Verdant

Warcast
Myrmidon

Postby Warcast » May 16, 2016 19:10

Tried making a Verdant spec Animist the other day and was shocked at how terrible the pbaoe damage is - was expecting something similar to a Servant specced Necro

Can any experienced Animists tell me if this is a bug or intentional?

It seems like the pbaoe is unaffected by my Int, and the spell is based on the pets level not mine

Russiancrushian
Myrmidon

Postby Russiancrushian » Jul 03, 2016 06:42

Not sure on the danage, but i imagine its correct. It never has hit as hard as say a mana chanter. But thats because its an uniterruptable pbaoe bomber. Got to sacrific somewhere. I loved verd ani on live. But i also jad way faster cast speed and artifacts for mana

Juri
Eagle Knight

Postby Juri » Jul 03, 2016 11:13

It should actually deal quite a lot of damage, just not like any other PBAoE spell. Nominal damage is lower than, say, enchanter's.

keio
Warder

Postby keio » Feb 01, 2017 10:27

From my perspective (lvl 10) the Ae damage seem normal. I'm more worried about the fails from the aggro generated which doesn't match the reality (Genesis, Live), and hope this was only some 'glitch' and won't stay like that with higher levels... For ex : today pulling with root Lunantishees, got aggroed from pet (saw the animation on mob) = ignored, same for the pbae cast - 2 times in a row non resisted - mob continue to come and hit me. wtf ?
Kohi (Ench) | Elegy (BM) | Matcha (Druid) | Keio (Menta)

nilart
Warder

Postby nilart » Feb 01, 2017 18:54

keio wrote:From my perspective (lvl 10) the Ae damage seem normal. I'm more worried about the fails from the aggro generated which doesn't match the reality (Genesis, Live), and hope this was only some 'glitch' and won't stay like that with higher levels... For ex : today pulling with root Lunantishees, got aggroed from pet (saw the animation on mob) = ignored, same for the pbae cast - 2 times in a row non resisted - mob continue to come and hit me. wtf ?

How many shrooms did you have? Just the tank? From what I've seen, the % of aggro that you get from each shrooms's aggro seems specially high. But dunno, that seems weird.

keio
Warder

Postby keio » Feb 02, 2017 10:21

nilart wrote:How many shrooms did you have? Just the tank? From what I've seen, the % of aggro that you get from each shrooms's aggro seems specially high. But dunno, that seems weird.

I only use the main pet when i single pull. I tried standing near the pet, being behind (like 5-7m behind) but always at some point or another, they will simply ignore both the pet aggro and my pbae which 'normally' always instant aggroed them (to the pet !) on live as on Genesis. Don't understand why it's different here, verd is pretty easy to play concerning aggro once u get it. /shrug

keio
Warder

Postby keio » Feb 02, 2017 10:32

Now a little other fact i realized today : i was pulling wolves (yellow con) and decided to pull 2 of them on the pet. After few cast & runs, i finally got them to aggro the pet, and went oom while they still had like 30-40% life and they finally killed the pet, and i had to run again, which is letting me pondering about the so-called big damage. ^^ I don't think i had ever anywhere else a pet (with any class) killed by 2 yellow mobs. By scrolling the log, i noticed they were hit for average 31-36 damage (lvl 9 cast). So, considering these facts (damage lol + non aggro) i think i won't play for the moment this ani, because if i already have to run, i can also make an arbo or creeping, it's non sense.

Ebenezer
Warder

Postby Ebenezer » Feb 02, 2017 17:27

Put a sporespawn seedling (the L3 pbaoe one, not the 1000range L1 one, in Creep spec) right next to your controlled. (not same GT, but with the shrooms touching one another)
It'll spam it's little pbaoe damage debuff, which will pick up mobs that resist your controlled. Less likely for mobs to run by both and hit you.

On OJ+ mobs, a small stack of those will raise your attacker count and help with resists as well. Without pulling aggro from all over like hearts do.

And don't forget you can drag the mob back to melee range of your controlled and tell controlled to bite it for a peel as well.

See my half-assed Verd guide if you haven't already.
viewtopic.php?f=127&t=40036

Syskaru
Myrmidon

Postby Syskaru » Sep 03, 2017 20:38

Just a word to the group verdant is pretty much broke on holding agro as a tank. The pet will not hold agro. On the flip side this spec is more of a warden spec with utility then dps.

If you want to cast a ton of pets go creep for power reduction. If you want to do dps go arboreal. The Verd line is more of a buff and reduce damage spec st this point
- Syska Animist
- Sysk Cleric

Return to Animist