 16:17

If you RvR you will go light/mental spec. Your role would be to blow people up,demez,mez non det players/pets and control your pet. There is a blue con mob in breifine that heals a fck ton also. A simple class that can put a huge hurt on players with an enchanter.

Hittings
Warder

Postby Hittings » Feb 10, 2017 01:43

AE dot large fights and get the rps. solo or small group you can put 3 dots on people.

imamizer
Gryphon Knight

Postby imamizer » Feb 10, 2017 14:16

Hittings wrote: you can put 3 dots on people.

Are you sure? Two spec dots don't stack.

Return to Mentalist