Want to make an animist? Read this first (Pros/Cons)

Satiah
Eagle Knight

Postby Satiah » Sep 06, 2018 00:33

Skullbones wrote:Oh wow.... I agree that this is a nerf overall in RVR and hasn't made me want to bring the ani out to RVR like I was expecting the fix of this bug to. This fix has made animists better at farming/powerleveling since half of their shrooms don't break every pull, but it is an RVR nerf. What a shame.

Some of the most fun I've had on the animist has been shrooming up the lord room / tower for defense. But the shrooms always get hit with weak GTAOEs and what not so that isn't much of an option anymore. The other fun thing was shrooming up trees which is bannable now. I'll stick with the mentalist for RVR.

If you are farming mobs 1 by 1 perhaps (like yellows/oranges/reds). If it's greens/blues and try to get more mobs then one you got a problem.

Edit: I'm glad the FnF bug got fixed, but we got a nerf which was already fixed in 2016 and now turned back on.

Edit 2: Saying that you'd rather play another class instead of an animist in RvR because it's bugged says enough really.
Satiah | Tuthmes | Dendera | Khufu | Nefertete | Dahshur | Nebetah | Neterbaiu

Skullbones
Myrmidon

Postby Skullbones » Sep 06, 2018 02:32

Satiah wrote:
Skullbones wrote:Oh wow.... I agree that this is a nerf overall in RVR and hasn't made me want to bring the ani out to RVR like I was expecting the fix of this bug to. This fix has made animists better at farming/powerleveling since half of their shrooms don't break every pull, but it is an RVR nerf. What a shame.

Some of the most fun I've had on the animist has been shrooming up the lord room / tower for defense. But the shrooms always get hit with weak GTAOEs and what not so that isn't much of an option anymore. The other fun thing was shrooming up trees which is bannable now. I'll stick with the mentalist for RVR.

If you are farming mobs 1 by 1 perhaps (like yellows/oranges/reds). If it's greens/blues and try to get more mobs then one you got a problem.

Edit: I'm glad the FnF bug got fixed, but we got a nerf which was already fixed in 2016 and now turned back on.

Edit 2: Saying that you'd rather play another class instead of an animist in RvR because it's bugged says enough really.

Yup.

And I was referring to farming yellow-purple mobs. I don't see any reason to farm green-blue mobs.

Is it easier to powerlevel at leps now? Yes, certainly... I tried it out and the shrooms work much better. It's great to be actually able to rely on their ability to fire for 2 minutes. Will it be easier to farm sheeroe strikers/warshades for loot? Definitely. I had one pull in sheeroe awhile back I made 16 shrooms, by the 2nd pull only 8 worked. How do you mass chain pull into a bug like that? The only option was to put up some more shrooms every other pull, and be on close watch incase you accidentally pull 1 extra mob late in the shroom life and you get murdered while most of your shrooms aren't firing.

Multiple times in RVR I would have 3 full manabars of shrooms (~25 shrooms) turn into about 5 working shrooms after they killed a stray green mob. In niche situations it is better in RVR because they won't get broken like that, but overall the non insta-fire is pretty trash.

Satiah
Eagle Knight

Postby Satiah » Sep 06, 2018 02:37

Skullbones wrote:I don't see any reason to farm green-blue mobs.

I do :D

Tree
Eagle Knight

Postby Tree » Sep 06, 2018 09:34

That sucks pretty great. Instant cast fnf was a vital part of 50 RvR and PvE :-(

I didnt feel much motivation to take Tree to RvR because of 50% RP nerf (which was stupid in the first place) and the bug where shrooms dont attack stealthers at all.

Now this recent change is another step in the wrong direction and wont make me play RvR any time soon.
Tree - Animist Lvl 50 (RR 3L0, Legendary Tailor)
Aeomelia - Enchanter Lvl 50
Guild: SCHWERT & ROSE (provisional guild leader)

[HIB] Crafting Mat Wholesale
Diamond, Wyvernskin, Nightshade, Eldritch etc. huge quantities below vendor price - pm me!

Roxxor
Gryphon Knight

Postby Roxxor » Sep 06, 2018 17:25

Bad news for Uthgard Tree. We cannot afford to loose all our Leaders and respecable players.
I hope you remind your decision.
Love
Danke Uthgard für 10 Jahre
Sent: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:01 am
To: Roxxor

If you arent having fun just stop posting. No need to ****** post on the forum. Go outside and enjoy the sunshine.
------------------
I am posting here because i have no fun and tried to rescue Uthgard.
Finally i did it like half of staff, i gave up...

Skullbones
Myrmidon

Postby Skullbones » Sep 10, 2018 01:55

The one good part about a shroom cast time is that there are cases where your shrooms will get two casts off when it would have previously gotten one. For instance with insta shrooms someone can rush around the corner or into a keep and get hit by shrooms and do immediately do a 180... therefore getting hit only once. Now by the time they realize they've been hit once, the second set is casting and should complete its cast.

Thought I'd point that out, but overall it is still a big nerf because it's harder to interrupt enemy casts with them, and it the shrooms themselves are interruptible, especially with any form of aoe... even ichor I'm pretty sure.

