RA path to RR5

Falken
Gryphon Knight

Postby Falken » Dec 10, 2016 12:14

Pretty sure I want to be det 5, purge, prevent flight @ RR5 and then start in on Aug Dex/MoP for some sweet dps increases. I guess that is fairly standard, anybody doing anything differently?

Thinking: Det 4 > Purge > Prevent Flight > Det 5 by RR5, maybe Det 5 then PF. Any other path seem sound or logical to anybody else?
Hib - Falken (BM) / Sneakster (NS) / Kalfen (Enchanter) - Currently Inactive

Alb - Djfalken (Minstrel) - Inactive

Mid - Tooeasynothanks

Feuille
Gryphon Knight

Postby Feuille » Dec 10, 2016 12:38

det4 > purge > prevent f. > det5

playfull
Myrmidon

Postby playfull » Dec 16, 2016 07:25

is prevent flight really worth it?

isocleas2
Gryphon Knight

Postby isocleas2 » Dec 16, 2016 08:22

For dual wield classes prevent flight its pretty amazing, especially for mercs who lack back snare.

Damsjp
Warder

Postby Damsjp » Dec 18, 2016 23:51

some info about PF :
- You can PF only if you target is moving
- Don't give any immune
- Can be stack with snare but doesn't change the run speed of the target (so "snare +pf " don't change anything compare to just "snare" in term of speed)
- PF is not break by bleeding and hit compare to normal "snare".

One reflexion :
- The best dmg combo for BM : Icestorm -> Tempest -> Supernova
Tempest makes bleeding your target for 40sec, so you give your target the ability to break cc : snare/mez/root for 40sec.
Plus, this chain starts from Icetorm, which is side style. You will use it on a target stun most of the time which mean no PF while your target is not moving.

With knowing that...
You choose to spamming your SnowShower (snare) then PF is kind of really limited interest.
You choose to use your chain with knowing what you give to your target, in this case PF is recommand. (but you still take a risk, plus, if you get peel your turn and your target leaves with bleeding and no pf, you fail.)
Twitch Damsjp Uth 2.0
Tydowen | Paladin | Uth 1.0
Dralek | Hero | Genesis

buddhazeng
Warder

Postby buddhazeng » Dec 28, 2016 02:43

At RR 3 lw 2 det 4 and purge at RR 4 same ras just add det 5 after that ill go DPS Ras or trip on bm.

14 points for PF when you have a CD style back snare is not worth it for a Bm trip has stronger utility then PF FOR A BM imo. but the same might not hold true for zerker/mercs who dont get a back snares from DW or LA styles making PF something mercs/zerkers rush to get sooner then later. The cost is for trip is also 10 points and is on a 15 min cool down.

i like going dps Ras because BMs have the most utility of all light tanks in the game, with back snares in CD and side snares in blades and piercing and shield spec getting that slam
Buddhazeng

Kazyo
Myrmidon

Postby Kazyo » Dec 28, 2016 07:02

Hi Buddha <3

buddhazeng
Warder

Postby buddhazeng » Dec 28, 2016 18:33

Kazyo wrote:Hi Buddha <3

Hey Kaz i don't think ill be a hib, going to make a RM :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:
<3
Buddhazeng

isocleas2
Gryphon Knight

Postby isocleas2 » Dec 28, 2016 19:33

As others have already recommended i'd get det 5, purge, and lw 2 before prevent flight. Also I wouldn't bother with trip it seems to be a pretty weak/breakable snare that costs too many points for what you get.

Der_Eisbaer
Eagle Knight

Postby Der_Eisbaer » Jan 07, 2017 16:56

Condisidering the built-in rear snare after Det V / LW II / Purge I would aim for Dodger III or IV: Together with Advanced Evade the enemy slam /peel tanks will find it surprisingly difficult to land a slam or a snare. 8)

Wicon
Warder

Postby Wicon » Feb 27, 2017 15:19

Damsjp wrote:some info about PF :
- You can PF only if you target is moving
- Don't give any immune
- Can be stack with snare but doesn't change the run speed of the target (so "snare +pf " don't change anything compare to just "snare" in term of speed)
- PF is not break by bleeding and hit compare to normal "snare".

One reflexion :
- The best dmg combo for BM : Icestorm -> Tempest -> Supernova
Tempest makes bleeding your target for 40sec, so you give your target the ability to break cc : snare/mez/root for 40sec.
Plus, this chain starts from Icetorm, which is side style. You will use it on a target stun most of the time which mean no PF while your target is not moving.

With knowing that...
You choose to spamming your SnowShower (snare) then PF is kind of really limited interest.
You choose to use your chain with knowing what you give to your target, in this case PF is recommand. (but you still take a risk, plus, if you get peel your turn and your target leaves with bleeding and no pf, you fail.)

I was having this conversation with a BM last night and agree that a well played BM doesn't need PF in competitive Rvr. It might be worth it if solo/small manning though

Return to Blademaster