Some advice for leveling

boborg
Warder

Postby boborg » Feb 13, 2017 23:39

Hey!
Right now, i am mana specced, lvl 32.
I plan to play sun as 46 light, 28 mana.

At level 40 should I go only mana specc and pray to loot a respec stone with a drake raid? Or the chance to have one is too low and i should respec light as soon as I up 40?
Thinking to the fact that leveling 40 to 50 is gonna be hard with light specc? Did someone level with light specc 40to50? Was it very hard?
Thx for your advice

Smilo
Gryphon Knight

Postby Smilo » Feb 15, 2017 13:37

Just stay mana its better for RVR against Mid tank groups, against the zerg, and for keep defense and it will save you a big headeache for not having to respec.

Many are going to (re)spec from mana to light just to realize that with the current meta mana is the best spec. Midgard is throwing zerks at us, you want them debuffed, diseased and snared. Green NS is still a great spell that will rupt when resisted.

The best elds on this server are going to be the few mana elds who know how to cripple a zerk train and shut down support with green NS.

But back on topic: leveling as light 40-50 isnt hard... its just very tedious! I am afraid you will regret not having pbaoe in the 40s, it makes the exp so much faster!

How common/cheap are respec stones going to be? I have no idea.

Imho stay mana, try mana in RvR, you might like it, if you really dont, get a respec stone.
But if you are already 100% sure you wanna play a light eld, dont count on respec stones, respec at 40. If runemasters can level up without pbaoe, you can too.

boborg
Warder

Postby boborg » Feb 16, 2017 02:14

Your advice sounds good. Especially for the debuff and snare against mid trains.

I may continue with mana specc untill i reach 50 and a decent realm rank. My only goal is the rvr 8 vs xx but i wont have a lot of free time to play hours on the evening, i guess i mostly will go alone to AMG, and i am affraid to play mana specc 1vsx. I would prefer play with mezz, red ns and low lvl snare and disease.. i never tried mana specc alone except thidranki..
I should do as everyone and zerg, taking keeps and aedd snare to leech rp on the crowd even if they are mezzed
:(

Many thx for your input!!

Smilo
Gryphon Knight

Postby Smilo » Feb 16, 2017 08:35

If you're going to play around AMG (or generally to smallman) it makes sense to spec light but... make sure to group with a chanter for the speed (and the debuff of course).

Alone at AMG with an eld? You gotta be really brave, borderline masochist. :wink:
Speed zero alone would make it unbearable for me, AMG is far for us Hibs, and running to keeps for the hastener makes your route very predictable.

Return to Eldritch