Is void eld useless in RvR?

Vortimer
Warder

Postby Vortimer » Dec 04, 2016 18:34

I know that for a time bolt casters were actually useful. Will this be the case in uthgard? I used to play a void eld and they are my favorite class, but I don't mind switching to light if void is useless.

barto22
Phoenix Knight

Postby barto22 » Dec 04, 2016 22:29

Vortimer wrote:I know that for a time bolt casters were actually useful. Will this be the case in uthgard? I used to play a void eld and they are my favorite class, but I don't mind switching to light if void is useless.

I'd say it was more a question of usefulness rather than useless. What I mean is that a void eld could potentially be a wasted slot. A light eld has the utility that is needed in the group as well as having a single target DD that hits harder.

1. Bard
2. Druid
3. Druid
4. Hero
5. Light Eld
6. -
7. -
8. -

As you can see, you have 3 slots to fill depending on what style of play your group would be going. For me, 90% of my groups would start with exactly these 5 classes. Trying to squeeze a void eld in could work, but only at the sacrifice of another class that could be more beneficial. If you have a set group to run with, then you could try it - personally I wouldn't bother - otherwise I'd just go for light and be an acceptable class to get in most groups. -- IMO of course (I have to state that these days to avoid flaming :( )
My mind’s made up, don’t confuse me with facts.
You mustn't assume that your personal situation is a reflection of every other person that has logged in to Uthgard.

Vortimer
Warder

Postby Vortimer » Dec 05, 2016 05:38

barto22 wrote:
Vortimer wrote:I know that for a time bolt casters were actually useful. Will this be the case in uthgard? I used to play a void eld and they are my favorite class, but I don't mind switching to light if void is useless.

I'd say it was more a question of usefulness rather than useless. What I mean is that a void eld could potentially be a wasted slot. A light eld has the utility that is needed in the group as well as having a single target DD that hits harder.

1. Bard
2. Druid
3. Druid
4. Hero
5. Light Eld
6. -
7. -
8. -

As you can see, you have 3 slots to fill depending on what style of play your group would be going. For me, 90% of my groups would start with exactly these 5 classes. Trying to squeeze a void eld in could work, but only at the sacrifice of another class that could be more beneficial. If you have a set group to run with, then you could try it - personally I wouldn't bother - otherwise I'd just go for light and be an acceptable class to get in most groups. -- IMO of course (I have to state that these days to avoid flaming :( )

I also loved light eld. I don't have any groups (or guild). Wondering how casual friendly will uthgard be. I played daoc a lot but don't know how active the server will be for Random groups :p thanks for the info

Vlalkor
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Vlalkor » Dec 05, 2016 16:03

OK, I know your name Vortimer, but cannot remember how.. :( Damn this getting old.

Vortimer
Warder

Postby Vortimer » Dec 05, 2016 17:10

Vlalkor wrote:OK, I know your name Vortimer, but cannot remember how.. :( Damn this getting old.

Heh. I used to play hib / prydwen, but I played in excalibur / alb too, exc/mid... lots of realms. There is also an NPC called Vortimer in Albion's capital city.

Bubbler
Gryphon Knight

Postby Bubbler » Dec 05, 2016 17:17

Vortimer wrote:
barto22 wrote:

1. Bard
2. Druid
3. Druid
4. Hero
5. Light Eld
6. -
7. -
8. -

I also loved light eld. I don't have any groups (or guild). Wondering how casual friendly will uthgard be. I played daoc a lot but don't know how active the server will be for Random groups :p thanks for the info

I would say that the first couple months, you should be fine finding random groups. The issues will come after that imo. However there are certainly guilds looking for players for the release. So my suggestion would be to try and find a guild that is fine with the spec you wanna roll for pvp or pve and you should be fine. From there you can make your decision on the viability later on in the life of the server but hopefully will be part of a guild that will be fine with you running rvr with them as your spec.
<Blood Feud>
Druid - Bubbler
Hero - Cramit
Enchanter - Rounder
Bard - Melody
BladeMaster - Crunch
Mentalist - Dottie

Vlalkor
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Vlalkor » Dec 05, 2016 17:29

Vortimer wrote:
Vlalkor wrote:OK, I know your name Vortimer, but cannot remember how.. :( Damn this getting old.

Heh. I used to play hib / prydwen, but I played in excalibur / alb too, exc/mid... lots of realms. There is also an NPC called Vortimer in Albion's capital city.

Did we play beta together?

Vortimer
Warder

Postby Vortimer » Dec 05, 2016 17:53

Bubbler wrote:
I would say that the first couple months, you should be fine finding random groups. The issues will come after that imo. However there are certainly guilds looking for players for the release. So my suggestion would be to try and find a guild that is fine with the spec you wanna roll for pvp or pve and you should be fine. From there you can make your decision on the viability later on in the life of the server but hopefully will be part of a guild that will be fine with you running rvr with them as your spec.

