Various Warrior Specs

Der_Eisbaer
Eagle Knight

Postby Der_Eisbaer » Aug 17, 2016 09:17

I am still not 100% sure if I really understood how the AT with the Warrior actually works so I would like to ask the following in order to enlighten me further in this matter:

Assume I create a warrior.

Assuse I spec only shield and sword during leveling until I have reached level 48; assume further that I will not use any respec.

From my understanding my spec would now be: Sword 48, Shield 48, Hammer 12 (AT), Axe 12 (AT).

Now what happens if from now on, i.e. from level 48, I put my spec points on Sword, Shield, Hammer and Parry? Would it be possible to reach Sword 50, Shield 50, Hammer 29, Parry 11 this way?

Your input will be very much appreciated! :)

imamizer
Gryphon Knight

Postby imamizer » Aug 17, 2016 10:14

Der_Eisbaer wrote:From my understanding my spec would now be: Sword 48, Shield 48, Hammer 12 (AT), Axe 12 (AT).

Now what happens if from now on, i.e. from level 48, I put my spec points on Sword, Shield, Hammer and Parry? Would it be possible to reach Sword 50, Shield 50, Hammer 29, Parry 11 this way?

Yes. Basically you get 77 extra points per weapon line as long as you don't train them. If you play with only one weapon line trained, that makes 77 x 2 = 154 extra points in the end.

http://play.nixian.eu/index.php?page=charbuilder

When you set Bonus Points as 154 and increase axe to 12 (because AT lines will never go below that), you can see your spec is possible with 9 points unspent. Since you are already sword spec, you don't even need to repec. That wouldn't change anything for you.

imamizer
Gryphon Knight

Postby imamizer » Aug 17, 2016 10:31

morry1000 wrote:Painful is the word I would use to describe it, sword and axe taunts are available fairly early but your damage is terrible (to be expected) therefore solo is a slow chore.

AT or not, warrior is one of the worst classes in the game to solo level. Even if you can kill fast and block a lot, regen to full health takes more than 5 min after mid levels. If you are leveling a warrior, you should only do it in groups. In a group AT doesn't make it harder I can say. Your taunt still does it's job unless you are using a grey weapon.

Der_Eisbaer
Eagle Knight

Postby Der_Eisbaer » Aug 17, 2016 12:42

imamizer wrote:Yes. Basically you get 77 extra points per weapon line as long as you don't train them. If you play with only one weapon line trained, that makes 77 x 2 = 154 extra points in the end.

Thank you very much!

Now for my deeper understanding:

Assuming I did as described, i.e. only Sword/Shield till level 48, then some points on Hammer with the result of 50 Sword / 50 Shield / 29 Hammer / 11 Parry.

If I then do respec all --- what will my spec look like before I invest any point? Plus, how many spec points would I have?

I would think that it should look like 1 Sword / 1 Shield / 1 Parry / 12 Hammer / 12 Axe, with 2979 spec points available.

Is this correct? If not, what is correct?

Thank you again in advance! :)

imamizer
Gryphon Knight

Postby imamizer » Aug 17, 2016 13:40

Der_Eisbaer wrote:If I then do respec all --- what will my spec look like before I invest any point? Plus, how many spec points would I have?

I would think that it should look like 1 Sword / 1 Shield / 1 Parry / 12 Hammer / 12 Axe, with 2979 spec points available.

Is this correct? If not, what is correct?

All 3 weapon lines are AT lines for warrior so you auto train them or not, they will never go bellow 12. You have autotrained 2 lines while leveling so you have 154 bonus points. If you use charbuilder and set your level to 50, bonus points to 154 then increase all 3 lines to level 12 that's how you will end up after respec. 12 sword / 12 axe / 12 hammer / 1 parry, shield and throwing with 2902 points left.

It's the only reason why leveling up with a weapon that you will not use in the final spec, then using respec stone doesn't give you anything extra. The 77 points you got from another line you have autotrained will go automatically to the line that you didn't and you will end up with the same amount of points to put somewhere useful.

morry1000
Gryphon Knight

Postby morry1000 » Aug 17, 2016 18:45

imamizer wrote:
morry1000 wrote:Painful is the word I would use to describe it, sword and axe taunts are available fairly early but your damage is terrible (to be expected) therefore solo is a slow chore.

AT or not, warrior is one of the worst classes in the game to solo level. Even if you can kill fast and block a lot, regen to full health takes more than 5 min after mid levels. If you are leveling a warrior, you should only do it in groups. In a group AT doesn't make it harder I can say. Your taunt still does it's job unless you are using a grey weapon.

I take your point and will clarify mine, on those occasions where there are no grps available, or perhaps you have limited time and just log on for a spot of simple soloing (and let's face it, we must have all done this at some point). Make a few bbls of xp and log.

Not always easy to get a group sometimes.

