Leveling Druid

Bubbler
Gryphon Knight

Postby Bubbler » May 24, 2016 18:28

So I am working on a druid for this beta to get myself re-acquainted with DAoC and the class it self. However I find myself speccing more towards nurture and regrowth for my groups. I find this to be frustrating, since now I am basically unable to solo anything above a green or specific blues.

What do you find to be the best path as a leveling druid in terms of specc? Is it worth it to go full group support or full solo and then respec at 50 or is there a spec that is some what in the middle that will allow a druid to fight yellow/blue con mobs and still be useful in a group?
<Blood Feud>
Druid - Bubbler
Hero - Cramit
Enchanter - Rounder
Bard - Melody
BladeMaster - Crunch
Mentalist - Dottie

Mass
Warder

Postby Mass » May 27, 2016 00:30

Go full group support, especially at launch.

morry1000
Gryphon Knight

Postby morry1000 » Aug 01, 2016 17:35

Final spec of:

31 Reg
39 Nur
20 Nat

worthy of consideration?

or should it be:

30 Reg
40 Nur
20 Nat

If not,

What will be the standard spec come release?

Kaziera
Gryphon Knight

Postby Kaziera » Aug 02, 2016 04:15

44 buff 30 reg Rest nature for Red s c buff. Or go for yelliw s c buff Rest heal. Dont go pet. Its a Interrupt bot. Not more.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk

Vish
Guardian

Postby Vish » Aug 02, 2016 10:07

33 reg, 42 nurt, 7 nat

you get the bigger specc heals, red acuity buff and 17% haste buff

or

30 reg, 40 nurt, 20 nat

the lvl 20 pet has a stun (?) and will not die in one swing

barto22
Phoenix Knight

Postby barto22 » Aug 02, 2016 11:28

Will most likely want to have 31 or 33 regrowth. Red sc would be good if running tank or hybrid setup. Not necessary, but nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My mind’s made up, don’t confuse me with facts.
You mustn't assume that your personal situation is a reflection of every other person that has logged in to Uthgard.

Kaziera
Gryphon Knight

Postby Kaziera » Aug 05, 2016 07:26

I differ. 1 high buff drui with 44 buff will be mandatory due to hib tank grps beeing mandatory in uth 2.0 you are wasting free dmg and survivability on your tanks. 2nd drui should be at least 40 buff for yellow haste and maybe yellow dex qui, since Red str con will be costly conc wise.

High heal wont Do you much good since mana efficiency wont rise with higher lvl spells. IT will just means you will overheal more and therefore waste more mana.

Jerrian
Phoenix Knight

Postby Jerrian » Sep 04, 2016 11:03

Kaziera wrote:I differ. 1 high buff drui with 44 buff will be mandatory due to hib tank grps beeing mandatory in uth 2.0 you are wasting free dmg and survivability on your tanks. 2nd drui should be at least 40 buff for yellow haste and maybe yellow dex qui, since Red str con will be costly conc wise.

High heal wont Do you much good since mana efficiency wont rise with higher lvl spells. IT will just means you will overheal more and therefore waste more mana.

But with higher regrowth your base heals will become more solid with less value variances what will make it easier for you to heal and saves mana. I ´m a bit rusty about playing a druid, but if I remember right the base heals were faster and needed compared to spec heals less mana, so it ´s better to use them usually specially with high regrowth, or am I wrong?

Nature is mainly for the pet for rvr later and should be specced at the end, nurture and regrowth should be raised first while leveling because it benefits groups. Druids shall find easily groups as they are needed as mainhealers, so not much to worry about forced to solo exping, I guess.

Juri
Eagle Knight

Postby Juri » Sep 04, 2016 23:54

Jerrian wrote:But with higher regrowth your base heals will become more solid with less value variances what will make it easier for you to heal and saves mana. I ´m a bit rusty about playing a druid, but if I remember right the base heals were faster and needed compared to spec heals less mana, so it ´s better to use them usually specially with high regrowth, or am I wrong?

(From my experience) you won't be healing with anything but the small baseline heal while leveling up. Anything else is used either as an emergency solution or to waste mana :PP so yes, putting point in regrowth while leveling up is mandatory to balance baseline heals' variance.

barto22
Phoenix Knight

Postby barto22 » Sep 05, 2016 00:07

Spec enough to get cure poison and disease then put all other points into buffs for levelling. You'll do fine just like that and power won't be a problem as it's fairly difficult to be in combat when playing in a group so you can sit between casts.

Other than the small baseline heal, you are better off using spec heals. Also, using spread heal when multiple targets are losing hp is more mana efficient than spec healing everybody. And if there are many that need hp then using baseline group heal is even more efficient still.

My mind’s made up, don’t confuse me with facts.
You mustn't assume that your personal situation is a reflection of every other person that has logged in to Uthgard.

Akuranos
Warder

Postby Akuranos » Dec 24, 2016 16:25

Does it make sense to spec into regrowth until you get cure poison and cure disease and instead of putting everything into nurture, lower nurture 1-2 levels and put the rest into nature affinity in case you are unable to find any group? On 40, I would then respec towards the final spec.

If I knew I would always have a group, I would definitely ditch nature affinity alltogether, but I imagine it could be extremely frustrating if you need to solo level at one point and are unable to beat blues. On the other hand, getting the spec buffs 1-2 levels later won't hurt that much.

Any thoughts on this?

Juri
Eagle Knight

Postby Juri » Dec 24, 2016 17:39

Leveling up alone as a druid is painful. I think it is safe to assume that you'll always have a group to level up with, especially at the grand opening!
As to how spec you can check out Cait's suggestions in his thread: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=33670

Akuranos
Warder

Postby Akuranos » Dec 24, 2016 18:05

Okay, thanks!
I guess I will just see how it goes. If I really don't find anything, I'll just twink or something (although I really want to avoid this ^^)

Bubbler
Gryphon Knight

Postby Bubbler » Dec 27, 2016 18:22

I've also found that even as a 43 nurt/33regro/7nature that I can take most blue's as long as I get them solo and am fully buffed, including the damage buff from the nurture line. Tasks will definitely be your bread and butter so having a good idea where you can get tasks for certain level ranges will benefit you for the times that you can't find a group.
<Blood Feud>
Druid - Bubbler
Hero - Cramit
Enchanter - Rounder
Bard - Melody
BladeMaster - Crunch
Mentalist - Dottie

Puz
Warder

Postby Puz » Feb 08, 2017 13:37

Working on both a druid and a bm Im wondering about a few things related to this thread.

My first choice would be 40n/35r on the druid. But if it is preferred by the guild I might go for 44n/31r!

What are the values that the buffs from both specs give to my group?
40n: D/Q and S/C values?
44n: D/Q and S/C.yellow and S/C.red values?

This info is both interesting for my druid spec as well as the template and race for my bm!
Na Fianna Dragun / The Dark Alliance

Return to Druid