I guess the population will drop. The question is how much? DAOC has always been fun when more people join the game. And I think that this revamp took so long there will be way less people at launch than before. I hope im wrong!

Vortimer
Warder

Postby Vortimer » Dec 05, 2016 17:54

Vlalkor wrote:
Vortimer wrote:

Did we play beta together?

We probably did, your name also rings a bell. Such good times :D

Bubbler
Gryphon Knight

Postby Bubbler » Dec 05, 2016 18:22

Vortimer wrote:
Bubbler wrote:

I guess the population will drop. The question is how much? DAOC has always been fun when more people join the game. And I think that this revamp took so long there will be way less people at launch than before. I hope im wrong!

Yea, it certainly is how much. I figure that a lot of folks that were in beta will probably come back for launch but that's my own prediction. Really hoping for 2k players during primetime hours when release comes, which will be right around what the beta pulled in.

I would expect that the pop might drop to 1500 over the first couple months but that is as far as I would go. I would wager that it will stay around that, basically close to P99 population for the majority of time after release. At least, thats my hope but at this point no real way to tell.
<Blood Feud>
Druid - Bubbler
Hero - Cramit
Enchanter - Rounder
Bard - Melody
BladeMaster - Crunch
Mentalist - Dottie

Vortimer
Warder

Postby Vortimer » Dec 05, 2016 18:30

Bubbler wrote:
Vortimer wrote:
Bubbler wrote:

Yea, it certainly is how much. I figure that a lot of folks that were in beta will probably come back for launch but that's my own prediction. Really hoping for 2k players during primetime hours when release comes, which will be right around what the beta pulled in.

I would expect that the pop might drop to 1500 over the first couple months but that is as far as I would go. I would wager that it will stay around that, basically close to P99 population for the majority of time after release. At least, thats my hope but at this point no real way to tell.

Wow, and I thought you were going to predict around 600 players or so. Which is way more than I thought. A steady 1500 players? I really hope you're right, that would make the game much more interesting and I could find more random groups to join. Im used to genesis numbers, there were less than 200 people per realm, that means a total pop of around 600 players.

1500 players would be so nice. I would still play with 800 :P. Really eager to try uthgard, everyone in genesis was waiting for this server to launch and leave...

Bubbler
Gryphon Knight

Postby Bubbler » Dec 05, 2016 18:42

Vortimer wrote:
Bubbler wrote:
Vortimer wrote:

Wow, and I thought you were going to predict around 600 players or so. Which is way more than I thought. A steady 1500 players? I really hope you're right, that would make the game much more interesting and I could find more random groups to join. Im used to genesis numbers, there were less than 200 people per realm, that means a total pop of around 600 players.

1500 players would be so nice. I would still play with 800 :P. Really eager to try uthgard, everyone in genesis was waiting for this server to launch and leave...

Well, 1500 is certainly a generous number on my part. I tried Genesis as well and just found some of the QoL additions to the patch level that they added kinda took away from the server. It's hard to say what the numbers will be and I am literally pulling numbers outta my hat but it seems to me that Uthgard was the "premier" DAoC freeshard from everything that I read before trying Genesis, so I am guessing that they will be able to pull more in. Time will tell, I hope I'm right as well.
<Blood Feud>
Druid - Bubbler
Hero - Cramit
Enchanter - Rounder
Bard - Melody
BladeMaster - Crunch
Mentalist - Dottie

pirhana7
Myrmidon

Postby pirhana7 » Dec 28, 2016 20:19

8 man will want a Light ElD, but if you plan on soloing or being made for keep defense then Void is the way to go. As Void specyou can still have the Blue ae mezz and NS.

Evinac
Gryphon Knight

Postby Evinac » Dec 28, 2016 22:59

pirhana7 wrote:8 man will want a Light ElD, but if you plan on soloing or being made for keep defense then Void is the way to go. As Void specyou can still have the Blue ae mezz and NS.

please don't spread mezz immunity with a blue 21sec mez...

and mana > void for keeps - pbaoe at door or lord's room is much more important than u dropping a caster off the wall with the 2 bolts every 20 sec, if u don't get PA'ed or ae'ed while on that same wall that is.
Evinak - Eldritch
Evinac - Hero
<Blazed>

Jib
Guardian

Postby Jib » Jan 30, 2017 04:10

pirhana7 wrote:8 man will want a Light ElD, but if you plan on soloing or being made for keep defense then Void is the way to go. As Void specyou can still have the Blue ae mezz and NS.

8 mans will want a mana eld. Disease and str/con debuff and ae snare nuke with blue nearsight way better then an ae mes and light nuke that gets resisted all the time.

Next

Return to Eldritch