Help me choose a weapon please

Shalindra
Warder

Postby Shalindra » May 06, 2022 04:47

Way back on live, not long after the release of SI I migrated to Midgard from Alb. I chose a thane and spec'ed a popular spec back then 50 SC, 50 Weapon, 27 parry, 10 shield. As I remember, this was pre slam for Thanes. She was great fun even when TOA came around, she could tank fairly decently for a group, holding agro for those crazy encounters.

Long story shortened, I have decided to revisit this spec. but wondering on the weapon. Friga is a dwarf thane of 18 seasons, at the moment hammer, but wondering if going this spec, perhaps a rethink on the weapon might be in order. I went axe way back, but hammers do have a great anytime style, and then there is Ragnorok, looks pretty sweet in the sword line sice I am going 50 in weapon. Any thoughts?

Rendiviel
Gryphon Knight

Postby Rendiviel » May 06, 2022 14:28

Imo you should consider going axe if you're going that route. Also, I highly recommend going only to 44 weapon. You should bring shield up to 29 so you can get the 7 second block-proc stun. You won't miss the 6 points in weapon that way :)

50 SC
44 Weapon
29 Shield
23 Parry

Shalindra
Warder

Postby Shalindra » May 07, 2022 02:11

Rendiviel wrote:Imo you should consider going axe if you're going that route. Also, I highly recommend going only to 44 weapon. You should bring shield up to 29 so you can get the 7 second block-proc stun. You won't miss the 6 points in weapon that way :)

50 SC
44 Weapon
29 Shield
23 Parry

Thank you so much for your reply. I always liked the look of the axe anyway :) I do not see much of a difference in the weapon stuns and the shield stuns, perhaps a second but the endurance difference is pretty high, shield eats up the endo for sure.

Return to Thane