Starting points on solo Skald

Badtzmaru
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Badtzmaru » Mar 12, 2017 00:09

Hi, i'm about (within few hours!) to roll a skald.
I will mainly solo.
How should i place the 30 starting points? +10 in str, con and cha, or is cha a worthless choice?
In that case, what to do, +15 str or +10 qui for swing time and a bit of evade?
Thanks! :-P

PS: as race, i think i'll pick up troll and about weapon style, i'd like to go hammer, if no one points out a good reason to make a different choice!
On Uthgard 1.0:
Totenpfeil <Ranger> - Vlath <Hunter> - Toten <Eldritch> - Totentanz <Skald>
On Uthgard 2.0:
Totenzweig <Druid> - Totentanz <Skald>

eckso
Warder

Postby eckso » Mar 14, 2017 17:13

It depends on your race.

For Troll Skalds, best to go 10 in strength, 10 con, and 10 charisma imo. You get the most benefit for each point, and already have massive strength stat.

For Norse, I would go 15 str, 10 Char, as your strength will be low.

Kobold and Dwarf I would use the same logic, 15 str 10 char.

No reason to ever put points into quick as a skald, as your dps is not 100% melee dependent. You are hybrid.

Sifi
Warder

Postby Sifi » Mar 23, 2017 17:42

Disclaimer; I've not solo'd a Skald at this patch level (just doing my sc atm).

But I went 10 str 10 con 10 quick. (Troll)

My reasoning is that from my experience on a Skald, if you were to compare dps between melee and dd's, melee would come out on top. So I perfer to invest in that.

I know play styles come into this, since kiting is a more than valid reason to concentrate on dd's and power pool.

I might find my self to be wrong

Badtzmaru
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Badtzmaru » Mar 31, 2017 12:54

Thanks guys, i had forgot about the post, because when it was time to roll the toon, no one had replied yet.
Thanks for the info, in the end i rolled a troll and put 10 points on str, con and cha.
Hope that those points on charisma will give me a slightly higher dmg output with shouts, otherwise i'll always regret not having put them on qui! :-P
On Uthgard 1.0:
Totenpfeil <Ranger> - Vlath <Hunter> - Toten <Eldritch> - Totentanz <Skald>
On Uthgard 2.0:
Totenzweig <Druid> - Totentanz <Skald>

Zocci
Myrmidon

Postby Zocci » Mar 31, 2017 13:25

You'll be fine either way imo.
The differences is negligible when 50 and temped.
I went 10str, 10con, 10cha as a troll.
Zocci <Njord> - Skald

ConstentinNL
Warder

Postby ConstentinNL » Apr 06, 2017 16:55

eckso wrote:It depends on your race.

For Troll Skalds, best to go 10 in strength, 10 con, and 10 charisma imo. You get the most benefit for each point, and already have massive strength stat.

No reason to ever put points into quick as a skald, as your dps is not 100% melee dependent. You are hybrid.

So, if you're hybrid, why put points into charisma as your dps is not 100% dd dependant ?
Come and fight => http://kamak.labrute.fr

eckso
Warder

Postby eckso » Apr 06, 2017 17:45

ConstentinNL wrote:
eckso wrote:It depends on your race.

So, if you're hybrid, why put points into charisma as your dps is not 100% dd dependant ?

Well there are only a few stats to distribute your points. Strength is your weapon stat, and Charisma is your Magic stat. Both of which gain benefits as you level. Why put points in anything else?

You dont gain much hps from Con, ~60 if you put 10 there. 10 dex? 10 quick? Neither are going to affect your dps/defense as much as Str and Char.

That's my reasoning at least.

Return to Skald