Warrior 1.65

Jasonuth
Guardian

Postby Jasonuth » May 09, 2016 15:48

Hi guys, i'm not an old Daoc player, then i need some infos.

I would know what do u think about Warrior with the patch 1.65.

A bit of questions:

1) Best race in your opinion (both peeling and to assist train)

2) Autotrain, i have to train just Shield till level 48?

3) Warrior with this patch is also a good dmg dealer or only a blockbot?

4) Usefull in rvr or we will see party with 2-4 zerk/svg and no warrior?

Thanks a lot's! Much appreciated.

Aelred
Myrmidon

Postby Aelred » May 10, 2016 02:36

1) The best race completely depends on how you want to play. A Kobold would be best for playing a defensive Warrior (peeler), because the high Dexterity gives them higher block rates, and it is easier to land a Slam. A Troll would be the best assist train Warrior, because his high Strength will give him the most Weaponskill (providing high damage, and hit rates).

Savages and Beserkers will be better on the assist train than a Warrior, because they can do more damage, have dual wield, and have Advanced evade. However, you can certainly do great damage on a Warrior, and playing on the assist train is still a good option for you. If you are certain you want to play the Warrior, a Norseman would likely provide the best middle road for you, as it will be great for both roles. (Though, also consider, Dwarves and Valkyn look awesome, and liking your character is way more important than a few stat points here and there!)

2) Axe is unpopular for high level play, so it may be best to level up with Shield and Axe, then respec at lvl 40, and reinvest your points at lvl 48 into Sword or Hammer.

3) Again, Warriors are competent in both roles, but Savages and Zerkers are better for maximum damage in melee.

4) Any setup that isn't doing something very weird will have a peeler in it, and Warriors will always be best at peeling.

Capass7x1
Myrmidon

Postby Capass7x1 » May 10, 2016 04:42

2) you are correct that in order to auto train weapon, you cannot spec in sword axe or hammer, because training in any AT line is said to negate the others

Jasonuth
Guardian

Postby Jasonuth » May 10, 2016 10:31

Ty for answers,

argh, bad story about AT, to level with a shield till 48...with this xp rate...could be annoying.

There's a real advantage to autotrain? I will able to unlock some style?

Thanks again

Scalado
Myrmidon

Postby Scalado » May 10, 2016 10:53

Regarding race: you will not completely gimp your char by picking the "wrong", i.e. suboptimal, race. There are many active and successful Norse warriors for example. From a min/maxing perspective, however, Troll is best and kobold is worst race. Why? Because the defence bonuses you get from picking high dex race, kobold, are minimal, around the 1% range in comparison to troll. This is anti-intuitive. Troll offers better def pen, better damage and better synergy with haste effects and RAs. Size is also very important, for a maintank I would argue that a large size is actually beneficial.

Trishin
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Trishin » May 10, 2016 11:03

Scalado wrote:Regarding race: you will not completely gimp your char by picking the "wrong", i.e. suboptimal, race. There are many active and successful Norse warriors for example. From a min/maxing perspective, however, Troll is best and kobold is worst race. Why? Because the defence bonuses you get from picking high dex race, kobold, are minimal, around the 1% range in comparison to troll. This is anti-intuitive. Troll offers better def pen, better damage and better synergy with haste effects and RAs. Size is also very important, for a maintank I would argue that a large size is actually beneficial.

Please test this out during the beta. Make sure to back up your claims if you find anything wrong.
Got any questions? Submit them to me and I will try to get them answered in our grab bag !
Rajnish wrote:Why didn't someone warn me that being GM means lots of boring research, logging, testing and organizing data....
I thought it was all about looking cool....

Uthgard Rules || How to connect || FAQ

Liss
Eagle Knight

Postby Liss » May 14, 2016 12:48

Scalado wrote:Regarding race: you will not completely gimp your char by picking the "wrong", i.e. suboptimal, race. There are many active and successful Norse warriors for example. From a min/maxing perspective, however, Troll is best and kobold is worst race. Why? Because the defence bonuses you get from picking high dex race, kobold, are minimal, around the 1% range in comparison to troll. This is anti-intuitive. Troll offers better def pen, better damage and better synergy with haste effects and RAs. Size is also very important, for a maintank I would argue that a large size is actually beneficial.

This sounds like uth v1 propaganda to me...

Knewked
Guardian

Postby Knewked » Mar 09, 2017 18:49

Liss wrote:

This sounds like uth v1 propaganda to me...

Yes I agree, has this been tested?

Wulver
Myrmidon

Postby Wulver » Mar 09, 2017 23:37

Looks like a 2.25% difference in bonus to blocking/parry if a Troll put no dex and a Kobold put +10 at starting and both had +75 from items at level 50.

Knewked
Guardian

Postby Knewked » Mar 11, 2017 17:14

Okay cool, I was on the fence for either going troll or kobold, glad I went troll.

Bonus question:
I didn't put any points into strength since it's already at 100 so I put most points into con, some in Dex and some in quick but can't remember how much I put in each. I didn't shoot myself in the foot with where I put my points, did I?

Wulver
Myrmidon

Postby Wulver » Mar 12, 2017 04:04

Knewked wrote:Okay cool, I was on the fence for either going troll or kobold, glad I went troll.

Bonus question:
I didn't put any points into strength since it's already at 100 so I put most points into con, some in Dex and some in quick but can't remember how much I put in each. I didn't shoot myself in the foot with where I put my points, did I?

Yeah, I don't think you will be able to kill anything now. :(

Rendiviel
Gryphon Knight

Postby Rendiviel » Mar 13, 2017 15:50

The only thing you get by auto training is a few extra points in parry, which would net you less than 2% increase in your defense. It'd be much faster to forgo auto training, and instead spend 1 realm skill point into mastery of parrying and you'll make up the difference. Why spend 4 months extra leveling when you could RvR for a day and makeup what you lost?

inxi
Guardian

Postby inxi » Mar 14, 2017 12:18

Rendiviel wrote:The only thing you get by auto training is a few extra points in parry, which would net you less than 2% increase in your defense. It'd be much faster to forgo auto training, and instead spend 1 realm skill point into mastery of parrying and you'll make up the difference. Why spend 4 months extra leveling when you could RvR for a day and makeup what you lost?

If you're going 50 sword, 42 shield, 34 (or so) hammer and rest parry, you'll get around 5 or 6 more skillups in parry by autotraining sword+hammer :)

If you're just going for 50 weapspec, 50shield and rest parry you won't get that much out of autotrain.

Wulver
Myrmidon

Postby Wulver » Mar 14, 2017 17:26

I just auto trained until 12 to get 1 extra point, wasn't hard at all.

Return to Warrior