Weapon speed Slow is best?

Skeg
Warder

Postby Skeg » Oct 31, 2017 01:11

So reading through forums I see slowest weapon possible for main hand, nothing mentioned for offhand.

I assume slow offhand too, is this correct.

SO being a BLunt BM

MH= Arcanite Exceptional Mace (4.2 spd)
OH= Arcanite exceptional Hammer (3.4 spd)

Does this look correct?

Thanks
Uthgard------------------------Original- Hib-Gawaine
Rivet-BM-----------------------Sugaree- Ranger
Cyanescens- Ani--------------Greenburg-Chanter

silenced
Phoenix Knight

Postby silenced » Oct 31, 2017 03:32

Best = getting close to swing-speed-cap while being buffed or unbuffed, depending on situation. Including haste-buffs and so on.

Let me throw this in here: http://web.archive.org/web/200503051931 ... Speed_Calc

Get going!
Albion Forever!

Skeg
Warder

Postby Skeg » Oct 31, 2017 03:57

Thank you for the response. That was not an expected answer, Interesting though.

Using that calculator.

I am Celt and put 10 into Quick so at 50 I will be 145 quick. Best I can hope for while RvRing is Yellow haste (17%).

With 4.2 spd =actual swing speed 2.9 (R-hand) with Dual Wield speed 2.62

With fastest mace (2.6 spd) =actual and dual Wield spd of 1.79

Neither of them hit the cap of 1.5 seconds

ZeeZee
Warder

Postby ZeeZee » Oct 31, 2017 10:13

Skeg wrote:Thank you for the response. That was not an expected answer, Interesting though.

Using that calculator.

I am Celt and put 10 into Quick so at 50 I will be 145 quick. Best I can hope for while RvRing is Yellow haste (17%).

With 4.2 spd =actual swing speed 2.9 (R-hand) with Dual Wield speed 2.62

With fastest mace (2.6 spd) =actual and dual Wield spd of 1.79

Neither of them hit the cap of 1.5 seconds

Hi,

Need to clarify some things :

Have you calculated buffed or unbuffed ? you aim 145 quickness at 50 but this is unbuffed stat,
and even if you go solo you can still add +51/75 to this value by using alchemy pots or item charges.

Just asking because i made the calculation w/wo and this is really different than your result writted before.

here my calculation :

MH = 4.2
OH = 2.6
Quickness = 220 (145+75)
Spell haste = 17

= 1.73 DW Swing Speed

1.73 is not 1.5 but it's pretty close to, and there is other tools to increase your swing speed, like MoA and aug quickness RAs.

Now without buff (145 quickness) with the same weapons speed and haste loadout i got 2.1 DW Swing Speed.
This is not bad but not sure it's viable in all situations.

So i suggest you to get a 3.8 Right Hand Blunt in your bag in addition with the 4.2 one to switch when needed.

(Keep in mind that even if you are fully buffed, an ennemy can debuff you quickness, haste etc.. )

Conclusions :

Actualy you don't have other choices than use a 2.6 offhand speed..
because even with the fastest offhand + fully buffed with haste you still not cap swing speed.

You could ask me why not use a faster right hand/slower offhand setup like 3.8/3.4 instead of 4.2/2.6 suggested before.
This is just because DW/CD mechanic is more focused on the Main Hand damage, compared to LA, DW/CD offhand swing can miss where LA offhand will always hit if you success your overall swing.
But finaly all these specs are balanced by the followup fact : CD/DW right hand will always do more dmg than LA right hand (according to same weapon speed, skills in weapons, stats etc.. of course)

here an In-depth knowledge paper about DW/CD/LA mechanics :

http://talsyra.tripod.com/daocmechanics ... nics.html#

pweet
Lion Knight

Postby pweet » Oct 31, 2017 10:43

as others said, slowest mainhand, fasted offhand cause of celtic dual mechanics.

Skeg
Warder

Postby Skeg » Oct 31, 2017 17:35

Thank you so much for that link. Wow that was some detailed testing. I now understand and appreciate the help.

Conclusion yes, will carry 2 different MH weapons for fully buffed vs not.

pweet
Lion Knight

Postby pweet » Oct 31, 2017 18:25

Skeg wrote:Conclusion yes, will carry 2 different MH weapons for fully buffed vs not.

Your conclusion is wrong :D
There is no advantage in having a faster MH if you are not buffed.
Only thing that I would say is valid is, if you can get 4styles instead of 3 styles off while u have slamed someone in 1v1 situation.

Use slowest possible MH and fastest possible off hand all the time and you will be fine.
The bigger the difference between MH and offhand while not caping below 1.5sec, the more dps you do with celtic dual.

Caemma
Phoenix Knight

Postby Caemma » Nov 02, 2017 15:18

You guys aren't considering the higher chance to land a full side chain AND the PBT & hit fails (block/parry/evades/not in view/etc.) that occours during RvR... which would drastically reduce your output damage if your final swing speed is "too slow" :?

(Especially with all those albs running cheesy setupts with 2 theurgs lol :bored: )
There was a time when Uthgard 1.0 existed and maaaany toons and arrpees arose... but now:
ImageImageImage

Return to Blademaster