Truth be told (and especially at the intended Uthgard patch lv) I have always viewed warrior as just a PvE toon anyway, however to go deeper in to this would be to detract from my initial comment and the purpose of the thread :grin:

Der_Eisbaer
Eagle Knight

Postby Der_Eisbaer » Aug 18, 2016 09:14

imamizer wrote:All 3 weapon lines are AT lines for warrior so you auto train them or not, they will never go bellow 12. You have autotrained 2 lines while leveling so you have 154 bonus points. If you use charbuilder and set your level to 50, bonus points to 154 then increase all 3 lines to level 12 that's how you will end up after respec. 12 sword / 12 axe / 12 hammer / 1 parry, shield and throwing with 2902 points left.

It's the only reason why leveling up with a weapon that you will not use in the final spec, then using respec stone doesn't give you anything extra. The 77 points you got from another line you have autotrained will go automatically to the line that you didn't and you will end up with the same amount of points to put somewhere useful.

Thank you very much indeed!

Now I am sure that I 100% understood how AT works for Warrior.

I shall therefore go for sword/shield/parry until level 48 and then put points also in hammer.

Thank you! :grin:

OT: Right now I am killing mobs that are mainly blue, sometimes yellow, sometimes green --- works perfect with my warrior even in the i30 ****** gear. I only have to regen Endu every two mobs. This is slow but not too slow.

Of course groups are better. :)

morry1000
Gryphon Knight

Postby morry1000 » Aug 18, 2016 17:01

1h sword animation makes me cringe.

Big tough troll warrior, skipping round waving his sword :roll:

It.is.awful.

If I was going to lv one it would need to be axe I think.

And before anyone decides to jump on this and say "n00b, axe is the suck for RvR, shoudda went sword" it is merely imho :grin:

imamizer
Gryphon Knight

Postby imamizer » Aug 22, 2016 13:01

morry1000 wrote:1h sword animation makes me cringe.

And before anyone decides to jump on this and say "n00b, axe is the suck for RvR, shoudda went sword" it is merely imho :grin:

1h Sword doen't offer much for your job in RvR. If you are using 1h that means you are guarding/pealing and and you should be using 1h Hammer for that. 2h Sword animation is as good as the others. :)

aksta
Warder

Postby aksta » Dec 06, 2016 04:04

i went through the styles on a berserker, and Ragnarok was not listed as a snare style. Is it different for the warrior?

Lailen
Warder

Postby Lailen » Dec 22, 2016 00:05

Ragnarok has a attack speed reduce on it (at least in the description when I read it at the Warrior trainer on the beta server)

Nezix
Phoenix Knight

Postby Nezix » Dec 22, 2016 00:43

aksta wrote:i went through the styles on a berserker, and Ragnarok was not listed as a snare style. Is it different for the warrior?

That change to give it a snare came at a later patch than 1.65.
Nezix - 50 Minstrel <The Band>

Merlin: Arthur, what is best in life?
Arthur: To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their Lurikeens.

Atreiu
Myrmidon

Postby Atreiu » Feb 02, 2017 21:41

So guys after reading this thread I am not 100% sure about how to build my warrior (considering respect stones are a nono atm)

I am not sure if I want to go:

50 sword
39 hammer
42 shield
rest parry

or the safe route:

50 hammer
50 shield
rest parry

Or let's say:

50 Sword
50 shield
29 hammer

Can this work? Can Conquer hit reliably with 29 skill? Im not sure how it works, they say increasing a Weapon Skill line impacts defense penetration... but you can't parry/block conquer from your back (or can you?) , classes with Advanced Evade could do it yes. What am I missing about this subject?

nox156
Warder

Postby nox156 » Feb 03, 2017 16:38

To me, 50 shield is a big waste of points.

The 50 shield style is almost never going to be used over slam and the block chance increase you get will barely be noticeable.

To me, you either want to go with 29 hammer in conquer or put the extra points in parry for the added defense against DW classes.

I am still skeptic on what to go for. With hammer autotraining, it comes down to either

50 Sword
42 Shield
39 Parry

or

50 Sword
42 Shield
29 Parry
29 Hammer

For the loss of 10 points in parry, the added versatility of having that easy back snare might be worth it...I am not sure though

Atreiu
Myrmidon

Postby Atreiu » Feb 03, 2017 16:49

nox156 wrote:To me, 50 shield is a big waste of points.

The 50 shield style is almost never going to be used over slam and the block chance increase you get will barely be noticeable.

To me, you either want to go with 29 hammer in conquer or put the extra points in parry for the added defense against DW classes.

I am still skeptic on what to go for. With hammer autotraining, it comes down to either

50 Sword
42 Shield
39 Parry

or

50 Sword
42 Shield
29 Parry
29 Hammer

For the loss of 10 points in parry, the added versatility of having that easy back snare might be worth it...I am not sure though

the main reason for 50 shield for me, it's because I've heard it helps Slam to be less blocked/parried/evaded.

Im kinda leaning toward a Sword/hammer build (I would just go Hammer if it's only 1 weapon build tho), but like I said I am not sure if 29 skill is all I really need to be able to land that Conquer.

I think that in the end I will go for the hammer/shield/parry spec :x

PreviousNext

Return to Warrior