Enchantment spec

HatTrick
Myrmidon

Postby HatTrick » Jun 19, 2016 04:52

Does anyone go full or mostly enchantment spec? I was talking to a guy the other day that said he had both a lvl 50 mana and lvl 50 enchantment spec enchanter and he said he used the enchantment spec one to farm because it could solo about anything. I didn't think to ask him how his spec points were allocated though and searching the web, there is literally nothing about enchantment spec enchanters except for some people in forum threads about enchanter specs saying enchantment blows. Anyway, just curious if that guy I talked to was blowing smoke or if enchantments is actually a viable solo spec path.
Member of Vanquish
Midgard Tristan from day 1, now a Hib (the pacifist realm) :P

GreenP
Phoenix Knight

Postby GreenP » Jun 19, 2016 12:10

I dont see any reason to go full enchantment.
You only gain specbuffs, dmgadd and that healbuff that has 10% to proc. And variance of your petheals should be no problem.
But except for your pet to be more stable and having a little bit more extraload on meleehits you lack on something to kill hordes of mobs. S

40 mana 34 ench sounds like a solid solospec if you dont want/can group with any supporter. Focusshield,bomb + stable pet.
Should be no problem to focuspull 4 yellow or 2-3 ora at once.

Everyone else should go 50 mana (and maybe 20 enchantment for the small specs). With any supportclass you will do fine.
Can pull 2-3 reds or a bunch of yellow mobs :P
Formerly known as
Touareg- RR10 noobVW on Uth1.
Crossfire- RR7 noobAnimist on Uth1.
Ohnoes- RR9 noobAnimist on Lolgins.

Click this LINK if you want to see the truth about Hibernia

HatTrick
Myrmidon

Postby HatTrick » Jun 19, 2016 15:07

I'm more interested in being able to kill stuff like the named mobs in CF solo. This guy told me his enchantment spec could take them solo about 80% of the time. I know any mana spec can do it with druid partner but I figure if you can do it solo, getting a druid to help would just be gravy.
Member of Vanquish
Midgard Tristan from day 1, now a Hib (the pacifist realm) :P

Juri
Eagle Knight

Postby Juri » Jun 19, 2016 23:49

Hmm, I doubt you can solo these mobs, the heal proc is not enough to sustain all that damage, nor the enhanced hitrate spell the enchantment way provides. You're still going to need a healer.

GreenP
Phoenix Knight

Postby GreenP » Jun 20, 2016 17:08

The hitratebuff only works for spells i think.

You will need a druidmate and mcl2 for your ench along with this getting fixed https://uthgard.org/tracker/issue/1697/ ... /focuspull

or you will be oom before the named mob is even at 50%.
Formerly known as
Touareg- RR10 noobVW on Uth1.
Crossfire- RR7 noobAnimist on Uth1.
Ohnoes- RR9 noobAnimist on Lolgins.

Click this LINK if you want to see the truth about Hibernia

Der_Eisbaer
Eagle Knight

Postby Der_Eisbaer » Jun 20, 2016 17:59

Talking about Enchantment spec:

Is there any reliable source that can tell what precisely the dex/qui buff does to the pet?

Teholdsedare
Warder

Postby Teholdsedare » Jun 21, 2016 08:10

If this server is coded the same as retail, then every buff that increases any stat of a pet in turn increases the absorb of the pet.

Basicly. If you cast Every buff available, at its red equivalent, then your pet will have the highest absorb it can attain.

The most benefit is derived from using the Ally pet. Not the compatriot, due to this coding.

Compatriot has a self AF buff denying access to the red AF buff from the druid bot. This reduces the attainable absorb by a small percentage. Also Ally casts the HoT on himself, causing him to have a higher passive HP regen rate. Also, Ally by default has a higher average HP then compatriot.

If you do not have anyone to cast buffs onto your pet and you would still like to body pet pull, then yes go ahead and use the compatriot. But dont fool yourself by thinking a higher level option is a better option. 99% of people on retail use that one without thinking or testing.

I cant wait to get 50 and fully test this.

Looking forward to running crim fins at level 48, with 12 fins on my ally pet just watching the XP bar explode. Next week boys.
The only people that use signatures with actual information only proves they think they are better then everyone else.
Pweet - Go suck your own. The GMs dont need your sucking.

Der_Eisbaer
Eagle Knight

Postby Der_Eisbaer » Jun 23, 2016 09:29

If I play solo with full enchantment, i.e. without a druid:

Shall I use companion or ally?

Teholdsedare
Warder

Postby Teholdsedare » Jun 25, 2016 01:52

Im getting mixed results when I did some detailed testing yesterday. So I wont say for sure until I hit 50 and do an in depth test.

Info for you to consider.

http://camelotherald.wikia.com/wiki/Pat ... rsion_1.45 (f3 search for underhill - explains what each pet does)

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/threads ... ts.116550/ (discussion in 2003 about enchanter pets used for tanking)

http://www.mpm.derangedmonkey.com/viewtopic.php?t=788 ( break down of previous testing done in 2006 - I will go thru and figure out what patch this was done during, and see if pets at this point were changed from 1.65 to when this post was made)
The only people that use signatures with actual information only proves they think they are better then everyone else.
Pweet - Go suck your own. The GMs dont need your sucking.

Return to Enchanter