Focuspull questions

xam
Guardian

Postby xam » Jan 13, 2017 10:09

We had a discussion in our group last night if focus pull is viable in our group constellation (2 bombs, hero tank, bard, druid)

Perhaps some experienced player can answer this. :)

* Does the focus damage shield generate aggro on the pet or on the caster?
* Is the ally still the best (most resistant) pet to use?
* Do all buffs increase the absorb factor of the pet?

thanks.

barto22
Phoenix Knight

Postby barto22 » Jan 13, 2017 10:15

All buffs increase absorb. I believe haste works as haste. (Correct me if I'm wrong)
Focus generates aggro on pet.
Companion is best pet to use for focus pull.

Focus pull groups become MASSIVELY easier with a mana mentalist in group as the heal over time spell generates 0 aggro. That said, with small contained pulls, its very doable without the mentalist. You just have to be wary of the heal spells generating aggro. I suggest only using the smallest heal you have, and to make sure both healers are healing together so the aggro is split between them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My mind’s made up, don’t confuse me with facts.
You mustn't assume that your personal situation is a reflection of every other person that has logged in to Uthgard.

xam
Guardian

Postby xam » Jan 13, 2017 10:24

thanks. :)
we´ll try that; the hero should be able to peel mobs off the healers when they get aggro.

2P1S
Warder

Postby 2P1S » Jan 15, 2017 09:25

What I like to do with 2 Enchanters is take turns doing focus pulls. One of you meditates and gets back to FM while the other uses his mana to focus pull. When he's OOM it's your turn to focus pull. Works well if your groups power keeps up. Get a lot of healers and 1 or 2 ments too.

archy
Warder

Postby archy » Jan 16, 2017 01:38

barto22 wrote:All buffs increase absorb. I believe haste works as haste. (Correct me if I'm wrong)
Focus generates aggro on pet.
Companion is best pet to use for focus pull.

Focus pull groups become MASSIVELY easier with a mana mentalist in group as the heal over time spell generates 0 aggro. That said, with small contained pulls, its very doable without the mentalist. You just have to be wary of the heal spells generating aggro. I suggest only using the smallest heal you have, and to make sure both healers are healing together so the aggro is split between them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Companion pet is best? The caster?

2P1S
Warder

Postby 2P1S » Jan 16, 2017 21:07

Companion is not the best pet for focus pulls, he's trolling or getting companion confused with compatriot.

Evinac
Gryphon Knight

Postby Evinac » Jan 17, 2017 22:47

xam wrote:thanks. :)
we´ll try that; the hero should be able to peel mobs off the healers when they get aggro.

tanks in this scenario r intercept/guard bots for pbaoe'ers or the FP'ing enchanter.
Evinak - Eldritch
Evinac - Hero
<Blazed>

Zabulius77
Myrmidon

Postby Zabulius77 » Jan 18, 2017 18:46

Compatriot pet @ 20, ally before that. Focus shield generates aggro on pet. Healers should allow about 2 hits on mob then spam minor heals as necessary. Mana ment is a luxury for PoM and HoT but not required.

Torgo
Eagle Knight

Postby Torgo » Feb 14, 2017 18:02

Be careful..it is a little trickier here. BaF mobs do not passing hit your pet (and aggro) so it harder to get your entire pull onto the pet (and focus shield). You have to chase down all BaF mobs and get aggro and get them all into the PBAOE mana box. It can be tricky.

Return to Enchanter