Bard Macros

Sniggz
Myrmidon

Postby Sniggz » May 08, 2016 04:59

Hey guys,

Brand new to DAoC. Started a bard up today and got him to 7. Absolutely loving it, but wondering if there is a way to make it so you swap to the proper instrument automatically when playing a song / music. Is there a macro system or something like that? Thanks for any info anybody might have in advance!

Ilerget
Phoenix Knight

Postby Ilerget » May 08, 2016 18:25

put one instru to your 2 hand slot, another one to the ranged slot and bind them to your qbar. This way you can switch intrus easy
It's the thrill of the chase
and I'm coming after you.

casiii
Myrmidon

Postby casiii » May 10, 2016 13:24

I used to have that configuration :
F1 : Two-handed weapon (luth)
F2 : /qbind to speed chant
F3 : Ranged weapon
F4 : /qbind to endurance chant (drum)

^^

Teholdsedare
Warder

Postby Teholdsedare » Jul 06, 2016 07:31

Sniggz wrote:Hey guys,

Brand new to DAoC. Started a bard up today and got him to 7. Absolutely loving it, but wondering if there is a way to make it so you swap to the proper instrument automatically when playing a song / music. Is there a macro system or something like that? Thanks for any info anybody might have in advance!

I remember running my bard for GS raids in summoners hall, and I would basically swap all 3 instruments, (triple twisting power/endo/health regen - and speed if it was needed) and it was a gigantic mouse clicking retardfest. 2 song twisting is cake. I would usually sit at DL and just twist and do nothing else to learn the timing. On retail you were able to utilize spell duration however, so here, you will have to see if the quality of the instruments affects the twisting mechanic.

As far as I am told, this is an issue here, so be prepared for some I HATE DAOC moments when your speed falls while chasing a group at speed 6.
The only people that use signatures with actual information only proves they think they are better then everyone else.
Pweet - Go suck your own. The GMs dont need your sucking.

kemorand
Warder

Postby kemorand » Jul 09, 2016 13:14

For OP, no "macro" per se, just qbinds and whatnot. Qbinds are great since they are available no matter what qbar you're on and whatever you're doing.

If you're into twisting, especially for long grouping and constant pulling (PvE really), I highly recommend that you set up a bar/qbinds just for that and make 20000% sure that your wrist/hand pushing the buttons is very, very comfortable. I also recommend doing a 10 seconds hand/wrist/arm/shoulder/back simple stretching routing every 30 mins if possible, 1 hour at the very least.
May sound stupid or silly but as an old EQ and Daoc constant twisting bard, I assure you it's not...

As another note, been twisting quite a bit lately using the "hand in" instruments and you can twist 2 no problem, skipping the 1 or 2 seconds to spare (for a cast or soemthing) if you want reliability. Haven't been able to check with very high quality stuff for 3 songs twisting yet.

Return to Bard