My first template

Yar
Guardian

Postby Yar » Jun 30, 2016 20:12

Hello all!

As template discussions are not allowed in the template sticky, I'm opening this thread to gather specific feedback for my (literally) first try at a template. I am a complete newcomer to the game and hope some of the more experienced players can help me out.
If you can share general tipps / dos&don'ts for building a warrior template on this patch level, that would be great! :D

Some things I'm wondering about specifically:
- Is it worth sacrificing quickness to cap all resistances? What are the alternatives?
- Am I missing any sources for better jewelery? I know I didn't include loot from Yar.
- Any tipps regarding stat allocation on specific gear pieces (i.e. dexterity on shield)?

Okay, so here goes the template. I used Leladia's Spellcraft Equipment Configurator v2.00 to make it.

If you need any other info or if I forgot something please let me know!

Yar
Last edited by Yar on Jan 21, 2017 11:11, edited 1 time in total.

isocleas2
Gryphon Knight

Postby isocleas2 » Jul 03, 2016 19:45

Heya Yar its Astro I like all the jewelry you used, for the most part its the highest utility stuff you can get w/o farming a lot.

For my template I went with cap quickness when i'm 1h + shield so I can peel quickly even if celerity isn't up. When I switch to 2h my quickness drops down to 3x for a slightly bigger frontload hit, also my dex drops as well since it only matters for defense. I'm not sure how you play but I usually have s/s up and only switch to 2h quickly to style then swap back, so defense calculations don't mean much to me on 2h.

To get cap quickness I didn't cap 2 of my resists (spirit and energy are missing a few pts), also my parry is only +1 in 2h and +4 in s/s. For group rvr I don't think parry is very important but if you solo a lot you might want to raise it up.

On your shield + 1h i'd have on each: +22 quick, +22 dex, and +3-4 shield, atleast it worked best for my temp.

Gnome
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Gnome » Jul 04, 2016 00:16

Jewel:
Name: Hand-shaped Pin (Epic)
Level: 51 Quality: 5
Bonus: 0
Effect 1: 6 Thrust Resist
Effect 2: 18 Strength
Effect 3: 18 Dexterity
Effect 4: 3 Parry
Utility: 51

Nice!

Bryt
Myrmidon

Postby Bryt » Jul 04, 2016 10:17

Gnome
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Gnome » Jul 05, 2016 15:09

Maybe they have already been researched?
Patch 1.63 wrote:
Classic/SI - Guild track quest rewards, except for the epic quest armors, have been upgraded to Shrouded Isles standards in bonus points, except in a few rare instances where the item was at or above the desired bonus point value already. No object was decreased in bonus points.

Epic Quests were revamped at about Patch 1.79 so it's safe to use the latest instance of an (old) Epic Quest item on ZAM.

pweet
Lion Knight

Postby pweet » Jul 05, 2016 15:12

Gnome wrote:Maybe they have already been researched?
Patch 1.63 wrote:
Classic/SI - Guild track quest rewards, except for the epic quest armors, have been upgraded to Shrouded Isles standards in bonus points, except in a few rare instances where the item was at or above the desired bonus point value already. No object was decreased in bonus points.

Epic Quests were revamped at about Patch 1.79 so it's safe to use the latest instance of an Epic Quest item on ZAM.

Maybe Gnome was just waiting for a comment like that? :P

Yar
Guardian

Postby Yar » Jul 28, 2016 17:34

Hello all!

Thanks for your feedback, keep it coming! I wasn't really able to play lately and will be abroad with no PC for the whole of august. Looking forward on joining you again after some time!

Yar

Return to Warrior