Giving up on Thane

valicyn
Warder

Postby valicyn » Jul 19, 2017 16:13

So I'm a bit frustrated atm. A lot of groups wont take thanes because they don't consider them dps. Happened twice this morning looking for a group. If you do get taken into a group its because theres nothing else to fill it. Anyone else have this issue?

Lurker
Gryphon Knight

Postby Lurker » Jul 19, 2017 16:33

You talking RvR? If so, I think your real issue will be lack of Det rather than DPS.

Thanes work great in a caster group but a full melee group will be disincentivised to take you due to your rootability. Unfortunately.

Absolutely no reason you shouldn't get into melee based PvE groups as a thane assuming you don't aoe and break mezz constantly. xD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lawdawg
Warder

Postby Lawdawg » Aug 04, 2017 00:30

Thane is the anti caster toon, regardless of the group setup. Both Alb and Hib made caster groups to combat the Mid Tanker. AE hammers negate this setup, whether the mids are in a tanker or hybrid/caster setup. We obliterated 4 fg albs at a relic keep the other night, because 1 thane stood on the wall and interrupted nearly every Alb. As far as breaking CC, the Pac should be AE stunning immediately after the AE mez, if the enemy is grouped at all. The Thane is nuking for, what , 250 to 300? with hammers?

aksta
Warder

Postby aksta » May 16, 2018 12:19

Lawdawg wrote:Thane is nuking for, what , 250 to 300? with hammers?

easily. aoe dd hits harder than the single target nuke actually and pretty sure also costs less power.

aksta
Warder

Postby aksta » May 16, 2018 12:20

Lurker wrote:You talking RvR? If so, I think your real issue will be lack of Det rather than DPS.

Thanes work great in a caster group but a full melee group will be disincentivised to take you due to your rootability. Unfortunately.

Absolutely no reason you shouldn't get into melee based PvE groups as a thane assuming you don't aoe and break mezz constantly. xD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i think most people have terrible experience with thanes... if you master that class, you can cause so much mayhem its not even funny.

Kabouik
Myrmidon

Postby Kabouik » May 16, 2018 20:05

If I was playing in group, I would group a Thane any time. They are great in both attack and defense, and if rooted they can still interrupt. And I love to see hybrids.
[Mid] Koubiak, Krafilnaavith
[Hib] Soazig

Pendalith
Myrmidon

Postby Pendalith » May 18, 2018 19:49

Thane Hybrid counter would be true IF Static Tempest WORKED properly oO
"Whether your aim is to dominate enemies in the frontier, become a legendary crafter, or defeat dragons throughout the land, Uthgard has a place for you! So join us, rekindle the memories of old and let the adventures begin!"

https://www.uthgard.net/donate

Return to Thane