Want to make an animist? Read this first (Pros/Cons)

Tree
Eagle Knight

Postby Tree » Sep 11, 2018 20:37

Well then, for us animists it sucks, but I guess that happens when you call for change. Not everything changed will be reason to celebrate. However I wonder if we could get rid of the 50% RP stolen by shrooms in return. XP is not a problem, but there is no way you can earn double the RP as any other class with your shrooms, its just not possible and the main reason why I stayed away from RvR as long as I did.
Tree - Animist Lvl 50 (RR 3L0, Legendary Tailor)
Aeomelia - Enchanter Lvl 50
Guild: SCHWERT & ROSE (provisional guild leader)

[HIB] Crafting Mat Wholesale
Diamond, Wyvernskin, Nightshade, Eldritch etc. huge quantities below vendor price - pm me!

Satiah
Eagle Knight

Postby Satiah » Sep 11, 2018 21:05

Aswell as bombers not interrupting and pbaoe in the Verdant line (briar spells) should be fixed. I played an animist all those years and never hade my FnF's beeing interrupted, for whatever reason (well besides cc). You ask for a fix, but get a nerf instead. I'm done here.
Satiah | Tuthmes | Dendera | Khufu | Nefertete | Dahshur | Nebetah | Neterbaiu

Tree
Eagle Knight

Postby Tree » Sep 11, 2018 21:19

Satiah wrote:Aswell as bombers not interrupting and pbaoe in the Verdant line (briar spells) should be fixed. I played an animist all those years and never hade my FnF's beeing interrupted, for whatever reason (well besides cc). You ask for a fix, but get a nerf instead. I'm done here.

Yeah its really discouraging. Animists werent in great shape for RvR anyway and this just feels like a punch in the gut. Any chance we could get some compensation in the form of the RP penalty being abolished and some further bug fixing, like shrooms not attacking stealthers e.g.?
Tree - Animist Lvl 50 (RR 3L0, Legendary Tailor)
Aeomelia - Enchanter Lvl 50
Guild: SCHWERT & ROSE (provisional guild leader)

[HIB] Crafting Mat Wholesale
Diamond, Wyvernskin, Nightshade, Eldritch etc. huge quantities below vendor price - pm me!

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » Sep 11, 2018 22:37

As announced, we are working on bug fixes. Expect more fixes to come.

Blue
Developer
Developer

Postby Blue » Sep 11, 2018 23:43

Satiah wrote:Aswell as bombers not interrupting and pbaoe in the Verdant line (briar spells) should be fixed. I played an animist all those years and never hade my FnF's beeing interrupted, for whatever reason (well besides cc). You ask for a fix, but get a nerf instead. I'm done here.

You exaggerate. Couple Animists can even hold an incoming relic raid in check. Shrooms are not underpowered. Especially if the interrupting gets corrected. I hope you are interested in bugfree gameplay as everybody. If I work on a certain feature or bugfix I also check everything around it. That's why you'll see related stuff fixed.

The bugs you mentioned like bomber interrupts are in the queue.

Tree wrote:like shrooms not attacking stealthers e.g.?

Could you please link the tracker issue?
It's done when it's done. Thanks for your patience.
Every bug gets fixed. Sooner or later.

"It is an inescapable law of nature that the amount of satisfaction one gains from achieving something
is related to how hard it is and easy things can only elicit a fleeting superficial sort of pleasure."

Blue says, "you used macro tools or macro keyboard"
Pala says, "i am disabled. and i have a mechanic left hand that can be programed. its hard to play woith one hand"

[Appeal] Bxxxxxxxx: "why is RA first aid cann man i stealth use and not unstealth cann man ra if man use unstealth ?????????"
BannedUser: "i was not using automate game action my hand was fall on keyboard during i was sleep .... i was completly fall on keyboard ..."

Skullbones
Myrmidon

Postby Skullbones » Sep 12, 2018 00:27

Blue wrote:
Tree wrote:like shrooms not attacking stealthers e.g.?

Could you please link the tracker issue?

https://www2.uthgard.net/tracker/issue/2273/

I haven't tried it since the shroom patch, but before it was easy to reproduce in a duel. Try just unstealthing near them. If they behave normally, try perfing the animist near them.

Skullbones
Myrmidon

Postby Skullbones » Sep 12, 2018 00:49

Blue wrote:There is no reason to keep the highest shroom on a different setting. We don't follow the strict 1.65 setting anymore as announced in news and will go with the 1.68 fix.

The shrooms are still very powerful at the moment due to wrong AI (timing), no area restrictions and some GT placement exploits.

Interrupt handling excluded. If the interrupts are lowered to live settings it will not matter much if they are instant or not. We will carefully investigate interrupt handling to be as correct as possible.

Well I don't think people exploiting the ground target is a great reason to nerf the shrooms. What do you mean by wrong AI and no area restrictions? If you mean shrooming in the trees, we're not allowed to do that anymore which IMO was a much bigger nerf than not being instant cast. But I got my fun out of it. Dunno if that was an exploit or not, I hardly played live.

