Arborial Animist

knobbl
Guardian

Postby knobbl » Feb 23, 2017 13:06

Hey guys,

im switchting to hib and im interested in the arborial animist on uthgard/Patch 1.65?

Is it worth later in RvR ? Is it worth leveling as a arborial bomber with ae bomb ?

I loved the not petting cast bomber with the highest damage, anyone playing it and could say it is worth atm?

Thank you guys :)

Ebenezer
Warder

Postby Ebenezer » Feb 23, 2017 19:30

Arb works fine. You'll be using single target bombers soloing, but AoE bombers are a valuable contribution to an AoE group as well. Bonus, you get to stand back, so you die less than the poor mana elds if you misjudge aggro.

Put 2 points in Creeping. Do it immediately. For soloing in the open, you do not use the controlled pet in your own specline. You use the L2 creeping pet Grove Assailant/Executioner. It does terrible damage, but you don't care, because every nuke (even if it hits for 0, as long as it isn't actually resisted) from the pet comes with a 40% snare. Now you can kite (all but the fastest) mobs without sprinting.

Spec goals.
L05. 4 Arb, 2 Creep
L24. 22Arb, 2-6 Creep, 7Verd
L39. 34Arb(min), 12Creep(min), 7Verd
L50. 50Arb, 18-19 Creep, 7-9Verd.

7verd is to get the first PBT bomber. Look to pick that up about L24 at least, and sooner doesn't hurt (though you delay a specline bomber). Very nice in a PvE tank group, especially one that is short heals. You can switch to support mode and just spam bubble bomber until your healers fall asleep. At 5 power (4 with full focus) per cast, you can do that a LONG time. By L24 with crack3, you literally don't lose power. And your target+2 nearby allies are getting a fresh bubble every ~3 seconds. Or if hybrid-bombing, spam bubble while the tanks grab aggro, then switch to the AoE bombers when the eldritch runs in.

knobbl
Guardian

Postby knobbl » Feb 24, 2017 08:30

thank you :) sounds quite nice ... i will test that :)

FreedomCall
Myrmidon

Postby FreedomCall » Jul 18, 2017 01:45

Ebenezer wrote:Arb works fine. You'll be using single target bombers soloing, but AoE bombers are a valuable contribution to an AoE group as well. Bonus, you get to stand back, so you die less than the poor mana elds if you misjudge aggro.

Put 2 points in Creeping. Do it immediately. For soloing in the open, you do not use the controlled pet in your own specline. You use the L2 creeping pet Grove Assailant/Executioner. It does terrible damage, but you don't care, because every nuke (even if it hits for 0, as long as it isn't actually resisted) from the pet comes with a 40% snare. Now you can kite (all but the fastest) mobs without sprinting.

Spec goals.
L05. 4 Arb, 2 Creep

7verd is to get the first PBT bomber. Look to pick that up about L24 at least, and sooner doesn't hurt (though you delay a specline bomber). Very nice in a PvE tank group, especially one that is short heals. You can switch to support mode and just spam bubble bomber until your healers fall asleep. At 5 power (4 with full focus) per cast, you can do that a LONG time. By L24 with crack3, you literally don't lose power. And your target+2 nearby allies are getting a fresh bubble every ~3 seconds. Or if hybrid-bombing, spam bubble while the tanks grab aggro, then switch to the AoE bombers when the eldritch runs in.

very nice guideline =) thx

Kinjo695
Guardian

Postby Kinjo695 » Jan 15, 2018 01:44

Ebenezer wrote:Arb works fine. You'll be using single target bombers soloing, but AoE bombers are a valuable contribution to an AoE group as well. Bonus, you get to stand back, so you die less than the poor mana elds if you misjudge aggro.

Spec goals.
L05. 4 Arb, 2 Creep

Ok I I tried this on my lvl 13 Animist and the lvl 2 creep pet seems to not snare like you said?

I am confused as most advice seems to be go Arb with main pet only and just farm blues with it (seems to work but its slow)

I was assuming if the creep pet snared as you say then I could lay down turrets and just pull mobs into the main pet and kite them around it until they die. Did not seem to work like that as they weren't snared and I just got hit a lot like I normally would?

trademark
Myrmidon

Postby trademark » Jan 15, 2018 03:20

Kinjo695 wrote:

Spec goals.
L05. 4 Arb, 2 Creep

Ok I I tried this on my lvl 13 Animist and the lvl 2 creep pet seems to not snare like you said?

I am confused as most advice seems to be go Arb with main pet only and just farm blues with it (seems to work but its slow)

I was assuming if the creep pet snared as you say then I could lay down turrets and just pull mobs into the main pet and kite them around it until they die. Did not seem to work like that as they weren't snared and I just got hit a lot like I normally would?

Most snares in this game break upon taking damage, so if the Creeping pet hits and snares, the next successful damage will break that snare. I assume this is true for the Creeping pet as well.

Might explain the behavior you're observing.
Alainna

Kinjo695
Guardian

Postby Kinjo695 » Jan 15, 2018 04:25

Oh ok I did not know they break on dmg, feel silly now

its been a while since I played DAOC and my other chars don't have snares

a snare that breaks on dmg seems a bit of a silly game mechanic IMO, stun sure but snare no

Genedril
Warder

Postby Genedril » Jan 15, 2018 14:01

Kinjo695 wrote:Oh ok I did not know they break on dmg, feel silly now

its been a while since I played DAOC and my other chars don't have snares

a snare that breaks on dmg seems a bit of a silly game mechanic IMO, stun sure but snare no

Stun doesn't break on damage. Mezz, root and snare all do.

Return to Animist