New Player. Started as warrior

kkukii
Guardian

Postby kkukii » May 23, 2017 19:40

So. How is warrior? its seems like a rare class compared to others and in this kind of games when people dont play a class is because it lacks compared to others. And in general how is the survivality of tanks in this game?

morry1000
Gryphon Knight

Postby morry1000 » May 24, 2017 17:03

22 views and no replies to a new player? tsk tsk :grin:

Warrior is a solid PvE toon once you get some levels on it (they really start to shine 40+) and especially with some shammy buffs / endo.

They are a tad 1 dimensional in PvP imho, they have no abilities to stand out per se (ie: stealth / speed / range etc) and I am not entirely convinced with their damage output either (until higher realm rank).

They do get cheap purge / determination however.

I really feel the Midgard style lines (Axe / Sword / Hammer) are lacking in comparison to the other realms. I appreciate there are question marks atm whether or not Uthgard has a melee damage 'issue' (thinking the zerker / Tundra threads etc).

They also (understandably) have pretty much zero solo PvP potential (perhaps stealther baiting in DF maybe). They simply do not have the toolset available to them.

Please understand, I do not say this to put you off, play whatever takes your fancy. They are not terrible or anything. With a shaman friend they make a solid farm toon and with a few passives (mastery of block etc) they should be able to farm some fairly big mobs for drops for example.

You ask about survivability of heavy tanks, imho I would rank them as follows: Hero 1st / Armsman 2nd / Warrior last.

PS: I have played warr at lv50 on live before, and on Classic servers back in the day.

isocleas2
Gryphon Knight

Postby isocleas2 » May 24, 2017 18:49

Warrior is a fine class. They become good at 42+ once you have the shield style slam, an anytime 9s stun which you'll end up using alot. In RvR you generally play more defensively, when one of the casters/seers has enemies on them you go and peel (slam/snare). Make sure you choose hammer as your weapon line, the most common spec being 50 hammer 50 shield 28 parry. There are two positional snare styles in hammer which make the warrior really shine.

Warriors are tough so surviving is not much of a concern, most enemy groups realize this and prefer to kill your groupmates first. Also I don't think you'll have a problem solo'ing if that's your thing, use a couple of potions/charges and stay near the milegates or someplace that gives you cover from casters and other classes who would take advantage of your lack of speed. But in a straight up fight warriors are pretty beast mode so fear no stealther (but maybe the 5 others waiting behind him).

Return to Warrior