Spec and SC questions

zedwik321
Warder

Postby zedwik321 » May 20, 2016 00:09

Ok so on launch I will be rolling an animist to farm for my BM. I have questions about BM level 50 skill/RA spec and also SC:

So for spec I'm looking at 50/42/39 or 50/39/39 (split spec/damage). Now they both have pros and cons but my question regards price: would it cost alot more to SC a split spec? Also, are the two best damage types in a split spec slash/pierce? Those two cover the light tanks and supports of both realms.

RA: since CD has a back snare already (and if one trains 42 shield for slam) is Prevent Flight necessary? I never played a light tank back then.

Thanks in advanced. I'll probably have more questions if I find someone who knows their stuff.

Der_Eisbaer
Eagle Knight

Postby Der_Eisbaer » May 22, 2016 13:16

My preferred spec is a follows:

- 50 Celtic Dual: trivial

- 42 Shield: for slam; plus some reliable defense in PvE-situations and solo-RvR-situations

- 34 Weapon: +11 from SC and +3 when you ding 4L0 (which is done pretty quick) your weapon skill is 48 which is more than sufficient; for weapon type I highly prefer Piercing Weapons for several reasons given in this thread:

http://www.uthgard.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=36925

- 20 Parry: On the first view this looks like a lot and rises the question if these points should not be spent somewhere else; but if you look closer there is no actual benefit in spending these points somewhere else:
Adding these points to your chosen weapon is only useful if you are planning to regularly afflict your opponents with one-handed damage, something highly unlikely for a Blademaster.
Adding these points to shield will increase it from 42 to 46 with almost no benefit at all.
BUT adding these points to parry will bolster you defense in PvE-situations and solo-RvR-situations: combined with evade III (and 2 or 3 levels of Dodger-RA) and your shield spec this will provide you with a very good defense towards physical attacks

Regarding Prevent Flight:

As you already stated yourself there is a back snare in the Celtic Dual chain so a Blademaster does not really benefit from PF especially compared to it costing you 14 realm rank points.

pirhana7
Myrmidon

Postby pirhana7 » May 24, 2016 17:45

zedwik321 wrote:Ok so on launch I will be rolling an animist to farm for my BM. I have questions about BM level 50 skill/RA spec and also SC:

So for spec I'm looking at 50/42/39 or 50/39/39 (split spec/damage). Now they both have pros and cons but my question regards price: would it cost alot more to SC a split spec? Also, are the two best damage types in a split spec slash/pierce? Those two cover the light tanks and supports of both realms.

RA: since CD has a back snare already (and if one trains 42 shield for slam) is Prevent Flight necessary? I never played a light tank back then.

Thanks in advanced. I'll probably have more questions if I find someone who knows their stuff.

My first question is do you plan on mainly being a 8v8 group BM? If yes then a slam BM is a good idea as parry will do nothing for you. I will say that most people would say you are better off with a slam/ spear hero tho as your survivabiliy is greater and your positional spear damage is big and close to that of CD postionals. Spear and CD both have a snare from behind but the spear style is actually more damage. CD has much more damage output for its anytime styles face to face but thats not a factor when your slamming your target and doing positionals in 8man.

Now If you will be more about the small skirmishes and solo fighting or duels i would suggest no shield at all. most of these fight will have more time inbetween and the enemy will usually have purge up for shield slam. This completely takes away the points of your 42 spec points in shield. For this reason you would be much better off with those points in parry allowing you to avoid damage as well as parry chains depending on your spec. For this reason you could go 50/50/28 if you are blunt for the big long 50 blunt style parry stun or go 50 / composit 51 weapo/ rest high parry.

zedwik321
Warder

Postby zedwik321 » May 27, 2016 08:01

I'm definitely going for a group/small man oriented build. Need lots of utility. How crazy does this spec sound?

39CD / 34p / 34s / 42sh /14pry (grow into this by RR5)

or

44CD / 36p / 36s / 35sh / 7pry

I wonder if slam is absolutely required for shield spec. 35 shield gets you an 8sec side stun and 6sec back stun.. for a crazy high RR spec:

50cd / 32b / 32p / 35sh / 6pry

Split damage in all the builds. Is split + shield too much item swapping? With the first builds you lose roughly 5-6% chance to hit with both weapons, but of course gain more damage types.

barto22
Phoenix Knight

Postby barto22 » May 27, 2016 09:54

Depending on what other classes you are running with, 42 shield can be a massive factor. If you are running with a hero or other melee then perhaps not quite so essential.

