Thane Spec

Tellus_F
Guardian

Postby Tellus_F » May 23, 2017 10:44

What about:

41 SC (for the second to last Str/con buff)
47 hammer (for higher WS)
42 Shield (for slam)
13 Parry

I think of a thane's role as a interupter and defender staying in the back to peel of train from the casters, I dont wanna rely to heavily on the damage from SC, since it will never be that high, thats why I think going 47 hammer would be better than, 44 sc and 44 hammer.

Note: I'm still leveling my thane so dont know for sure if the spec holds up.

morry1000
Gryphon Knight

Postby morry1000 » May 13, 2018 18:31

Old thread is old :grin:

What about:

50 SC
44 Hammer
29 Shield (nets you off block 7 sec and 6 sec rear stuns) and with + 11 to shield some good defense
23 Parry same as shield, with + 11 the layered defense between that / shield / chainmail should be decent.

Leaves 7 pts left over.

Go troll I would say.

Dex will suck and you will need a bail out from the IMF to pay for the template but hey ho...not an easy life being a thane :D

PS: RR3 could be say: MoPain / MoParry / MoBlock lv 2 / LW1 / Aug Dex II / MCL?

Rendiviel
Gryphon Knight

Postby Rendiviel » May 15, 2018 14:51

morry1000 wrote:Old thread is old :grin:

What about:

50 SC
44 Hammer
29 Shield (nets you off block 7 sec and 6 sec rear stuns) and with + 11 to shield some good defense
23 Parry same as shield, with + 11 the layered defense between that / shield / chainmail should be decent.

Leaves 7 pts left over.

Go troll I would say.

Dex will suck and you will need a bail out from the IMF to pay for the template but hey ho...not an easy life being a thane :D

PS: RR3 could be say: MoPain / MoParry / MoBlock lv 2 / LW1 / Aug Dex II / MCL?

Only someone who is really solid at combat strafing could pull that off, and I would make the argument it is more worthwhile to push shield to 35 (side stun lasting 1s longer) so at rr4 you can have Composite 50 with Composite 27 Parry. Regardless, you'll have to get creative to land a proper stun.

Previous

Return to Thane