Postby Feuille » Jun 08, 2016 19:29

Sylvan !!!

Seolan
Warder

Postby Seolan » Jun 08, 2016 19:36

barto22 wrote:I'd go firb
->
42 shield, 50 LW, 39 CS. 6 Blades

Thats some nice damage with 3 dmg types. And decent defence. I'd say a good offence is a good defence. What ya gonna do.. block them to death? :lol:

19Blades/34 Parry/50LW/6CS/42Shield - All three damage types

*Edit, you cant hit in PvE or RvR with low weap skill, it just wont land.*
Last edited by Seolan on Jun 08, 2016 19:43, edited 1 time in total.

Seolan
Warder

Postby Seolan » Jun 08, 2016 19:42

Bubbler wrote:I did Firbolg although this is my first hero and only second melee in DAoC. My first melee was my first char and it only made it to lvl 12 or so. So basically a melee newb here.

However, one question, how does threat work? Is it damage based or is it purely based off of threat abilities?

Obviously that doesn't matter much in rvr but pve is at least 25-50% of the game.

Threat is.... anger.(in PvE)

You hit someone? They BLOCK you... *le gasp* - angry at them!
You hit someone? They EVADE you?... *le gasp* - angry at them!
etc.

You hit someone harder then everyone else? -Anger is directed at you.

You use a Taunt style to up the aggro? Think of it as...punching someone in the face and then disrespecting thier family/friends/spouse/etc. Almost as if you hit them twice, no?

The ACTUAL threat/aggro calculations are nowhere to be found though, so I cant give you maths.

barto22
Phoenix Knight

Postby barto22 » Jun 08, 2016 20:17

Seolan wrote:
barto22 wrote:I'd go firb
->
42 shield, 50 LW, 39 CS. 6 Blades

Thats some nice damage with 3 dmg types. And decent defence. I'd say a good offence is a good defence. What ya gonna do.. block them to death? :lol:

19Blades/34 Parry/50LW/6CS/42Shield - All three damage types

*Edit, you cant hit in PvE or RvR with low weap skill, it just wont land.*

Not sure about this spec ^ -- seems like a big waste of points. Where is the low wep skill in my build?
My mind’s made up, don’t confuse me with facts.
You mustn't assume that your personal situation is a reflection of every other person that has logged in to Uthgard.

ntc
Myrmidon

Postby ntc » Jun 15, 2016 19:07

has anyone confirmed how slam hit percentage is determined on the server?

I was told by someone shield has its on weaponskill, therefore points is slash do not matter

however I always thought slash weaponskill determines your +hit on slam, therefore 39 slash is the proper spec, given you never want to miss slam
Rune - Ntce
Arms - Ntco
Cab - Magas

Old AE Vids

(Percival) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGLd2U4tEJE
(Percival) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e45zPBzc9_0
(Gareth) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4eC1K4o1bM

dabri0n
Gryphon Knight

Postby dabri0n » Jun 15, 2016 19:20

Shield has a separate WS based on dex (and shield spec, in case that is not obvious).
uwu ~ orz
https://tinyurl.com/y75vcqqm

barto22
Phoenix Knight

Postby barto22 » Jun 15, 2016 20:31

6 blades is enough. its not like spending any more you are going to do anywhere near enough damage to be classed as a dps with s/s.. That's why i'd spend the points more wisely in 50 LW and 39 CS.
You mustn't assume that your personal situation is a reflection of every other person that has logged in to Uthgard.

dabri0n
Gryphon Knight

Postby dabri0n » Jun 15, 2016 20:39

10 blades is a side snare
uwu ~ orz
https://tinyurl.com/y75vcqqm

Nef Melody
Phoenix Knight

Postby Nef Melody » Jun 15, 2016 23:15

50LW 50Shield 6CS 10Blades rest parry for RvR. For PvE go for more 1h
Nefcait : Bard
Gua : Enchanter
My Youtube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/ReqVids/videos

imamizer
Gryphon Knight

Postby imamizer » Jun 16, 2016 01:09

Don't you need 38 composite 1h for lw? Or was it just for alb?

