Weapon damage

Kedann
Warder

Postby Kedann » Apr 27, 2016 13:28

Sztyk wrote:errrr.. okay have fun i guess. first 50 blunt druid in daoc history then i guess? what was your question exactly?

Well it was about having 0 points into a weapon skill. I read an old post saying that if you have 0 points into weapon skill you will do more damage then the person who has 9 points. But I got it mixed up with a different class. I was doing a lot of reading trying to figure out which class I wanted to be. Since I'm new to Hibernia.

Kedann
Warder

Postby Kedann » Apr 27, 2016 13:38

It won't let me post where I read it at. Says it's to spamy for a new user please remove off site url. Anyway it was on freddyshouse under bard spec.

Gnefner
Warder

Postby Gnefner » Apr 30, 2016 18:31

Ya well, Bard and Druid aren't exactly the same.. So if you want a Druid, forget the post you read.

Also, what HoT? Druids don't get HoT..
Buller, 50 Shaman
Bullerm, up and comming RM..
<Nolby Pride>

Jerrian
Phoenix Knight

Postby Jerrian » Apr 30, 2016 21:53

Hmm, I think you ´re mixing up classes, the warden can spec weapons and later on patches he got a HOT, wardens were meant to use no points in a weapon line with TOA because they got the better buffshear styles from the masterlevel line and it makes no real difference in damage/hitchance if points are done in the weapon line because it ´s not listed as a tank= low weaponskill.

Druid is meant to be the healer in Hibernia, there are some solo druids that have focused on buffs and pet as a duel character, but they are rare and not like to be seen in group rvr. When a druid in grp rvr pulls out his weapon something is going bad and damn wrong usually.

If you aiming for solo rvr or as a hybrid players,- I would better suggest a warden for that, it fits better your imagination.
But the warden on Uthgard 2.0 differs from your mind, it ´s not as powerful as it was at the trial of atlantis times and later on as they got shieldspecc and so on but still fun class to play.

Kedann
Warder

Postby Kedann » May 01, 2016 11:57

For the HoT thing I was just throwing out an example. I didn't really play a healer till I left DAoC. I was just giving an example of what I had done as a healer in other games.

Jerrian-Thanks for the advice. As I stated earlier I did get the classes mixed up. I was doing some research to see which Hibernia class I wanted to play first and be my main. I had no idea about Hibernia since I played Midgard only. And I just played till shortly after the release of ToA and went to EQ2 or Wow. Can't remember which one I went to first after ToA. I was a pretty decent healer there and as I get back into the groove of things here hopefully I'll be just as well.

Sztyk
Myrmidon

Postby Sztyk » May 01, 2016 13:24

Kedann wrote:For the HoT thing I was just throwing out an example. I didn't really play a healer till I left DAoC. I was just giving an example of what I had done as a healer in other games.

Jerrian-Thanks for the advice. As I stated earlier I did get the classes mixed up. I was doing some research to see which Hibernia class I wanted to play first and be my main. I had no idea about Hibernia since I played Midgard only. And I just played till shortly after the release of ToA and went to EQ2 or Wow. Can't remember which one I went to first after ToA. I was a pretty decent healer there and as I get back into the groove of things here hopefully I'll be just as well.

what you can do in other games is completely the opposite of what you can do in daoc in many cases. in said you get interrupted while moving/being attacked/attacking yourself.

so forget about wildly jumping around your target throwing casts out, healing at the same time and dishing out high amounts of dps as a support/utility style character.

think about what role you want to play and best think about doing what that class is supposed to do, not a melee oriented druid or nuke spamming stealther. that's just not what daoc is about :(

you're kinda looking for a wow shaman whit what you posted thus far. which does (THANK GOD) not exist in classic daoc

Previous

Return to Druid