Instant cast matters in solo play. I have outplayed many sorcerers by dropping a shroom at their feet when they are mid cast, therefore interrupting their cast which lets me instantly start lifetapping. There are also fights where you win thanks to shrooms firing instantly, where you would not have lived given another 3 seconds.

BUT, this change does open up benefits given the fact that enemies will now run further into shroom range before being hit by the shrooms. There have been many times that a group of people have turned around when the front guy was instantly 1 shot by shrooms. Or the front guy does a 180 and barely makes it out. With this changed, that whole group (or solo player) is more likely to come very deep into the shroom's range which is a great benefit. If the shrooms can be interrupted easily, then it is certainly a nerf, but if the interrupt issue is fixed then I think it will be a good compensation. It could even be better.

Thank you very much for working on the animist bugs.
Last edited by Skullbones on Sep 12, 2018 01:15, edited 2 times in total.

Skullbones
Myrmidon

Postby Skullbones » Sep 12, 2018 01:04

One thing for Blue or Abydos, could you comment on how close to trees we are allowed to shroom? Can no part of the shroom be inside the tree? Is it alright if the middle (ground target part) of the shroom is out of the tree, but say, 1/3 of the shroom is in the tree? I would assume that this is alright, since I can do this on walls so that a good third of the shroom is inside the wall. Or maybe this is a bug.

The trees also have different models. I play on the model with the skinnier trees. If I shroom close to a tree on my screen, perhaps with the other models, most of the shroom may be inside the tree on other people's screen. Is this an issue? I'd just like to be able to hide my shrooms a bit.

Skullbones
Myrmidon

Postby Skullbones » Sep 21, 2018 05:21

Skullbones wrote:
2) Vent shrooms allow you to navigate easily through PVE mobs because they aggro the vent shroom then go back. A main pet quickly put on passive will act like a vent shroom, but has double the health. The vent shroom can be casted 500 units farther than the main pet. Using this tactic you can get anywhere, including the bottom of summoner's hall solo.

This no longer works well after the recent shroom patch. Mobs will often aggro you after killing the vent / main shroom. Doesn't happen all the time, but does happen a lot now.

Skullbones
Myrmidon

Postby Skullbones » Sep 21, 2018 10:15

Skullbones wrote:
Skullbones wrote:
2) Vent shrooms allow you to navigate easily through PVE mobs because they aggro the vent shroom then go back. A main pet quickly put on passive will act like a vent shroom, but has double the health. The vent shroom can be casted 500 units farther than the main pet. Using this tactic you can get anywhere, including the bottom of summoner's hall solo.

This no longer works well after the recent shroom patch. Mobs will often aggro you after killing the vent / main shroom. Doesn't happen all the time, but does happen a lot now.

Or maybe this was changed previously. It seems like a similar thing happens sometimes when releasing my mentalist pet which hasn't attacked. Sometimes the mobs will run after me which they didn't do awhile back. So not sure when this was changed.

Skullbones
Myrmidon

Postby Skullbones » Sep 26, 2018 04:33

Skullbones wrote:Or maybe this was changed previously. It seems like a similar thing happens sometimes when releasing my mentalist pet which hasn't attacked. Sometimes the mobs will run after me which they didn't do awhile back. So not sure when this was changed.

Disregard this, not sure about this one.

As for the ani, I was noticing the vent issue in dungeons. This issue of the mobs attacking you after they kill the vent used to happen occasionally on Marf ghosts only. But I've been noticing it now in dodens and summoners as well. Haven't tried it in the open world much yet.

Skullbones
Myrmidon

Postby Skullbones » Oct 10, 2018 02:05

Skullbones wrote:
Skullbones wrote:

Dunno what the issue was, but this is working normally again.

Cirath
Gryphon Knight

Postby Cirath » Oct 10, 2018 22:52

I'm just in awe over how skullbones knows more about the nuances of playing an animist than the rest of the server, devs, and probably the original mythic developers combined.

Dude is sick.

Crisp
Warder

Postby Crisp » Oct 14, 2018 16:21

im just wondering why the instant cast "fix" was implemented before the interupt issue is even investigated?
wouldnt it be more balanced and less a punch in the face to hib community (underpopulated, mostly low-mid rr, non relic,not even a fg online in NA time) if these "fixes" would go live togeather?

its pretty clear why ppl see this fix as a big big nerf to one of the anyway most bugged classes.

i loved to play animist since 1.63 when i first came in touch with daoc
anis got shrinked down from there on but anis have never been in such a bad shape than here on uthgard2.0

what are my options in RvR?

cast 5s tangler for roughly 10% mana that root a det5 tank for maybe 4 sec?
hope someone can debuff body in my grp that my bombers do significant dmg if they even hit?
forget that its not 2004 and spam aoe root wisps/aoe ABS debuff wisps for interrupts just to be reminded that this wont happen anytime soon.

if you really want to keep that like it is, for now ill be nr.2 to keep my ani in pve, wont donate more rp's

Plywood
Warder

Postby Plywood » Oct 23, 2018 16:03

Cirath wrote:I'm just in awe over how skullbones knows more about the nuances of playing an animist than the rest of the server, devs, and probably the original mythic developers combined.

Agreed.

PreviousNext

Return to Animist