Want to make an animist? Read this first (Pros/Cons)

Izzt
Myrmidon

Postby Izzt » Nov 06, 2018 09:11

Another nice Patch for all Realms ^^

So if u arent 1.65 anymore.. so plz place Porter in TNN... ist not that hard ist also a Goal from you..

AND plz fix Evern.. becosue ALBS GOT NO CHANCE on any high D/Q Charge !!

Thats much more needed than any other PRO MID nerv on other Realms.. for me its getting more and more to a Midgard Server.. sorry.. that just Fact..

Hib got no str/con 75 Charge.. alb got no Acuty and Dex / qui 75 Charge

there only BAd changes to Hib and Alb in my mind..

Also HEarth of the North Bow no more Dex qui charge.. ^^ thx alot rofl.. Issue 4841 and all other tells the truth.. but your Fix is Wrong.. thx to Nerv all Realms instead of the Strongest one. thumbs up..

And Btw.. ONLY 5 over RR5 Animist Activ already.. and only 10 Exist.. soo animist is the IMBA class of d00m omg..

Ichor 10 Min Timer is more OP than insta lvl 50 shrooms.. if not.. there would be way more High RR animist.. thats only nerv..

Skullbones
Myrmidon

Postby Skullbones » Nov 25, 2018 08:14

I don't play the animist much anymore. He's pretty much a PVE toon now. My update is that animists are still helpful in keep takes and keep defenses, but shrooms being interruptible is a huge nerf.

It's unfortunate that they've been RVR nerfed quite a lot from the tree shroom and insta shroom nerfs, but I'm happy to at least I still have a some videos to remember the good times :D

I play the mentalist now.

Tree
Eagle Knight

Postby Tree » Nov 25, 2018 14:58

I agree. The implementation of the 50% RP nerf with shrooms made me quit RvR almost entirely. Solo was crap because of the stealther bug and in other situations your shrooms just bugged out. Now they dont even instant fire anymore. Thanks for nothing I guess.
Tree - Animist Lvl 50 (RR 3L0, Legendary Tailor)
Aeomelia - Enchanter Lvl 50
Guild: SCHWERT & ROSE (provisional guild leader)

[HIB] Crafting Mat Wholesale
Diamond, Wyvernskin, Nightshade, Eldritch etc. huge quantities below vendor price - pm me!

Plywood
Warder

Postby Plywood » Nov 29, 2018 04:43

Tree wrote: Thanks for nothing I guess.

Well, I played the game very intensely for about 15 months and had a ton of fun. So no matter what happens I have a good memory and that is worth something. Whenever I got frustrated, I always reminded myself that these are people spending a great deal of their valuable time to bring us something for free. For that I am thankful. In the age of In-App Purchases and pay-to-win games taking over and ruining gaming, it was very refreshing to have an option where all players were on level footing based strictly on merit and effort.

The whole thing was worth it just to see those three minstrels melt to my shrooms that time Hermez and the gang was harassing them with the trebuchet.

Tree
Eagle Knight

Postby Tree » Dec 06, 2018 04:28

Well true, poor choice of words on my part. It was just regarding the state of my favorite class the animist.
Would be kinda offtopic to go into another rant on how great the staff and the server and free and bla...
Weve had that more than enough, its all true and anyone who spent a few months here knows. But we also know they dropped the ball along the way and the server is what it is. For me on a pure personal level the main reason I dont play anymore is what they did with the animist. If I didnt have a 50% RP nerf, my 50 turrets would still instant fire and they would get rid of the two major animist turret bugs (randomly stop working and wont attack stealthers) I would play, plain and simple.
Tree - Animist Lvl 50 (RR 3L0, Legendary Tailor)
Aeomelia - Enchanter Lvl 50
Guild: SCHWERT & ROSE (provisional guild leader)

[HIB] Crafting Mat Wholesale
Diamond, Wyvernskin, Nightshade, Eldritch etc. huge quantities below vendor price - pm me!

Anomie
Myrmidon

Postby Anomie » Sep 25, 2019 03:03

With the interruptibility of the Forest's Core (heart) shrooms, their cast time makes them easily neutralised in keep defense by knowledgeable enemy casters. It's likely that two archers with volley could also keep them suppressed. They still work against melee classes because it's not usually crucial for them to insta cast and most melee attacks hit and interrupt only one target at a time.
I haven't tested against stealthers in a long time so i can't comment helpfully on issue #2273 yet. What is interesting is that the issue existed in the past with both lvl 50 and lower level hearts as well as the controllable main pet. I was jumped by enough stealthers in DF starting around lvl 35 all the way up to 50 back before i was recording chatlogs, so i know the issue was valid. Sometimes none of my shrooms fired, sometimes just one or two. Never all of them.

While it's true that careful placement of shrooms makes this class powerful in keep warfare and ambushing meleers, the disadvantages in other areas must be taken into account when comparing to other classes. The lifetap, for instance, is a pretty fast spell at 2.5 sec delve, but it is the weakest lifetap in the game, not counting the instas from BD and Reaver. And if you add in those two classes' other dmg output options when in similar one vs. one scenarios, the Animist's MOC lifetap pales. Also the animist's pets are most likely either not up (being stationary) or not functional in that moment.

In addition to what was mentioned about the visibility of the pets drawing often-ignorant criticism, if you're thinking about playing one, you should also be ready for plenty of hate-speech and rude emotes if you actually use them for what they were designed for in RvR. All three realms have keep defense advantages, but Hibernia is the one that gets hated for using it, possibly because it's the only one with a culture of keep defense. :idea:

In retrospect, one of the biggest factors in my current moderate satisfaction with the Animist as my 'main', is that the tree people are the only not-ugly SI race, and they make perfectly good Animists. (Celt has slightly better dex which is a big deal for sure, but Sylvan has higher str for farming and keep door repairs, higher int for dmg and power pool, and an extra 5% magic resists built into the race from start as all three SI races do.)
[img]https://uthsig.000webhostapp.com/uthsig.php?myceliumrunning+animists+bawd+rearranger+cowarden+vitamix[/img]

Satiah
Eagle Knight

Postby Satiah » May 29, 2021 11:08

Pretty sure there's a bug when it comes to the radius of the animist spells. The lvl7 castable bladeturn delves for having a 350 radius, but it's nowhere near it. This could also explain why the aoe bumber in the animist arboreal line has such a large dropoff. Shame nothing gets done here anymore.
Satiah | Tuthmes | Dendera | Khufu | Nefertete | Dahshur | Nebetah | Neterbaiu

Previous

Return to Animist