Satiah
Eagle Knight

Postby Satiah » Sep 10, 2018 15:03

I've tried raising the topic multiple times, but I'm currently beeing ignored.

Blue
Developer
Developer

Postby Blue » Sep 10, 2018 23:28

The 1.68 fix is intended to be ingame. Theres also investigation on how to lower the interrupt chances, so the shrooms can't be easily interrupted. It was seen on live that they can't be easily interrupted at all times.
It's done when it's done. Thanks for your patience.
Every bug gets fixed. Sooner or later.

"It is an inescapable law of nature that the amount of satisfaction one gains from achieving something
is related to how hard it is and easy things can only elicit a fleeting superficial sort of pleasure."

Blue says, "you used macro tools or macro keyboard"
Pala says, "i am disabled. and i have a mechanic left hand that can be programed. its hard to play woith one hand"

[Appeal] Bxxxxxxxx: "why is RA first aid cann man i stealth use and not unstealth cann man ra if man use unstealth ?????????"
BannedUser: "i was not using automate game action my hand was fall on keyboard during i was sleep .... i was completly fall on keyboard ..."

silenced
Phoenix Knight

Postby silenced » Sep 11, 2018 07:07

Satiah wrote:
Skullbones wrote:I don't see any reason to farm green-blue mobs.

I do :D

All these poor Koalinth. :/ Murderer!
Albion Forever!

Satiah
Eagle Knight

Postby Satiah » Sep 11, 2018 10:36

Blue wrote:The 1.68 fix is intended to be ingame. Theres also investigation on how to lower the interrupt chances, so the shrooms can't be easily interrupted. It was seen on live that they can't be easily interrupted at all times.

So why the step towards 1.68 for the Animist? I thought we where aiming for 1.65. And who is looking, because as far as I know shrooms never could be interrupted, besides by cc.

"It was seen on live that they can't be easily interrupted at all times."

Really? You don't say.

Blue
Developer
Developer

Postby Blue » Sep 11, 2018 19:24

Satiah wrote:And who is looking, because as far as I know shrooms never could be interrupted, besides by cc.

Code: Select all
[19:29:53] You begin casting a Forest's Core spell!
[19:29:55] Slash is attacking you and your spell is interrupted!
[19:29:58] You begin casting a Forest's Core spell!

It happens but it is at a low probability. Not comparable to standard interrupts. (In the chatlog live shows the casts of the pet)

"It is an inescapable law of nature that the amount of satisfaction one gains from achieving something
is related to how hard it is and easy things can only elicit a fleeting superficial sort of pleasure."

Pala says, "i am disabled. and i have a mechanic left hand that can be programed. its hard to play woith one hand"

[Appeal] Bxxxxxxxx: "why is RA first aid cann man i stealth use and not unstealth cann man ra if man use unstealth ?????????"
BannedUser: "i was not using automate game action my hand was fall on keyboard during i was sleep .... i was completly fall on keyboard ..."

Satiah
Eagle Knight

Postby Satiah » Sep 11, 2018 19:28

Blue wrote:
Satiah wrote:And who is looking, because as far as I know shrooms never could be interrupted, besides by cc.

Code: Select all
[19:29:53] You begin casting a Forest's Core spell!
[19:29:55] Slash is attacking you and your spell is interrupted!
[19:29:58] You begin casting a Forest's Core spell!

It happens but it is at a low probability. Not comparable to standard interrupts. (In the chatlog live shows the casts of the pet)

Seems to me like you are trying to summon a lvl50 FnF, not the actual shroom that is firing it's spell.

Edit: still no answer as to why you switched to patch 1.68 for this case all of a sudden.
Last edited by Satiah on Sep 11, 2018 19:33, edited 1 time in total.

Blue
Developer
Developer

Postby Blue » Sep 11, 2018 19:32

Satiah wrote:Seems to me like you are trying to summon a lvl50 FnF, not the actual shroom that is firing it's spell.

I know it looks like that, but the messages are the messages the pet receives. These are forwarded to the caster for some reason. That was changed on live some time ago.

Satiah
Eagle Knight

Postby Satiah » Sep 11, 2018 19:36

Blue wrote:
Satiah wrote:Seems to me like you are trying to summon a lvl50 FnF, not the actual shroom that is firing it's spell.

I know it looks like that, but the messages are the messages the pet receives. These are forwarded to the caster for some reason. That was changed on live some time ago.

Fine. But I'm not sure why you are looking into this. 1.65 the lvl50 FnF hade an insta cast. Now shrooms stop nuking when attacked. Why are you doing this?

Blue
Developer
Developer

Postby Blue » Sep 11, 2018 19:41

There is no reason to keep the highest shroom on a different setting. We don't follow the strict 1.65 setting anymore as announced in news and will go with the 1.68 fix.

The shrooms are still very powerful at the moment due to wrong AI (timing), no area restrictions and some GT placement exploits.

Interrupt handling excluded. If the interrupts are lowered to live settings it will not matter much if they are instant or not. We will carefully investigate interrupt handling to be as correct as possible.

PreviousNext

Return to Animist