Makish
Gryphon Knight

Postby Makish » Jun 16, 2016 01:18

thats just a alb thing, mid/hib just specc their preffered 2h style
Ololofeld - BD - Lyo/Mid

ntc
Myrmidon

Postby ntc » Jun 16, 2016 01:40

yea I dont like this whole spear build

blades is a 14 sec side snare, spear is 20, but on the third style in the chain, makes no sense to me

if you are behind a target you are annihilating, and tbh, doing a few annihilations is going to cause more probs to a group than a 20 sec snare after two styles. healers will be forced to turn there attention to that target. heros hit hard, if you are peeling a zerker or savage, and get them to low hp, it may cause them to turn/loop back or switch intended targets

you are also switching weapons, which has a chance to delay your styles, miss, and will require a weapon switch which makes you look at your bags and not panning the fight

to me the 14 sec snare is plenty if you really need to snare someone, otherwise i would rather dps to cause healers to stop interrupting, rebuffing and any other utility spells. to me that is more important. good dps is a healer interrupt when you think about it.

if shield in fact has its own weapons skill, the spec is still 50 lw, shield I will have to take a closer look at, I also dont want to miss a blades style due to 10 skill, may just stick with traditional 42 shield, unless I see a significant +hit chance for shield at 50, the worst thing you can do is miss
Rune - Ntce
Arms - Ntco
Cab - Magas

Old AE Vids

(Percival) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGLd2U4tEJE
(Percival) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e45zPBzc9_0
(Gareth) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4eC1K4o1bM

Feuille
Gryphon Knight

Postby Feuille » Jun 16, 2016 07:50

More in shied = more (hidden) weapon skill = less miss

barto22
Phoenix Knight

Postby barto22 » Jun 16, 2016 10:10

ntc wrote:yea I dont like this whole spear build

blades is a 14 sec side snare, spear is 20, but on the third style in the chain, makes no sense to me

if you are behind a target you are annihilating, and tbh, doing a few annihilations is going to cause more probs to a group than a 20 sec snare after two styles. healers will be forced to turn there attention to that target. heros hit hard, if you are peeling a zerker or savage, and get them to low hp, it may cause them to turn/loop back or switch intended targets

you are also switching weapons, which has a chance to delay your styles, miss, and will require a weapon switch which makes you look at your bags and not panning the fight

to me the 14 sec snare is plenty if you really need to snare someone, otherwise i would rather dps to cause healers to stop interrupting, rebuffing and any other utility spells. to me that is more important. good dps is a healer interrupt when you think about it.

if shield in fact has its own weapons skill, the spec is still 50 lw, shield I will have to take a closer look at, I also dont want to miss a blades style due to 10 skill, may just stick with traditional 42 shield, unless I see a significant +hit chance for shield at 50, the worst thing you can do is miss

This is wrong. IMO of course. You are thinking about being a dps when you say you want to be using annihilation. Being a hero, first and foremost, you will be the peeler. Spear level 6 behind style is a snare. This is better and way easier to execute than a blades side style. Especially if the target is running away and you are chasing which will be the case 99% of the time. Not only will you be snaring from behind you will also be doing some significant dmg thanks to the 39cs.

That's if you can't slam of course. If you can slam and have time then you switch out to LW and get the dps on.

If your target switches target, then you'd be best of laying a decent snare on him so you can get back to your duties. A well timed snare can be crucial to allowing your healers time to get some distance or your caster dps to lay the smack down.

It really is a powerful build when played correctly. So defensive yet so offensive.

If my memory serves me correct (which it sometimes doesn't thanks to large quantities of MDMA in my youth) then shield skill should be based off of your dex and spec and should have its own unique wep skill.

Also as a side note, on Uthgard 1, a small shield could guard perfectly fine in rvr against multiple targets. Is this still the case here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

barto22
Phoenix Knight

Postby barto22 » Jun 16, 2016 11:24

Sorry for the double post, but I just wanted to highlight this bit again,

Just some perspective to think about -

Hero chasing a zerker chasing an eld/ench. Thats the scenario - Do you think that by doing a few annihilations on the zerker will outweigh the effects a zerker (with probably vendo, red endo possible dmg add too) will have on your cloth caster?

With a Hero you have to think survivability and longevity over dps in pretty much most situation. If you peel for your caster then his 2 maybe 3 dmg hits on zerker will outweigh and be more detrimental to his group than a few annihilations. His nukes coincided with your behind spear style with decent wep skill will be more punishing on his healers without the risk of losing one of your own group members.

Just something to think about anyway, other than just pure dps.

PreviousNext

Return to Hero