Question about Instant Root Recast Timer

Zaya
Myrmidon

Postby Zaya » Feb 16, 2018 10:05

Hello,

I'm running a nature druid in the 40s with 38 nature spec atm. This grants me access to both instant roots (single and aoe).

I'm enjoying nature a lot, but got a bit confused about the instant root recast timers. They are both set to 10 min.

But I seem to be able to spam the instant roots until they actually hit. So if there is a resist, the icons just grey out for few seconds and then I can go again until the instant roots land on the target.

If they hit, the cooldown kicks in and the spell is not available for 10 min as said in the tooltip.

Is this working as intended or should there be a 10 min cooldown even if the root gets resisted?

Thanks in advance for infos :)

Zaya

GreenP
Phoenix Knight

Postby GreenP » Mar 06, 2018 14:48

yea something is totally weird about it...^^ Yesterday i used ae instant root against almost 2fga standing together... i hit at least 90% of the people but the timer of the aoe root was not down... wtf
Formerly known as
Touareg- RR10 noobVW on Uth1.
Crossfire- RR7 noobAnimist on Uth1.
Ohnoes- RR9 noobAnimist on Lolgins.

Click this LINK if you want to see the truth about Hibernia

Zaya
Myrmidon

Postby Zaya » Mar 10, 2018 15:14

Hello,

I noticed the same during the last days, but it appeared just 1 or 2 times and I couldn't reproduce it. So I thought it might have been caused by lag.

We should keep an eye on it and if it tends to happen again, create a post on the issue tracker.

Best regards,
Zaya

RazorRamon
Gryphon Knight

Postby RazorRamon » Mar 27, 2018 02:03

I remember this working the same way on Uth 1.0 and even live back in the day (I played a nature druid back then too) I vaguely remember the discussions on why they did it. something about the instant roots being low lvl and being resisted too often making them next to useless. You can spam them until they stick but it'll eat up your power in return. the lvl 28 single target instant root uses as much power as a baseline lvl 47 small heal. if you are unlucky enough to have it resisted multiple times in a row you'll see your power being drained pretty quickly trying to land it. I think the high power consumption from the 2 instants was just to have a way for them not to be spammed indefinitely.

Without that mechanism in place you'll have low level instant roots that get resisted fairly often and then you'd have to wait 10 minutes to try to use it again(useless). I'm sure if the spells themselves were higher level it would have been a different situation.

Zaya
Myrmidon

Postby Zaya » Mar 28, 2018 23:35

Hello

and thank you for the explanation :) The way you describe it makes at least sense for me. So it's no bug, it's a feature it seems.

Best wishes,
Zaya

Return to Druid