Spec Variant Discussion

Heskey
Warder

Postby Heskey » Mar 12, 2017 22:43

Hey guys,

So I just randomly asked 5 level 50 Heroes what their spec was out of interest, and every one was different. Given the variety of advice on the forum, but the clear favourite spec of 50 LW / 42 Shield / 38 CS / 10 Blades / 4 Parry, I'd be interested to see people's thoughts on the variants I've heard, below:

• 50 LW / 42 Shield / 38 CS / 10 Blades / 4 Parry
  • 50 LW / 50 Shield / 28 Parry / 6 CS
  • 50 LW / 42 Shield / 39 Blades / 6 CS / 2 Parry
  • 50 LW / 42 Shield / 34 Blades / 20 Parry

And other variants inter-switching LW with CS.
"We accept only optimal classes into XP groups then wonder at 50 why we have a realm full of meta." - Random Player

Vitticus
Myrmidon

Postby Vitticus » Mar 20, 2017 22:22

I'm using the subpar spec 50 LW / 42 Shield / 39 Blades / 6 CS / 2 Parry

This spec limits my role to being on an assist train with a Blademaster or a Spear Hero since I don't have a spammable snare to ride targets with (actually I do, but it won't kill anything - only 6 CS). Feels bad man everytime I get diseased and my target gets away and start making game winning plays (yes, that loss was on you) :cry:

I would like to switch to the first spec listed: 50 LW / 42 Shield / 38 CS / 10 Blades / 4 Parry. It would definitely make me a lot more versatile and usable in all group comps while still maintaining the same level of dps. The only thing I'm losing is the 39 blades I used to hold aggro with on diamond mobs and relic keep guards. I wouldn't recommend this for new heros since it's nice to have the 39 blades when leveling up.

Kaziera
Gryphon Knight

Postby Kaziera » Mar 25, 2017 16:58

if you manage to switch from shield to LW/spear and back in between mob swings, you dont need blades for pve at all ;)

Kaziera
Gryphon Knight

Postby Kaziera » Mar 25, 2017 17:01

still you forgot the OP 50 spear 50 shield 26 parry 10 blades ;)

taylorgang
Myrmidon

Postby taylorgang » Mar 25, 2017 18:44

50 LW, 50 Shield, 26 parry, 10 blades, rest spear..

Don't need more than 10 in blades ever if you are going to rvr. And in pve if you have a problem you should learn how to shield switch. Which means hit only with your 2hander and switch to shield right after to block.
Uthgard 1.0:
Taylorgang - Hero

Genesis:
Elf- Hero
Kurbsen - Bard

Uthgard 2.0:
Kiluk - Bard
Jerk - NS

Vitticus
Myrmidon

Postby Vitticus » Apr 04, 2017 23:17

Shield / LW swapping is limited to tank mezz groups where you only have to tank 1-2 mobs.

In 4 bomb, 1 hero comps, the fastest LW is still troublesome at holding aggro, but still doable against 3+ mobs. The Pbaers just have to wait a little longer especially if you whiff a couple times on purples.

Vitticus
Myrmidon

Postby Vitticus » Apr 21, 2017 19:15

I been trying the 50 LW / 42 Shield / 38 CS / 10 Blades / 4 Parry spec for a month now. It's amazing. What I love about it is that it is the most universal spec for Heros. Something that we all know about this game is that nothing is forever. You're not going to be playing the same comp, same players, and same roles all the time. If you want to keep yourself versatile to fit in any group comp, this is the spec.

Assist Role: You can swap between thrust or crush depending on what type of targets your team likes to go for. And if you happen to be on an assist train with players without a snare (ie. 2 LW heros), you can be the snarebot.

Floater Role: As a floater, you're just going to pick out a caster, healer, or shaman, and just harass / kill. The thrust / snare is incredible for this. I couldn't tell you if 50 spear is better or the same, but I am still able to put up a ton of pressure by myself on a healer even with just 38+10 spear.

Peeler Role: There will be times when another hero won't want to peel and tell the group, "I can't peel. I don't have rear snare." So then they will put me on peel duty. I could probably guard better with 50 shield. I guess if all I did my entire career was peel, I would do 50 shield.

Pushing on Alb groups: That back snare style is great for hindering the Albion extend. There is 1 theurgist on this server that is really hard to get to though. Again, I couldn't tell you if 50 spear is better or the same.

Izzt
Myrmidon

Postby Izzt » Apr 24, 2017 20:20

Did someone tested the how much better is 50 Shield instead of 42 ?

Better Stun ? becouse of more weaponskill from shield ?

better block enemys Stund becouse of better weaponskill in shield ^^ ??

Rayvn199
Guardian

Postby Rayvn199 » Aug 24, 2017 05:44

Ok something I would like to know... I've seen Hero players do the whole, swap from LW or Spear to shield with every swing, and I am curious how to pull that off.
Do you just move your weapon swapping keys to something easier to reach and get good with the timeing?
Or is it something where some fancy qbind macros help with this whole thing.

Wanted to drop my blades spec to 10 and go 50LW 38CS 42 Shield 10 blades rest in parry. Curious how the pro's pull this move off.

Requin
Eagle Knight

Postby Requin » Aug 24, 2017 08:56

Nothing fancy, you can equip 2 weapons and put them each on your quick bar. (not including short bow)
Then the non-equipped spear/LW to your bag slot.

You only have to switch 1 item (2-hand slot) its not hard, rogue classes switch up to 10 different weapons in 1 fight!
Reminder to Self: Quality over Quantity, what is the Value here?

Ridifool
Myrmidon

Postby Ridifool » Jul 18, 2018 16:36

You can set keys for Nain-hand/2 hand and ranged slots under keyboard. ie: 'b' is Righthand slot (and this also puts shield in left) 'n' for the large-weapon equip and ',' is the ranged weapon slot. So to pull, i hit 3x ','s (equip bow, draw and fire) then 'n' for the large-weapon equip. then a suitable LW style as the target gets to melee range, finally i hit 'b' to switch to sword+board and a Blades style from hotbar to enter combat with that equipment. depending on how fast the attacks are, I can switch weapons between attacks using 'b' and 'n.'
Nightshade, Blademaster, Bard, Mentalist

Return to Hero