RA Discussion

bigdaddy
Warder

Postby bigdaddy » Jan 03, 2017 20:20

Haven't seen this discussed but think it's very important to know with launch around the corner -

What are the need-to-have RAs for a warrior in 1.65?

What order should they be prioritized in?

majky666
Phoenix Knight

Postby majky666 » Jan 03, 2017 21:43

determination (5) is a MUST

bigdaddy
Warder

Postby bigdaddy » Jan 03, 2017 23:47

majky666 wrote:determination (5) is a MUST

Definitely , is this what your first points should go for? Or would it be wiser to get something like purge with the first four then go det 1-5?

Azoazial
Myrmidon

Postby Azoazial » Jan 04, 2017 09:27

bigdaddy wrote:
majky666 wrote:determination (5) is a MUST

Definitely , is this what your first points should go for? Or would it be wiser to get something like purge with the first four then go det 1-5?

DET 1 - DET 2 - DET 3 - DET 4 - DET 5 - From there it's random what ppl would perfer.

I would take Purge, after DET5, as its only 4 points.
Might pick up som AoM for better survival, might go MoBlock for better guard, MoPain for higher DPS potential... Trip/Grapple which will be needed for defensive Wars I guess, PF if your planning on running in Train...

All depends on your play style :)

Aelred
Myrmidon

Postby Aelred » Jan 04, 2017 09:54

Trip and grapple trigger snare immunities, unlike your melee snares, so they are generally a bad idea. Only grab those if you have a very good reason to do so, as they are also very expensive.

nelsonus
Warder

Postby nelsonus » Jan 26, 2017 19:04

What about dumping the first points into tireless 1 or longwind 1?
Are either needed? I would think tireless 1 would be nice for leveling, getting a little endo back if you dont have a sham

r4gz
Warder

Postby r4gz » Feb 09, 2017 21:22

nelsonus wrote:What about dumping the first points into tireless 1 or longwind 1?
Are either needed? I would think tireless 1 would be nice for leveling, getting a little endo back if you dont have a sham

Tireless 1 is roughly 1/5 the rate of End 1. It's worthless. Trust me I wasted a point.

My spec so far has been: LW1; Purge; Det 1->4; DamageRAsTBD for 10 points
LW1 is probably the best RA in the game as far as point/usefulness ratio.

Once I'm high enough for LW1; Purge; Det5 I respec to pick up Det5 and drop the Damage RA's I was filling.

You get two free realm respecs.
Ragzz | Warrior | <Trained Apes>

HulkGris
Phoenix Knight

Postby HulkGris » Feb 10, 2017 01:05

r4gz wrote:Tireless 1 is roughly 1/5 the rate of End 1. It's worthless. Trust me I wasted a point.

To get 1/5 the rate of End 1, you have to up tireless to level 4 :lol:
Tireless 1 is +1 end point every 8 seconds.
Tireless 4 is +1 end point every 5 seconds.
Tireless 5 is +1 end point every 4 seconds.

While Regen endu 1 is +1 end point every second... :gaga:
RIP : Ectoplasme
My own version of Uthgard Character Builder

StriKe_jk
Warder

Postby StriKe_jk » May 27, 2017 23:36

HulkGris wrote:
r4gz wrote:Tireless 1 is roughly 1/5 the rate of End 1. It's worthless. Trust me I wasted a point.

To get 1/5 the rate of End 1, you have to up tireless to level 4 :lol:
Tireless 1 is +1 end point every 8 seconds.
Tireless 4 is +1 end point every 5 seconds.
Tireless 5 is +1 end point every 4 seconds.

While Regen endu 1 is +1 end point every second... :gaga:

If only I read this earlier, was wondering how low the regen is after I put a point in it. I expected it to work like the counterpart for mana which seems to regnerate much faster.

majky666
Phoenix Knight

Postby majky666 » Oct 03, 2017 20:03

I want go this way: LW1-->det 1-4--> purge-->det5. Then aug dex1-2, MoBlock 1-2 (It's RR 4L5), may be MoBlock 3? (5L1)
Is it good idea? I will play both, PvE and RvR.

Aelred
Myrmidon

Postby Aelred » Oct 03, 2017 22:20

That is a very good route to go, Majky! Warrior is a very convenient class, in that no matter what your interest is, one Class spec and one RA spec cover basically all your needs. Other RAs I would suggest considering are as follows...
    Mastery of Parry 1-2: As a Warrior, you'll be getting into a lot of Slam battles, and on top of MoB, a point invested here will help win those fights.
    Ignore Pain and Avoidance of Magic 1-2: Playing competitively against Alb and Hib caster groups, you will usually have to risk being in a vulnerable position way up front. If you are targeted by the debuff train these RAs will help your healers keep you on your feet.
    Mastery of Pain 1-3 and Augmented Strength 1-3: More DPS is always good, even if it isn't your character's primary focus. Aug Str will also increase your defense penetration slightly, and let you spec into Mastery of Arms.
    Mastery of Arms 1-3: Not only does this increase your rate of attacks (helping you perform more snares and slams), it also increases your unstyled DPS, through increased swing speed.
What order you get these depends on what you like the most (PvE, Zergs, or 8v8), and how you prefer to play your roles therein. I think your idea of building MoB right after Det, Purge, and LW is solid, especially if you are guarding allies a lot in RvR.

Lastly, I just wanted to mention Prevent Flight. It is a great RA, and maybe even worth it for a Warrior, but with the Hammer line's back positional snare, Conquer, it isn't as useful as it is on some other classes. You'll learn pretty quickly whether or not you think it would be helpful!

isocleas2
Gryphon Knight

Postby isocleas2 » Oct 03, 2017 23:27

Det 5, purge, longwind 2 would be the first RAs to get. After that get some of this stuff:

Toughness 1
Avoidance of Magic 1
mastery of strength 1
aug dex 2
Mastery of Pain 2-3
mastery of block 2-3
mastery of parry 1

Rendiviel
Gryphon Knight

Postby Rendiviel » Oct 04, 2017 19:22

Det 5 and LW1 is the #1 priority. After that, you can take purge if you prefer to solo, pick up MoB if you want to do both solo and group RVR. The idea behind getting MoB is that a warrior's strength is primarily in how effective they are defensively. Furthermore, Grapple/Trip can be nice additions if you feel the need for more defense. Avoidance of Magic, Aug strength, etc. can all be helpful. Personally, I believe the warrior is most effective when you use the utility of your shield. Mastery of Pain seems pretty meh. I'd rather land 2 extra regular attacks due to my increased block rate than get a single critical strike on an opponent.

majky666
Phoenix Knight

Postby majky666 » Oct 04, 2017 20:41

I suppose my role will be strictly peel/def and whhile i will be hammer spec, PF is IMHO quite waste of points, when I have side and back snare styles. Trip/grapple gives imunity, and they re not cheap too, so not suree, if they worth take.

Return to Warrior