Pierce BM revisited.

slowpoke68
Myrmidon

Postby slowpoke68 » Feb 23, 2017 23:55

Wondering now that server has been live for sometime and there are 50s running around, if anyone is going pierce instead of slash for RVR. I understand slash is considered better due to slower mainhands being available. Wondering if in practice if anyone is liking pierce better because of plus on chain healers.

Thanks.

Adaom
Warder

Postby Adaom » Mar 04, 2017 12:06

It is quite nice . It really depends on your playstyle in the RvR grp , if you are gonna mainly stick supporter as a BM i would suggest for the pierce spec.

taylorgang
Myrmidon

Postby taylorgang » Mar 05, 2017 09:36

to be honest i havent come across many BM's that are even slash spec.. Ive only seen pierce
Uthgard 1.0:
Taylorgang - Hero

Genesis:
Elf- Hero
Kurbsen - Bard

Uthgard 2.0:
Kiluk - Bard
Jerk - NS

Uzkrak
Myrmidon

Postby Uzkrak » Mar 05, 2017 15:17

pierce or crush are running around mostly

Ozean
Warder

Postby Ozean » Mar 17, 2017 14:32

I've RvRed a lot with pierce, I'm actually doing more damage then I expected, I'm mostly running around in tank groups and assisting down targets. Often against mid tank groups and first targets being shaman/healers unless the tank group has a rm. sometimes it turns into a tank vs tank fight since a lot of mids try and melee train the hib tanks first, I've seen this very often

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikkyo
Warder

Postby mikkyo » Aug 15, 2017 18:28

whats the most used spec atm for bm?

blade or pierce?

tweedledumb99
Warder

Postby tweedledumb99 » Aug 15, 2017 22:06

mikkyo wrote:whats the most used spec atm for bm?

blade or pierce?

I'm using blunt, I'm liking it. I don't do 8v8 though.
Hamble (Blademaster)
Hamblepants (Hero)
Nac (naked enchanter/trinket monkey)

Thalien
Phoenix Knight

Postby Thalien » Sep 24, 2017 18:15

How is eu pug rvr these days? Worth to go blades for bers/svg or better go pierce for overall better dmg table?
Fabienne - Blademaster
Junia - Bard
Audrina - Ench
-----
Zoe - Sorc
Stella - Pala
Devon - Scout

Aeritas
Warder

Postby Aeritas » Jun 26, 2018 06:04

Ozean wrote:I've RvRed a lot with pierce, I'm actually doing more damage then I expected, I'm mostly running around in tank groups and assisting down targets. Often against mid tank groups and first targets being shaman/healers unless the tank group has a rm.

I hear this a lot lately and am curious as to how it works. Every (successful) tank group I have been in killed the mid light tanks first while support interrupted. Swapping sides with 3 or 4 zerker/savages/warriors has never ended well, for me anyhow. I go on a diseased/stunned/mezzed/ooe/rooted field trip (all it takes is the disease) while they murder my support. There have been rare exceptions like on like a good inc, or a shaman/runie/bd way out of position, where we would kill one of them first.

The target priority I learned here (for a tank group) was mid light tanks and alb casters. That is why I went blades. 90% of the time if I am beating on something wearing chain the fight is already over.

Aelred
Myrmidon

Postby Aelred » Jun 26, 2018 20:40

You are right, Aeritas. The rule of thumb is that you prioritize killing/controlling the enemy damage dealers. However, players make mistakes and, if a Shaman gets overly aggressive and puts themself in a vulnerable position without their team's support, it can provide an opportunity for an easy kill.

While Ozean's tactic wouldn't do well in high level 8v8, Uthgard provides enough casual PUG v. PUG battles that you can get away with prioritizing enemy support pretty often.

You do need to keep their support controlled (through CC and interrupts), but only so that you can kill damage dealers easier. The fight is over when their damage is dead, not their support.

That being said, 99% of the time, Blades vs Pierce will not determine the outcome of a fight, and you can probably just stick with whichever suits your playstyle/aesthetic preferences.

Aeritas
Warder

Postby Aeritas » Jun 26, 2018 23:23

Yeah spec whatever you want for sure. They are all effective. The tactic described is one that I have heard A LOT here lately in hib tank groups and was honestly curious as to how it would work.

p.s. What time do the mid casual 8 mans run? :)

That would be a refreshing change from the RR9+ pain train.

Return to Blademaster