Compatriart pet issue.

gary`
Warder

Postby gary` » Feb 10, 2017 09:23

I want to confirm before I post this issue in the bug section. Currently naturlist base AF spell (of any level), overwrites the Compatriart self spec af buff. The second you cancel it, the pet will recast his "spec af" buff. I believe this is NOT intended. The AF buffs should stack.

This is why on live you actually would NOT use the compatriart pet, and use the friend instead. Bards later on had the red spec AF buff, which was better than the compatriart's self buff. Obviously no spec AF buffs here in hib on this patch level, so the compatriart is used.

Zansobar
Myrmidon

Postby Zansobar » Feb 11, 2017 16:22

How does it work currently on live? It seems the devs put a lot of weight to how things work on live.

gary`
Warder

Postby gary` » Feb 12, 2017 03:37

The base af buff stacks. This applies to every class / pet in the game. spec AF and base AF are two separate buffs and should stack

Zansobar
Myrmidon

Postby Zansobar » Feb 12, 2017 11:44

gary` wrote:The base af buff stacks. This applies to every class / pet in the game. spec AF and base AF are two separate buffs and should stack

I know that, but is the pet spell considered base or spec? Does Druid base af stack with the pet's af buff on live?

gary`
Warder

Postby gary` » Feb 13, 2017 02:51

Did you even read my post? lol =\ its a spec AF buff.

The pet buff was NEVER changed in any patch. Go to live and cast a bard spec AF buff onto the pet, it will say "already has this affect" Cast a BASE af buff, it will stack with the existing buff (as It should)

Currently the BASE AF buff OVERWRITES the SPEC af buff which is inappropriate behavior.

Zansobar
Myrmidon

Postby Zansobar » Feb 14, 2017 17:07

gary` wrote:Did you even read my post? lol =\ its a spec AF buff.

The pet buff was NEVER changed in any patch. Go to live and cast a bard spec AF buff onto the pet, it will say "already has this affect" Cast a BASE af buff, it will stack with the existing buff (as It should)

Currently the BASE AF buff OVERWRITES the SPEC af buff which is inappropriate behavior.

Sorry I misunderstood your original post. If you've tested it on live and it doesn't work that way here (which it appears you have) then submit an issue report. It appears the devs put much weight on how things are on live currently. Basically they try to make things like live unless a patch note since 1.65 indicated a change.

Return to Enchanter