Animist in post Shroom nerf

Roxxor
Gryphon Knight

Postby Roxxor » Feb 06, 2017 23:07

I want to start a discussion how to play Animists without shrooms, because shrooms leech mass of XP from the whole group.
My idea is to specc in Arbo and play as bomber is my solution to deal with the Animist nerf.
Or even play on Verdant and just play with your main pet as bomber and Tank.
What are your thoughts?
Danke Uthgard für 10 Jahre
Sent: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:01 am
To: Roxxor

If you arent having fun just stop posting. No need to ****** post on the forum. Go outside and enjoy the sunshine.
------------------
I am posting here because i have no fun and tried to rescue Uthgard.
Finally i did it like half of staff, i gave up...

Gliss
Myrmidon

Postby Gliss » Feb 06, 2017 23:10

Might as well say it now.....Animists need a free respec due to the nerf.....yep i said it 1st!
Currently playing on Hib/Uthgard: (Blood Feud) 50 Druid Gliss 50, 38 Warden Glliss, 50 Ment Glisseal,

Servers: Guin(Alb), all classic servers, Ywain
Realm: Guin(Alb), Classic(all 3), Ywain(all 3)
Guilds: Guin (Honored Circle, Vilgance),Classic(?),Ywain(SLC)

Characters:
Albs- Alaxx rr5 friar, Lillie rr5 minstrel, Zewky rr5 cleric
Hibs- Gliss rr10 druid, Glisseal rr9 eld, Zewk rr9 Hero, Zewks rr7 Warden
Mids- Glisseal rr6 Shaman,Blue rr6 Skald, Blueback rr6 runemaster

Logy
Warder

Postby Logy » Feb 06, 2017 23:45

Roxxor wrote:I want to start a discussion how to play Animists without shrooms, because shrooms leech mass of XP from the whole group.
My idea is to specc in Arbo and play as bomber is my solution to deal with the Animist nerf.
Or even play on Verdant and just play with your main pet as bomber and Tank.
What are your thoughts?

The bombers are just as much of a pet as the FnF turrets, so they will probably leach XP as well.

Satiah
Eagle Knight

Postby Satiah » Feb 08, 2017 09:27

Bombers don't generate killspam either btw. Was about to issue a tracker, but too much work (ie. not sure what to fill in). Killed 3 mids with the arboreal bombers but neither me nor anyone in my group saw any killspam.
Satiah | Tuthmes | Dendera | Khufu | Nefertete | Dahshur | Nebetah | Neterbaiu

barto22
Phoenix Knight

Postby barto22 » Feb 08, 2017 11:04

Devs broke it and aren't man enough to just revert it. It's not correct and many of us know it. But they still refuse to change if we don't have evidence to back it up. I'd like to know what evidence was used to make this change in the first place. And I don't mean some weird wording that infers this or infers that. I mean a screenshot (not that they are evident enough, apparently) or a patch note with it written in black and white.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My mind’s made up, don’t confuse me with facts.
You mustn't assume that your personal situation is a reflection of every other person that has logged in to Uthgard.

Sachsenjimbo
Warder

Postby Sachsenjimbo » Feb 09, 2017 01:07

Yep, Animist is a joke now.

FnF resist rates WAY too high against yellow / ora con mobs.
EXP leech WAY too high.

Devs should just make a few Anis levelrange 20-49 and try to level them at different spots to see what they did.

jlxharville
Myrmidon

Postby jlxharville » Feb 09, 2017 04:21

I'll confirm, my animist is 45 and I can barely even solo without blowing an entire mana bar on 2 mobs.

The forest hearts resist 7/10 shots, literally - I calculated it on yellow/oranges.

Glad to know I wasted my time for the ultimate dev nerf. This isn't anywhere near how they use to be back in the day. I'd know because I had a 50 one.

Trishin
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Trishin » Feb 09, 2017 10:48

There were no changes to resist rate. Only to the amount of XP a pet leech
Got any questions? Submit them to me and I will try to get them answered in our grab bag !
Rajnish wrote:Why didn't someone warn me that being GM means lots of boring research, logging, testing and organizing data....
I thought it was all about looking cool....

Uthgard Rules || How to connect || FAQ

Sachsenjimbo
Warder

Postby Sachsenjimbo » Feb 09, 2017 11:25

Trishin wrote:There were no changes to resist rate. Only to the amount of XP a pet leech

Yes I know, you didn't change the resist rate. It was also way too high during beta, compared with live. And I'm sure there have been tickets, but in your opinion the code is correct and working.