Also, if you are running with other melee it may be wise to look at the 39 slash style.

Just a couple of things to look at when you're deciding what to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My mind’s made up, don’t confuse me with facts.
You mustn't assume that your personal situation is a reflection of every other person that has logged in to Uthgard.

morry1000
Gryphon Knight

Postby morry1000 » Aug 02, 2016 14:33

What about:

50 CD
34 Blades (composite 50 at RR6)
34 Pierce (composite 50 at RR6)
23 Shield (Paralyze / 6 sec rear stun)
21 Parry (vs dual wielders?)

Is it spreading your pts too thinly therefore losing effectiveness?

You would have 23 +11 shield / 21 +11 parry / advanced evade 3 (with dodger potentially) as defense (not including RR's / MoB etc).

Bearing in mind you will be using CD styles almost exclusively, would the reality mean too much swapping (of weapons / shield etc) ? Plus it would also mean you would need an encyclopedic knowledge of all armour types etc? :grin:

Or is Slam genuinely all that?

Just had another thought, would making the template for the above be all but impossible? :wall:

Would like to try something different from standard cookie cutter, even if that makes me an 8vs8 outcast :)

barto22
Phoenix Knight

Postby barto22 » Aug 02, 2016 16:05

morry1000 wrote:What about:

50 CD
34 Blades (composite 50 at RR6)
34 Pierce (composite 50 at RR6)
23 Shield (Paralyze / 6 sec rear stun)
21 Parry (vs dual wielders?)

Is it spreading your pts too thinly therefore losing effectiveness?

You would have 23 +11 shield / 21 +11 parry / advanced evade 3 (with dodger potentially) as defense (not including RR's / MoB etc).

Bearing in mind you will be using CD styles almost exclusively, would the reality mean too much swapping (of weapons / shield etc) ? Plus it would also mean you would need an encyclopedic knowledge of all armour types etc? :grin:

Or is Slam genuinely all that?

Just had another thought, would making the template for the above be all but impossible? :wall:

Would like to try something different from standard cookie cutter, even if that makes me an 8vs8 outcast :)

I'd say you were probably gimping yourself with that spec, even if only slightly. I'm not sure how defensive RA's are going to help you when there is very little chance (unless you solo) that you will be battling head-on with another tank. You priority targets mostly wont even be attacking you back in melee.

As for shield, slam is pretty essential IMO. It's both offensive and defensive and an any-timer, giving it a major edge over paralyse.

The OP mentioned smallman but as a general spec I'd swing towards 50 CD, 39 Pierce, 42 Shield, 6 Parry.
You mustn't assume that your personal situation is a reflection of every other person that has logged in to Uthgard.

Kaziera
Gryphon Knight

Postby Kaziera » Aug 05, 2016 07:16

Piece will gimp you. Having only 3.9 weaps as highest crafted Swing Speed will overcap you even if you run a firb without starting qui

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk

barto22
Phoenix Knight

Postby barto22 » Aug 05, 2016 08:28

Pierce won't gimp you. It's literally the only spec you should be going for if you want to maximise you char.

762totheface
Myrmidon

Postby 762totheface » Aug 07, 2016 07:46

barto22 wrote: ...............
As for shield, slam is pretty essential IMO. It's both offensive and defensive and an any-timer, giving it a major edge over paralyse.

The OP mentioned smallman but as a general spec I'd swing towards 50 CD, 39 Pierce, 42 Shield, 6 Parry.

^^^
Good stuff.

Only really a couple things to contemplate differently at early RR for flavor:

44 CD/44 pierce/42 shield/13 parry
39 CD/39 pierce/50 shield/16 parry

barto22
Phoenix Knight

Postby barto22 » Aug 07, 2016 08:57

Perhaps. But 50 cd style is pretty powerful so don't just disregard it. Your class is a pure dps after all.

Return to Blademaster