spearo

bdf
Myrmidon

Postby bdf » Apr 12, 2014 10:08

any thoughts on advantages/disadvantages on spear/lw?

new to the would of the hero.

Alphaone
Myrmidon

Postby Alphaone » Apr 13, 2014 09:49

LW is mainly for back style dmg, with shield for slam and blade for pve. Spear is more for defense snaring, and not as commonly used in either pve or rvr as I understood, unless you ran a hero solely for defense in rvr. If this were the case though, guard becomes much more important then back snare.

I was still learning my Celt hero at the end of Uth 1.0 but I definitely learned that A properly equipped and buffed hero can deal heavy dmg with LW/slam combo.

Alpha

Foneb
Eagle Knight

Postby Foneb » Apr 13, 2014 14:00

6spear is enough if your skilled with infight weapon switching
Hiois - Ranger 9lX Uth 1.0
Hiois - Enchanter 6lx Uth 2.0
Mugad - Warden 4lx Uth 2.0
Esigil - Druid 3lx Uth 2.0
Hioisx - Nightshade 1lx Uth 2.0

Byun
Gryphon Knight

Postby Byun » Apr 13, 2014 14:06

Alphaone wrote:LW is mainly for back style dmg, with shield for slam and blade for pve. Spear is more for defense snaring, and not as commonly used in either pve or rvr as I understood, unless you ran a hero solely for defense in rvr. If this were the case though, guard becomes much more important then back snare.

I was still learning my Celt hero at the end of Uth 1.0 but I definitely learned that A properly equipped and buffed hero can deal heavy dmg with LW/slam combo.

Alpha

Guard is more important than snare? xD
How 'bout that, if you snare and everyone moves properly, guard becomes unneccessary. But since 95% of the players rather stand around and complain that there are still tanks on their ****, your statement is correct and the sad truth about rvr :D

Alphaone
Myrmidon

Postby Alphaone » Apr 13, 2014 18:14

What I meant to say was that for a shield hero in 8-man, guarding, slamming and pet-clearing were the primary tasks I would do, while BMs would be rupting, backsnaring, etc.

Alpha

grav
Warder

Postby grav » Jun 01, 2016 13:33

50 shield 50 spear 10 blade for side snare rest parry...

in your opinion hero with back snare and slow weapons need PF ? and BM?

barto22
Phoenix Knight

Postby barto22 » Jun 01, 2016 14:11

Let the BMs do the killing. Behind snare from hero is all you really need. After all, a hero isn't just a guard bot but also the peeler.
You can use 2 dmg types with LW too remember that. 3 with spear.

6 blades, 39 spear, 42 shield, 50 LW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My mind’s made up, don’t confuse me with facts.
You mustn't assume that your personal situation is a reflection of every other person that has logged in to Uthgard.

Return to Hero