aren't thanes terrible in 1.65

yemz
Warder

Postby yemz » Jan 05, 2017 14:05

cant imagine this class going anywhere solo/group without toa toys, anyone played thane in 1.65 who can share some experience
< powerless >

doggo wan the fishe

Jarqo
Eagle Knight

Postby Jarqo » Jan 05, 2017 14:21

yemz wrote:cant imagine this class going anywhere solo/group without toa toys, anyone played thane in 1.65 who can share some experience

Why?
-self buffs(s/c and dmg add)
-high defense
-slam 9s stun
-chain armor
-ranged attacks(spell)
-nice mele dmg

This make you nice solo/duo char :)
Best Sniper Ranger on Uthgard since 2007.
Looking for maps? Try http://jarqo91.wix.com/daoccamps

Azoazial
Myrmidon

Postby Azoazial » Jan 05, 2017 14:30

yemz wrote:cant imagine this class going anywhere solo/group without toa toys, anyone played thane in 1.65 who can share some experience

I like Thane's, they are quiet good for PvE for sure..
But at this patch lvl for RvR, it's all about DET im afraid :(

Well not ONLY about DET, we will surely see some Thanes in RvR, but it will be a rare sight since ppl want DET tanks.

But if u wanna roll Thane, do it :)

Equade
Gryphon Knight

Postby Equade » Jan 05, 2017 14:36

I'm going Thane! Maybe it will just live for the quiet hours where solo is possible, camp a milegate somewhere and fully live when the relic raids needs some hammer-time ;)

Also, don't underestimate teamwork and taking the backline peel job - if you get rooted, have a friend come over and intercept a hit to get free or pray to god you're near a mob that you can pull to get you out. Should be alright, just a bit of hazzle. We'll see, I guess.

Initially, it's going to be great with the selfbuffs though for soloing :) !
Uth1: Equade rr10 ranger, Fight rr7 sb, Sinwar rr6 thane
Genesis: Swift rr7 champ, Reaperinho rr6 vw, Sinwar rr5 eld
Uth2: NS, VW and Eld

yemz
Warder

Postby yemz » Jan 05, 2017 14:42

i see them doing ok in solo/smallman

in 8man, why pick this class over any other melee with det though.

i kind of want to roll one, but templating them, ****** me wha a disasaster ahha
< powerless >

doggo wan the fishe

Equade
Gryphon Knight

Postby Equade » Jan 05, 2017 14:47

yemz wrote:i see them doing ok in solo/smallman

i kind of want to roll one, but templating them, ****** me wha a disasaster ahha

Depends.. If you can prove that you're okay at staying in the game and avoiding getting CC'ed in the backline while defending, you can win some merit by assisting with casts when necessary... You also have an instant ranged rupt button and a aoe rupt should you find yourself 'behind enemy lines'

yemz
Warder

Postby yemz » Jan 05, 2017 15:13

Equade wrote:
yemz wrote:i see them doing ok in solo/smallman

Depends.. If you can prove that you're okay at staying in the game and avoiding getting CC'ed in the backline while defending, you can win some merit by assisting with casts when necessary... You also have an instant ranged rupt button and a aoe rupt should you find yourself 'behind enemy lines'

true.

guess i'll try it just for the challenge then
< powerless >

doggo wan the fishe

bigdaddy
Warder

Postby bigdaddy » Jan 05, 2017 15:19

yemz wrote:true.

guess i'll try it just for the challenge then

It's a long long road to 50 to be disappointed when ya get there. I'd test it out while you still have some time today to see if you like the class enough.

isocleas2
Gryphon Knight

Postby isocleas2 » Jan 05, 2017 15:40

Thanes are alot of fun in pve, i have fond memories of playing my sm in a bomb group where 2 thanes aoe pulled the room and then we blew it up with pbaoe

For RvR I feel you should be fully aware that non-det tanks do not get grouped in 8v8 even if you're the best thane thats ever existed. If you like solo/small man/zerg rvr then its still perfectly viable, I just don't want anyone investing that kind of time w/o having realistic expectations.

yemz
Warder

Postby yemz » Jan 05, 2017 15:52

isocleas2 wrote:Thanes are alot of fun in pve, i have fond memories of playing my sm in a bomb group where 2 thanes aoe pulled the room and then we blew it up with pbaoe

For RvR I feel you should be fully aware that non-det tanks do not get grouped in 8v8 even if you're the best thane thats ever existed. If you like solo/small man/zerg rvr then its still perfectly viable, I just don't want anyone investing that kind of time w/o having realistic expectations.

suppose you're right in the end.

Savage it is, thane will be my side project then.
< powerless >

doggo wan the fishe

Equade
Gryphon Knight

Postby Equade » Jan 05, 2017 16:04

Good call Yemz. As the first toon it's not quite the best idea as it's hard to template and you're going to have to persuade people to let you be main tank for farming purposes.

I am making shaman as the first char to get cash for my thane and sb projects ;) See you ingame!

yemz
Warder

Postby yemz » Jan 05, 2017 16:26

Equade wrote:Good call Yemz. As the first toon it's not quite the best idea as it's hard to template and you're going to have to persuade people to let you be main tank for farming purposes.

I am making shaman as the first char to get cash for my thane and sb projects ;) See you ingame!

yep, what alliance are you part of ? maybe we'll see each other ig

du sgu da dansker hahaha
< powerless >

doggo wan the fishe

Equade
Gryphon Knight

Postby Equade » Jan 05, 2017 17:19

Haven't pledged allegiance to anything but my 4 friends yet :D We'll take it as it comes.

Og ja jeg er sgu da så :D Der er en del af os, og de fleste af os er at finde på Mid ser det ud til!

yemz
Warder

Postby yemz » Jan 06, 2017 05:24

Equade wrote:Haven't pledged allegiance to anything but my 4 friends yet :D We'll take it as it comes.

Og ja jeg er sgu da så :D Der er en del af os, og de fleste af os er at finde på Mid ser det ud til!

vi faktisk en del danskere selv på midgård, har ikke tal men et vildt skud er vel en 8 stks + alt det løse fra eu og usa
< powerless >

doggo wan the fishe

Virn
Myrmidon

Postby Virn » Jan 06, 2017 10:10

The big problem is that static tempest is broken :(

Next

Return to Thane