Snare nuke?

ChipMyPants
Guardian

Postby ChipMyPants » May 03, 2016 21:24

Looking at rolling hib. Torn between hero peeler or a caster. I've always enjoyed snare nuke classes. I forget how root immunity works with snare nukes and also how resists and det tanks work with it. Thoughts?

Salidor
Eagle Knight

Postby Salidor » May 04, 2016 01:05

ChipMyPants wrote:Looking at rolling hib. Torn between hero peeler or a caster. I've always enjoyed snare nuke classes. I forget how root immunity works with snare nukes and also how resists and det tanks work with it. Thoughts?

if i remember right :P caster snare and melee snare is reusable just as long as the target wasn't rooted. if the target was rooted then he/she will be immune from any type of snare or roots for a bit.

boborg
Warder

Postby boborg » May 21, 2016 18:15

and about the light line, with the spec dd " shadowdoom" ..

This last spec DD is only at level 45, is it resist frequently in rvr against lvl 50 players?

Paulberios
Myrmidon

Postby Paulberios » May 22, 2016 05:40

With light spec you would generally use your base DD after enchanter debuff. This along with the chanters DD and mentalist spec DD makes for an amazing amount of DPS. NS comes first, assist when the chanter starts calling bad guys. Sub mana for disease

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

boborg
Warder

Postby boborg » May 22, 2016 11:10

In my memories there where RA to improve spells lvl and nnot being resist . I might bé wrong i used to play tank and healers in the past.
And i wont play all the time with an enchant, so without debuff it would bé better specc dd lvl 45 than base one at lvl 50 ,no? Specc one could be more resist but the delv is stronger no?

There was an equation to calculate the resist % but i cant find it anymore

hazelhimself
Gryphon Knight

Postby hazelhimself » May 22, 2016 11:37

boborg wrote:In my memories there where RA to improve spells lvl and nnot being resist . I might bé wrong i used to play tank and healers in the past.
And i wont play all the time with an enchant, so without debuff it would bé better specc dd lvl 45 than base one at lvl 50 ,no? Specc one could be more resist but the delv is stronger no?

There was an equation to calculate the resist % but i cant find it anymore

the RA you are looking for is MoF (Mastery of Focus) and its not implemented in the old RA system and thus not available on Uthgard.
yes, a lvl 45 spell will be resisted more often than a lvl 50 spell but not to a point there you would nuke with your baseline nuke when you have a 45 spec version with much higher delve and way better mana efficiency available (on an undebuffed target mind you!)
also keep in mind that when you dont have an enchanter in grp, the elds role is mainly a utility one and damage is secondary.

boborg
Warder

Postby boborg » May 22, 2016 13:25

here is the chance to hit of a spell landing

II.g. How do resists work?

There are actually two factors at play when talking about resists. The first, when a target “resists the effect,” is referred to by Mythic as the “chance of a spell landing” or the “chance to hit.” That is, there is a chance that a spell will fail to affect the target at all. This is based on a comparison of your level to that of the target, with modifier based on the level of the spell itself. Here’s the explanation direct form The Camelot Herald:
[I]
Q: Spell resists. Can you give me more details as to how the system works?

A: Here’s the answer, straight from the desk of the spell designer:

"Spells have a factor of (spell level / 2) added to their chance to hit. (Spell level defined as the level the spell is awarded, chance to hit defined as the chance of avoiding the "Your target resists the spell!" message.) Subtracted from the modified to-hit chance is the target's (level / 2). So a L50 caster casting a L30 spell at a L50 monster or player, they have a base chance of 85% to hit, plus 15%, minus 25% for a net chance to hit of 75%. If the chance to hit goes over 100% damage or duration is increased, and if it goes below 55%, you still have a 55% chance to hit but your damage or duration is penalized. If the chance to hit goes below 0, you cannot hit at all. Once the spell hits, damage and duration are further modified by resistances.

"In general, RvR is between opponents within 1 quanta of each other (in the frontiers for example, L45-50), and the spells cast are L40+. This results in a 2.5-5% modifier, which is somewhat lost in the noise of the bonuses from Int/Acuity, realm abilities, and modifiers from resistances. For characters using spells around L30, they will see a more significant reduction however, and this factor is part of it."
[I]

so if i don't missunderstand, the chance to hit of the lvl 45 specc light dd is 80%

And i am agree with you , the eldrich' main role is NS, damage are secondary

Teholdsedare
Warder

Postby Teholdsedare » Jul 04, 2016 06:37

Not sure where this is headed but I see truckloads of assumptions.

85% base resist rate of level 50 spells.

I was informed once, that SPEC spells are based on this same 85%(if your composite is a total of 50, which is automatically no variance on baseline damage spells, but unconfirmed resist rate changes at this patch)

BASELINE spells are based on the level of the spell.

Basicly The lack of MoF destroys the utility of any caster in this game, ever. You are a dice roller every time you cast.

On retail, Running a Greater Focal Myth on top of MoF 2 as a Hib caster, gave you at 98.7(ish... over a week long test using 140,000 spell castings on equal level spells) at magic spell success. This is basicly what made casters viable in RVR over tank groups. Until you figure this out, just assume you will be required to cast all CC spells 2 times, all Snare spells 2 times, and expect your mana to be destroyed in the process. Until something is done to remedy this blatent game balancing issue, you will be required to either 1. Run superior dex to promise your ability to land CC/interrupt spells over other classes that matter, or 2. Add power regaining abilities to compensate for your massive power loss in order to guarantee the success of the spell you NEED to have on your target.
The only people that use signatures with actual information only proves they think they are better then everyone else.
Pweet - Go suck your own. The GMs dont need your sucking.

imamizer
Gryphon Knight

Postby imamizer » Jul 04, 2016 10:46

boborg wrote:
If the chance to hit goes over 100% damage or duration is increased
[I]

1. Is it about attacking low level players or is it possible to reach %100 against level 50s without MoF aswell?

2. Does having "+ skill" from gear and RR increase your hit chance?

3. Isn't the formula different for Pve and PvP? You can always root/mezz/stun a yellow mob with level 1 spell but resist rates are insanely high against level 50 players if you use a spell bellow 30. PvE formula should have "your level" in it instead of "spell level".

4. Do you have to be a masochist to play caster?

alexmatta84@gmail.com
Warder

Postby alexmatta84@gmail.com » Jul 11, 2016 00:58

DD snare must do not give immunity of snare/root effects (but if target has immunity before u cast - snare should not work)
Xeladric - Eld - Uthgard 2.0
Selenax - Eld RR11 - Live

Return to Eldritch