Lets talk heroes - Spec, RAs, etc

echos
Warder

Postby echos » Jan 01, 2017 23:35

Hey all so I plan on playing uthgard and a hero on launch. I just wanted to start talking a few things about them before we finally are able to play again.

What spec would you guys recommend leveling up?
I was thinking it would be best to level as blades/shield and respec at 40 to start going for final spec.

What spec would you guys recommend for solo/small man/8man?
Ive seen a lot of debate between going 42 shield and 50 shield. I was just wondering what specs you guys think work for players interested in these areas?

What RA path would you recommend taking for solo/small man/8man?
I would think every hero in 8man would max det first, but where to go from there?
What if are solo? Do you still think det is worth?

How much damage are you losing if you go sylvan over firbolg?
I know firbolg is the best race, but how much are you losing out on by going sylvan? They have more strength than celt, but how much will you be missing that extra 20 strength?

Thats all I have for now, hope to hear from others soon!

Damsjp
Warder

Postby Damsjp » Jan 03, 2017 01:08

echos wrote:Hey all so I plan on playing uthgard and a hero on launch. I just wanted to start talking a few things about them before we finally are able to play again.
What spec would you guys recommend leveling up?
I was thinking it would be best to level as blades/shield and respec at 40 to start going for final spec.

Yes. Or go with some LW or CS aswell but you need switch to shield between your swing once you get aggro
echos wrote:What spec would you guys recommend for solo/small man/8man?
Ive seen a lot of debate between going 42 shield and 50 shield. I was just wondering what specs you guys think work for players interested in these areas?

You cannot have a spe which is the best for all of these playstyle.
As you say it's an eternal debate anyway.
50 CS you have the best damage for your snare.
50 LW Annihilation, best damage style for hero.
50 shield best guard/brutalize.
I think the only thing everyone agree is to have 10 blade for the side snare.
My opinion :
Regarding your demand, maybe something who can do everything could be :
- 50 LW/42 Shield/ 38 CS/ 10 blade / 4 Parry...
But could it be the best ? I am not convince... To want to do everything, you not good in anything. I am still interest by this one, it can be interesting after some rank, less variance in your snare CS. Not best for solo.
- 50 LW / 50 Shield / 6 CS / 10 Blade / 26 Parry...
Either way I don't like 6 CS, this is after all the main skill. You need to accept that you snare damage is non-existent. Advantage is that this is probably the best for solo, between these 3 spec.
- 50 CS / 50 Shield / 10 Blade / 26 Parry...
You loose LW Annihilation. I go for this in a first place then... I might change in the futur to 44 CS and up Parry or even go for 50 LW if I get bored.
echos wrote:What RA path would you recommend taking for solo/small man/8man?
I would think every hero in 8man would max det first, but where to go from there?
What if are solo? Do you still think det is worth?

You can keep your RA like it is for groupe/small man/solo.
at 4L0, a good base :
det 5 - lw 2 - purge

After it's up to you...
Because it's old ra I would suggest not go after "Augmented 3" (except determination).
Augmented Dext 2 to open :
MOB 1-3
MOP 1-3
Tireless 1 if you think it's worth it.
LW 3 ? if you are always ooe and pots end are not enought.
ect... I would suggest some passive RA to up your stats.
If you focus solo/smallman you can go for IP when you are bit high rank... + your Master of the Hunt you have equivalent 2 ih.
Don't expect much soloing at the beginning with a class without speed 6.
echos wrote:How much damage are you losing if you go sylvan over firbolg?
I know firbolg is the best race, but how much are you losing out on by going sylvan? They have more strength than celt, but how much will you be missing that extra 20 strength ?

Sylvan is the worst race for Hero (point in intelligence, useless).
I would go for first choice Firbolg, second choice Celt. The Celt looses 30 STR which equivalent to Augmented STR 5.
+10 STR/DEX/QUI or +15 STR/10 QUI (if you go for damage, but in this case only Firbolg...).
It's difficult to give you a number for the damage difference between Sylvan/Firbolg.
I would not say it's huge ... especially for 20 STR but even then I would not go for it.
People might not take you seriously plus you might regret when you become higher rank (to not optimize your char).
echos wrote:Thats all I have for now, hope to hear from others soon!

I link you little video on youtube... could remember you some basics..Here
Last edited by Damsjp on Jan 17, 2017 19:45, edited 1 time in total.
Twitch Damsjp Uth 2.0
Tydowen | Paladin | Uth 1.0
Dralek | Hero | Genesis

Der_Eisbaer
Eagle Knight

Postby Der_Eisbaer » Jan 04, 2017 11:47

I prefer:

Firbolg for the better defense penetration due to the strength;

Shield 50 for max guard;

LW 50 for max dmg;

CS 6 for back snare (I neglect dmg on that one);

Blades 10 for side snare;

Rest parry for the lulz;

First RAs Purge / LW 2 / Det 5 for everything but 100% pure solo play (requires 4L0);

Next RAs MoB 4 for guard

Should you have followd this suggestion until here you will be 6L4. What follows then I do not know as I never went that far. :)

Dranith
Warder

Postby Dranith » Jan 11, 2017 17:49

What about Avoidance of Magic? On paper a 15% reduction to all magic resists sounds pretty good.

How useful would this be after det/purge have been taken?
Dranith - Member of Ordo Veritas
www.legend-gaming.net

Evinac
Gryphon Knight

Postby Evinac » Jan 11, 2017 20:28

After Det5, Purge & LW1 or 2, it becomes a matter of personal preference and playstyle. Some go for IP, some go for passives. I'm considering AoM as well, but only lvl 2 for now - no point in playing paper daoc past rr5 since the game is actually out now. :D

I'd take MoPain 2 and aug str 2 first b4 AoM2 tho. (aug dex 2 is needed for MoPain 2)

Can't comment on solo RA's for heroes.
Evinak - Eldritch
Evinac - Hero
<Blazed>

Kaziera
Gryphon Knight

Postby Kaziera » Jan 24, 2017 19:29

You take bolg for better defense penetration but only 10 in blades?

Return to Hero