Champion Specs

SpaceTouareg
Warder

Postby SpaceTouareg » Feb 07, 2018 13:11

Jerrian wrote:Full hybrid

40 Valor: second best str/con buff,- the difference in UT between 40 and 50 valor is too small to go for 50 valor in my opinion, ofc it ´s nice to have better debuffs and a better str/con buff but how big is the difference for real? I tried 40 and 50 valor and 40 is good enough imo. Also you don ´t need the longer lasting 42 snare urgentl.

29 1hand weapon: with + 11 skill good enough to land some hits while fighting in 1hand modus, weapon type matter of choice, as luri and elf I would take pierce, as celt blunt or sword

42 Shield: anytimeslam and still good blockrate, all said.

39 LW: With +11 skill you hit the 50 soft cap, the 50 style is nice but only medium damage too, for stun you got 42 shield and you re not hindered by back-position to use it.

9 Parry: rest

Well, I played champions on Uth1 and live, never tried that specc but probably would give it a try :-) .
As champ is a hybrid char by nature it ´s nice to have much options for it I guess. This specc is good for duels and viable in groups (haha,good luck find one as a champ) too I would say, specially with higher RR. Even if I think elf and luri champions are stylish, I would strongly recommend celt for that spec or if you want to specc LW anyway.

(sorry for my English, it s not my "mother langage")
I play actually this "full hybrid" spec
And , sorry for that, but it s crappy
Of course u ve got all of the tools , the shield slam give u nice opportunities
But it s cost you the last dd, debuf and self buff of Valor
And , in fact, you realized that this lack of Valor is terrible ,
In clear , YOU NEED IT TO WIN !! period!
With that spec, you re always "closed to win" but at the end, you eat dust cause you don t have this little more dps you would need to stay on your feet
I m gonna make some pp to buy a respec stone and go this spec :
- 39 LW
- 42 Shield
- 50 VALOR !!!!
- rest between Parry and blunt

(and i m agreed, Champion is a great class!!)

Telcontar
Warder

Postby Telcontar » Mar 26, 2018 23:08

Full hybrid spec is too high skill.

Go ezmode like me and just go 50 LW, 50 Valor, 28 Parry.

In extensive duelling tests, I consistently outperform other champions with this spec as opposed to others who have the hybrid spec.

(only duelling one other champ, but I beat her 6 times in a row and never lost once! )
Realm points for door repairs, that's all I want!

Jerrian
Phoenix Knight

Postby Jerrian » Apr 28, 2018 09:10

SpaceTouareg wrote:
Jerrian wrote:Full hybrid

40 Valor: second best str/con buff,- the difference in UT between 40 and 50 valor is too small to go for 50 valor in my opinion, ofc it ´s nice to have better debuffs and a better str/con buff but how big is the difference for real? I tried 40 and 50 valor and 40 is good enough imo. Also you don ´t need the longer lasting 42 snare urgentl.

29 1hand weapon: with + 11 skill good enough to land some hits while fighting in 1hand modus, weapon type matter of choice, as luri and elf I would take pierce, as celt blunt or sword

42 Shield: anytimeslam and still good blockrate, all said.

39 LW: With +11 skill you hit the 50 soft cap, the 50 style is nice but only medium damage too, for stun you got 42 shield and you re not hindered by back-position to use it.

9 Parry: rest

Well, I played champions on Uth1 and live, never tried that specc but probably would give it a try :-) .
As champ is a hybrid char by nature it ´s nice to have much options for it I guess. This specc is good for duels and viable in groups (haha,good luck find one as a champ) too I would say, specially with higher RR. Even if I think elf and luri champions are stylish, I would strongly recommend celt for that spec or if you want to specc LW anyway.

(sorry for my English, it s not my "mother langage")
I play actually this "full hybrid" spec
And , sorry for that, but it s crappy
Of course u ve got all of the tools , the shield slam give u nice opportunities
But it s cost you the last dd, debuf and self buff of Valor
And , in fact, you realized that this lack of Valor is terrible ,
In clear , YOU NEED IT TO WIN !! period!
With that spec, you re always "closed to win" but at the end, you eat dust cause you don t have this little more dps you would need to stay on your feet
I m gonna make some pp to buy a respec stone and go this spec :
- 39 LW
- 42 Shield
- 50 VALOR !!!!
- rest between Parry and blunt

(and i m agreed, Champion is a great class!!)

Telcontar wrote:Full hybrid spec is too high skill.

Go ezmode like me and just go 50 LW, 50 Valor, 28 Parry.

In extensive duelling tests, I consistently outperform other champions with this spec as opposed to others who have the hybrid spec.

(only duelling one other champ, but I beat her 6 times in a row and never lost once! )

Well, I ´m playing a champ right now as it is my fate to play one since I´m playing daoc. ,-) Specc really depends what you wanna do with the champ, as mentioned in my specc suggestion you don ´t lose fights if you go 40 or 50 valor, these missing 10 points are only small numbers in fact of value of debuff or DD damage, selfbuff. So when you lose fights it has moreover other reasons. Champ starts to shine in duels when having a bit RR to effeort IP and purge, until then you having hard times.
Ofc it ´s nice to have best things from that valor line, but especially in grp rvr it ´s not really noticeable as it would be a bit more important when having 1vs1 fights. But your spec is decent too and should work.

Still, I´m not sure about the damage variance when going 39 LW here, it was imho a bug on uth1 as the damage between single hits really differs even if you got the 50 LW with items or RR.

The problem with the full LW-Parry specc is, that you lose the stun, and oportunity for the Def boost while switching shortly back to shield after you hit with your lw and wait for hit timer for your slow slow weapon. As duels are very rare here, you might not miss the shield but overall it takes you away much utility for different game situations.
Also you might get big trouble with that specc against melee oppopnents who have a better defence then you, but dealing similar or more damage like other shield specced tanks on equal terms like RR, gear etc. Also Assas destroyed me with that specc until I specced to hybrid. I would not recommend it, but it ´s also a often used champ specc.

Previous

Return to Champion