Amnesia's uses in RvR

Phosphorus
Warder

Postby Phosphorus » Apr 21, 2017 14:51

Hi, just wondering what I can do with Amnesia in RvR.

Tooltip says it doesnt rupt but negates active spells. Does that apply to a DoT for example? Can you give me some examples of things it negates.

I've heard it's great against Theurg pets because they lose their target and die but haven't got a chance to test it. Any other uses?

Andreas
Warder

Postby Andreas » Apr 22, 2017 15:40

Enemy does nothing
amnesia hits
Enemy can cast

Enemy does nothing
Rupt hit
Enemy cant cast and must wait some seconds

Enemy is casting
amnesia hits
Spell is canceld
Enemy can cast a new cast

Enemy is casting
Rupt hit
Spell is canceld

If u play a bard for example and u run against a sorc the sorc can cast her mezz earlier because she has a longer range. While the sorc is casting the bard break the cast with amnesia and run to her to come in range and insta mezz her.

Dromina
Myrmidon

Postby Dromina » Apr 23, 2017 14:10

Andreas wrote:Enemy does nothing
amnesia hits
Enemy can cast

Enemy does nothing
Rupt hit

Enemy is casting
amnesia hits
Spell is canceld
Enemy can cast a new cast

Enemy is casting
Rupt hit
Spell is canceld

If u play a bard for example and u run against a sorc the sorc can cast her mezz earlier because she has a longer range. While the sorc is casting the bard break the cast with amnesia and run to her to come in range and insta mezz her.

Addition: it is also possible to cast mezz the sorc despite their range and castspeed advantages with the correct use of both instant amnesias. inc > sorc starts casting at bolt range > before cast is finished use first instant amnesia > you and sorc then start mezzing near simultaniously > use second instant amnesia midcast > your mezz hits (and your cast aoe mezz also lasts a lot longer than the instant mezz vs sorcs red mezz reduction)

Zappo
Eagle Knight

Postby Zappo » Apr 25, 2017 14:02

Also, amnesia does nothing to theurg pets. What you re.referring to is your Confusion spell. When it lands (resist rate quite high i figured) it immediatly kills the theurg pet it is casted on.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I8160 mit Tapatalk

Caemma
Phoenix Knight

Postby Caemma » Apr 27, 2017 20:37

Another important addition to its mechanic (correct me if im wrong):

Enemy is casting before its half(?) cast preparation
amnesia hits
Spell is canceld
Enemy can cast a new cast instantly

Enemy is casting faster its half(?) cast preparation
amnesia hits
Spell EFFECT is cancelled but he will finish casting (time loss)
Enemy can cast a new cast after spell preparation finishes (or he has to move 1 step)
There was a time when Uthgard 1.0 existed and maaaany toons and arrpees arose... but now:
ImageImageImage

Chysil
Myrmidon

Postby Chysil » May 04, 2017 19:22

First of all, I've never seen amnesia cancel a spell. How it's always worked on live (granted it might be different here) is that, providing the amnesia lands between the start of the cast and roughly 50%-70% of the cast, the spell cast will finish, but no effect will happen. However, since it doesn't interrupt any qued spell instantly starts. If the amnesia lands too late (after roughly 3/4 of the spell cast) it will do NOTHING.

another 3 important things to remember about amnesia

1 - It breaks mezz - so be careful about spamming the AE after you land a mezz

2 - It works even vs MOC - so if a target mocs, you can still stop some of their casts by using amnesia at the right time

3 - A resisted amnesia will interrupt like any other offensive spell. This is why it's still a good tool to use, and kind of funny that most of the time you would prefer an interrupt to it actually landing.
| Absolute Power |
Chysil - Bard - 3Lx
Fluffykittens - Enchantress - 2Lx
Cercela - Animist - 2Lx
Owanda - Druid - 2Lx
LGM: SC, AC, WC, Tailor

Caemma
Phoenix Knight

Postby Caemma » May 04, 2017 22:22

Chysil wrote:If the amnesia lands too late (after roughly 3/4 of the spell cast) it will do NOTHING.

Maybe that's what you remember?

Because it's not like this, so, let's not put more confusion around :hammer:
There was a time when Uthgard 1.0 existed and maaaany toons and arrpees arose... but now:
ImageImageImage

Chysil
Myrmidon

Postby Chysil » May 05, 2017 00:22

Caemma wrote:
Chysil wrote:If the amnesia lands too late (after roughly 3/4 of the spell cast) it will do NOTHING.

I can say for a fact I've been mezzed when amnesia hit around 3/4 of the way through the cast of the sorc... and this was mid fight and we were all of 200 units away from each other so I'm fairly sure I got the timing right (plus if I got mezzed I wouldn't have been able to amnesia him)

100% this is the way it was on live, and I've seen it on uthgard plenty
| Absolute Power |
Chysil - Bard - 3Lx
Fluffykittens - Enchantress - 2Lx
Cercela - Animist - 2Lx
Owanda - Druid - 2Lx
LGM: SC, AC, WC, Tailor

Exde
Gryphon Knight

Postby Exde » May 30, 2017 18:40

Chysil wrote:
Caemma wrote:

I can say for a fact I've been mezzed when amnesia hit around 3/4 of the way through the cast of the sorc... and this was mid fight and we were all of 200 units away from each other so I'm fairly sure I got the timing right (plus if I got mezzed I wouldn't have been able to amnesia him)

pretty sure you are incorrect sir or madam.
Semi-Quit~ WTB QoL
Exde - Bard
Exdez - Enchanter
Exdee - Druid
RIP <Booted>

Estat
Warder

Postby Estat » Jun 02, 2017 21:59

Chysil wrote:I can say for a fact I've been mezzed when amnesia hit around 3/4 of the way through the cast of the sorc... and this was mid fight and we were all of 200 units away from each other so I'm fairly sure I got the timing right (plus if I got mezzed I wouldn't have been able to amnesia him)

I dont think that is part of Amnesia's mechanic, more like a lag issue. I remember from live mezzing someone (successfully) and getting mezzed by them at the same time.

Gesendet von meinem E5823 mit Tapatalk

Caemma
Phoenix Knight

Postby Caemma » Jul 02, 2017 03:22

Estat wrote:
Chysil wrote:I can say for a fact I've been mezzed when amnesia hit around 3/4 of the way through the cast of the sorc... and this was mid fight and we were all of 200 units away from each other so I'm fairly sure I got the timing right (plus if I got mezzed I wouldn't have been able to amnesia him)

I dont think that is part of Amnesia's mechanic, more like a lag issue. I remember from live mezzing someone (successfully) and getting mezzed by them at the same time.

Gesendet von meinem E5823 mit Tapatalk

Hell, i've seen two people slamming each other couple times.. but it doesn't mean that it's a correct behavior :grin:

Anyway, no way someone who get an amnesia (IN TIME) will be able to successfully land his current cast effect.
If it does, it's a lag issue or a bug.. if you have any video proof of it we would love to see them :!:
ImageImageImage

Return to Bard