BMs doing more damage than LW Heros right now?

Vitticus
Myrmidon

Postby Vitticus » Apr 01, 2017 01:36

Hey guys. I've played up to 5L0 so far on my Hero and it's looking like Blademasters are doing more damage than Heros. Of course I'm finding myself run with higher ranked BMs, but they go for Prevent Flight while I go for the passives. Whenever we split on casters, it takes me 4 slow hits to solo my caster while it takes 4 quick hits for my BM friend to finish his.

I'm definitely going keep a look out to see if this view changes.

The current flavor of the month during NA prime time right now is running warden damage add and having the three BMs shred everything apart with their fast attack speed.

Makish
Gryphon Knight

Postby Makish » Apr 01, 2017 10:57

aaaand u seem suprised why exactly?
Ololofeld - BD - Lyo/Mid

succi
Warder

Postby succi » Apr 01, 2017 13:16

blademaster have two weapons and hero has one so this makes perfect sense to me

Vitticus
Myrmidon

Postby Vitticus » Apr 01, 2017 21:46

Yeah, it's really dumb. I completely forgot about this when Live came.

Just about everything that a Hero does, a Blademaster can do better. The only thing that a Hero does better is tanking purple guards.

I remember in beta I was thinking that the group would need 1 Hero in case action was dead and we had to take a keep in order to build action. Now that everyone is 50 and RvRing now, I'm finding that you don't have to take keeps to build action. There is plenty of action out there.

It's hindsight now, but I wanted to put this post up for people rerolling tanks and deciding between Hero and Blademaster.

Sakimoto
Myrmidon

Postby Sakimoto » Apr 02, 2017 05:58

Yes, this has been said already but this is absolutely normal. It is the game design intent for light tanks to outdps pure tank classes.

So if specced properly, you likely won't ever outdps a BM. Your classes "thing" is tanking hard targets, something a BM will never do as well as you.. In terms of raw dps it should be:

1. Cloth DPS casters
2. Light Tanks
>>You would be in below here somewhere<<

Vitticus
Myrmidon

Postby Vitticus » Apr 13, 2017 20:05

The damage has been ridiculous lately. I just hit 5L4, picked up mastery of arms 2 and an MP sword. That and we have 3 strength relics. Me and my BM friend can drop a Vendoed Berserker to low hp in 1-2 swings. I'm hitting for about 480 max non-crit. The BM is hitting for about 350 with both hands but at a faster speed than me. Would you guys say that our damage evens out?

Return to Hero