But the scenario you created now is horrible for animists:
-fnf leech more than 25% exp like blue said
-fnf resist rate is too high

So to counter the exp leech Animist HAS to kill high ora / maybe red, but with such a resist rate, it isn't even worth it.

Remember, I am not talking about purple, or even Siabra City. I'm talking about different yellow, orange, red mobs in Hib Homezones.

Edit: I need to add two points here.

Additional, due to the "xp leech nerf" the Creeping Path is really useless compared to Arb now, solo and in group.
No one wants to get an Ani with turrets in the group if the turrets leech such a huge amount of exp.

AND the Verdant Path is still ****** up, because the PBAE is calculated by the shroom/shroom level and not the Animist who is casting the spell. See issue 3545.

And please, Im not QQing about the Bog nerf. This is a full KO for the Animist with all these different points together.
-high xp leech
-high resist rate
-Verdant Path PB AE not working correctly

-Level 39 CREEP Animist (Yeah Creep, :gaga: , the guy who needs the fnf turrets)
Last edited by Sachsenjimbo on Feb 09, 2017 12:29, edited 1 time in total.

Foneb
Eagle Knight

Postby Foneb » Feb 09, 2017 11:38

Can someone high check if the cap xp is calculated by the pet lvl or caster lvl? My guess atm would be :
Kill a mob with lifeleech only that gives cap (get a root druid that helps etc)
Kill a mob with cap xp only with a Pet.

Compare the leech percentage

My guess atm is cap xp is calculated by pet lvl and you only get 75% of that (or whatever percentage you get with fnf turrets)
Hiois - Ranger 9lX Uth 1.0
Hiois - Enchanter 6lx Uth 2.0
Mugad - Warden 4lx Uth 2.0
Esigil - Druid 3lx Uth 2.0
Hioisx - Nightshade 1lx Uth 2.0

Stormbringer
Warder

Postby Stormbringer » Feb 10, 2017 10:57

We have a xp leech now on the animist pets?

Damn, let the xp like it was pls. Getting xp on this server is anyway so slow.

I wanted to make an animist on this server, too - but when I hear this news..... maybe I wont play an animist any more.

Is this maybe the beginning of nerving animists like on live servers?

Would be great to see the staff fixing the pet problems (casting through walls for example) first....

... and not downgrading the lvl-speed of our underpopulated Hibernia.

Satiah
Eagle Knight

Postby Satiah » Feb 10, 2017 13:18

Foneb wrote:Can someone high check if the cap xp is calculated by the pet lvl or caster lvl? My guess atm would be :
Kill a mob with lifeleech only that gives cap (get a root druid that helps etc)
Kill a mob with cap xp only with a Pet.

Compare the leech percentage

My guess atm is cap xp is calculated by pet lvl and you only get 75% of that (or whatever percentage you get with fnf turrets)

Resist rate on baseline spells is far lower then on spec spells. I've noticed this on a couple of classes. Nukes, LT and stuns landing on purple creatures. Spec nukes doing nothing. Having said that, FnF turrets are in the creeping path baseline.
Satiah | Tuthmes | Dendera | Khufu | Nefertete | Dahshur | Nebetah | Neterbaiu

Blue
Developer
Developer

Postby Blue » Feb 10, 2017 13:58

Too much speculation going on here.

Some facts:
- Xp cap is solely determined by the player / character level
- Amount of xp given out is determined by the level of the killed target
- Bombers do not leech xp
- F&F turrets will transfer 50% of their damage credits back to owner
- Controlled turrets transfer 75% of their damage credits back to owner
- Casting through walls is intended as it was proven to be the case on live (videos still exist about that)
- Resist rate of base line and spec line spells is not different. Spell level decides.

All made changes are original behavior of DAoC.
It's done when it's done. Thanks for your patience.
Every bug gets fixed. Sooner or later.

"It is an inescapable law of nature that the amount of satisfaction one gains from achieving something
is related to how hard it is and easy things can only elicit a fleeting superficial sort of pleasure."

Blue says, "you used macro tools or macro keyboard"
Pala says, "i am disabled. and i have a mechanic left hand that can be programed. its hard to play woith one hand"

[Appeal] Bxxxxxxxx: "why is RA first aid cann man i stealth use and not unstealth cann man ra if man use unstealth ?????????"
BannedUser: "i was not using automate game action my hand was fall on keyboard during i was sleep .... i was completly fall on keyboard ..."

Return to Animist